Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell buses

Someone once told that you could buy tickets at a travel shop on the arrivals floor. Is this option still available?

Read that if you don't book online you can walk to their reps in the basement and pay 300b to get one on the spot if theres room.

Any truth?

On 7/15/2018 at 23:35, Autoroam said:

Read that if you don't book online you can walk to their reps in the basement and pay 300b to get one on the spot if theres room.

Any truth?

Yes. The online price booked in advance is 250THB for bus to Pattaya bus station, transfer to minibus to take you to your hotel.

The Bell bus desk is NOT in the basement. It is at ground-floor (street) level; follow the signs to guide you down by lift or escalator from Arrivals. (Basement is for train station into the city).

If the bus has room, you can get a 250 baht ticket for a tip extra, that is for 300 bahts. Best to be there not less than 15 minutes before scheduled departure time. Schedule is on http://www.belltravelservice.com

Is there a Bell bus desk anywhere?  I thought there was only the rep sitting in the passenger area.

On 15/07/2018 at 14:35, Autoroam said:

Any truth?

It may be possible if their are seats free, I saw a Thai guy hand some money over after everyone else was on the bus, then get on, but the bus was not packed, nowhere near.

3 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

Is there a Bell bus desk anywhere?  I thought there was only the rep sitting in the passenger area.

No Bell bus desk but hear the reps is a bus desk belonging to someone else that you can buy a ticket at.

7 minutes ago, insider said:

It may be possible if their are seats free, I saw a Thai guy hand some money over after everyone else was on the bus, then get on, but the bus was not packed, nowhere near.

I came in from BKK just over a week ago and saw the rep turn away a guy who did not have a prepaid ticket. I assumed this meant that the bus must be full, but when I boarded there were only 10 or so people on it. It surprised me that they turned somebody away under these conditions. Maybe he did not offer the necessary tip upfront? I don't know.

4 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

I came in from BKK just over a week ago and saw the rep turn away a guy who did not have a prepaid ticket. I assumed this meant that the bus must be full, but when I boarded there were only 10 or so people on it. It surprised me that they turned somebody away under these conditions. Maybe he did not offer the necessary tip upfront? I don't know.

Maybe they let this guy on because he was Thai and was standing by the bus waiting when we ticket passengers got on? Maybe they knew him?

I live in a new condo building; over thirty floors with twenty or so rooms on each floor. Not listed as a 'pickup' point on their website, called, talked to office in person, sent an email requesting the Condo be listed as a 'pickup' point. Like talking to a dead walrus, not gonna happen.

Yes, a ten minute walk away is a current 'pickup' point, went there.

Oh, I was on time and so was the pickup van. Next two stops we waited ten minutes for the chinese to come down from their room; why the hell we didn't leave them is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

The Bell bus desk is NOT in the basement. It is at ground-floor (street) level;  //

Bell Bus desk? I used them many times and never saw a desk for Bell at the airport. Everytime there was one (or two) employees with a sign, siting in the ground floor waiting area.

1 hour ago, Bonkabit said:

If the bus has room, you can get a 250 baht ticket for a tip extra, that is for 300 bahts. //

They are not authorised to do so, and Bell, with all other companies doing similar activity, have been reminded not long ago again that their license only authorised them to pick-up registered customers. They or not authorised to act as a taxi or normal bus.

• 3 months later...

Using Bell Buses again after a long time. My TGF is going to go from Pattaya to Hua Hin with 11am bus. Seems handy as they will pick her up near our apartment in pratamnak only for 100bht extra and they will get her to Hua Hin hotel from HH bus station also for 100bht extra. Let's see how it goes. I will go after her next Friday and will use the same option. 649bht from door to door. Not bad.

• 1 month later...
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 05:02, LarryDarrell said:

I used them for the first time about a month ago from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya, and since my flight landed about an hour before scheduled I spent sometime waiting for the bus, and I saw both a man without a ticket being refused to buy a ticket from the rep. He had to book a ticket online on his phone and then show the mobile receipt to the rep to get his ticket.

