IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Dear P.A. the Wok N Rok kitchen is closed today. Open again tomorrow at 2pm. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, was going to try and get a delivery later. Your poor wife must be knackered, tried for a few hours last night to place an order but she was flat out, hope she gets some good staff to help her soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, was going to try and get a delivery later. Your poor wife must be knackered, tried for a few hours last night to place an order but she was flat out, hope she gets some good staff to help her soon.

I hope so but no enquires as of yet. My mate spoke to an ex 7/11 girl and told Him about the job. She said she'd rather freelance in New Plazza. I'm afraid it's next to impossible here to find kitchen staff. 

Yes, I'm taking her out for a steak later and a couple of drinks. She needs a night off. 

Hey mate!

Sorry I missed you guys this trip...Pattaya and Plans don't seem to mix :)

Hopefully catch up with you guys at your new place in Bangkok next time if you are setup.

Cheers Mate

grif

Double special on today. Both British Chinese takeaway classics.

Shredded smoked chicken.

Beef curry.

Both with egg fried rice or chips.

205 Baht

Tel: 092 969 4119

Wok N Rok kitchen at Mates sports bar Soi Baukhao.

Shreddedsmokedchicken.jpg

Beefcurrychips2.jpg

Dear P.A.
Today's Wok N Rok at mates bar specials.
An old favourite here. Chicken breast off curry with egg fried rice or chips.
205 Baht.
And now for something completely different. What was Ireland's best selling takeaway last year? This is going to surprise you. The humble spice bag. You've probably not heard of this. It's cooked twice chicken and chips seasoned in the wok with a special spice mix. With chilies and veg. A great munchie if you're feeling hungry. Wok N Rok spice box comes in a large foam container. It's a big eat and addictive taste. I've had two since last night!
165 Baht.
Tel: 092 969 4119 or come along to Mates bar Soi Baukhao.

Breast_Curry.jpg

SpiceE.jpeg

Triple special from Wok N Rok at Mates bar today.
Chicken in black-bean sauce.
Char siu pork with pineapple in Cantonese sauce
And an old favourite. Chicken chop suey.
Specials come with egg fried rice or chips.
205 Baht.

Blackbean_Chicken.jpg

Can_Use.jpeg

Chop_Suey.jpg

Today's special from Wok N Rok at Mates sports bar is a two course.
Spare ribs in BBQ sauce. This is the red sweet meaty sauce that's popular in English Chinese takeaways.
Chicken satay main course. Chicken, pineapple, onion and water chestnuts cooked in a delicious satay sauce. Please note this is a little spicy as it includes Chinese satay paste. Egg fried rice or chips included.
255 Baht.

Ribs2.jpg

MainSatay.jpeg

Today's special at Wok N Rok kitchen at Mates bar is Kung Pao chicken Hong Kong style.
This is the version that is popular in the Northern part of the UK and some other areas. A red, sweet slightly sour and medium spicy sauce. This includes cashew nuts, peas, water chestnuts.
Comes with egg fried rice or chips.
205 Baht.
Salt and pepper chips 15 Baht extra.

KungPaoChicken.jpg

Today's special at Wok N Rok kitchen at Mates bar is Kung Pao chicken Hong Kong style.

This is the version that is popular in the Northern part of the UK and some other areas. A red, sweet slightly sour and medium spicy sauce. This includes cashew nuts, peas, water chestnuts.

205 Baht.

attachicon.gifKungPaoChicken.jpg

Will give you a try in 7 days.Looks very good.

Watering my mouth.555.See you.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

205 Baht.

attachicon.gifKungPaoChicken.jpg

I love Gong Bao chicken, but I have to ask, is there a way to order your food more original style than UK/Hong Kong style? In this case, with zero sugar and more dried chili than any one person can consume?

I'm not such a big fan of sugar anymore, and avoid the Cantonese type cuisines on that basis. Sichuan/Hunan dishes, though, they're like crack to me.

Today's special from Wok N Rok at Mates sports bar is a two course.

Spare ribs in BBQ sauce. This is the red sweet meaty sauce that's popular in English Chinese takeaways.

Chicken satay main course. Chicken, pineapple, onion and water chestnuts cooked in a delicious satay sauce. Please note this is a little spicy as it includes Chinese satay paste. Egg fried rice or chips included.

255 Baht.

attachicon.gifRibs2.jpg

attachicon.gifMainSatay.jpeg

YUM, just can't wait to sink my teeth into this.

See you in Feb!

I love Gong Bao chicken, but I have to ask, is there a way to order your food more original style than UK/Hong Kong style? In this case, with zero sugar and more dried chili