But also saw a couple that bought a ticket directly from the same rep with cash.

So it seems to be a lottery if you can buy or not, lol.

And regarding my experience, it all went efficient although the van driver from the bus terminal to the hotel seemed a bit grumpy.

I just bought a ticket for next month. The price might be going up again as I paid 280.

I'm taking a gamble on my flight being on time by only leaving 45 mins to get to the bus. Not too worried if I miss it. Other options right there or I can just call my go to taxi company. 

• 2 weeks later...

The rates online from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is TBH 300 already. 

They also mentioned that only online booking for Suvarnabhumi departures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
The rates online from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya is TBH 300 already. 
They also mentioned that only online booking for Suvarnabhumi departures.

There is still a rep on the ground floor. I always check the 380 and book the one with the esrliest departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Sometimes pays of more to take the regular bus+taxi costs from Pattaya bus terminal to your hotel.Not cheaper,but less hassle.

Thats what i did two weeks ago: my hotel in Bkk was near Terminal 21,there was an afternoon departure with Bell bus at 1.30pm but the pick u time for my hotel was 12.30 pm so decided to take a taxi to Ekamai bus station( 80b),bus ticket was about 110b+20b for luggage,and the taxi in Pattaya 200b,so basically just a bit more than the 380b Bell buss.

Edited by buck011

13 minutes ago, buck011 said:

Sometimes pays of more to take the regular bus+taxi costs from Pattaya bus terminal to your hotel.Not cheaper,but less hassle.

Thats what i did two weeks ago: my hotel in Bkk was near Terminal 21,there was an afternoon departure with Bell bus at 1.30pm but the pick u time for my hotel was 12.30 pm so decided to take a taxi to Ekamai bus station( 80b),bus ticket was about 110b+20b for luggage,and the taxi in Pattaya 200b,so basically just a bit more than the 380b Bell buss.

sounds like more hassle actually than sitting back and getting door to door service...how long did it take is the key?  if you saved an hour of travel (highly unlikely) then maybe you could justify it

Cant really tell you how much time i actually saved since in Pattaya the traffic was pretty much bad.

But in case if Bell bus you have 2 changes of bus(if i remember well)+1 hour earlier pick up time(and you should be at least 15 min earlier ready)+it can take some time if you were among the last passengers dropped to your hotel.

But yes you are right at the end probably not more than 1/2 hour saved...

2 hours ago, buck011 said:

Why didn't you take the sky train to Ekami Terminal 21 in connected to Asoke station?

1 hour ago, adammike said:

Why didn't you take the sky train to Ekami Terminal 21 in connected to Asoke station?

I guess it depends on how much luggage you have, I wouldn't fancy lugging anything more than a rucksack and a cabin friendly sized case (on wheels) around the BTS.

• 2 months later...

On the route from BKK to Hua Hin, the bus stops in central Cha Am.

Can anybody who has got off here confirm if there normally taxi's or tuk tuks readily available to take you to your hotel  ?

Thanks for your help

• 5 months later...

Just attempted to book connections each way next month, via their web-site (which is working), but the Home-page/Booking-page doesn't want to load  ...  can only hope that they get their act together. :wink:

18 minutes ago, semi-retired member said:

Just attempted to book connections each way next month, via their web-site (which is working), but the Home-page/Booking-page doesn't want to load  ...  can only hope that they get their act together. :wink:

Hi. Long time that they have frequent problems with their home page on http://www.belltravelservice.com/

but just click on the big green "BOOK NOW" button and no problem to book a bus  :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, semi-retired member said:

Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks, Oukiva  the page wasn't loading fully, but doing Page-Down I can now immediately see the button, my bad !

• 4 weeks later...

Travelled from Swampy today, B280 booked online, the bus was barely a quarter full but the rep sold a couple of walk-ups at B300 each.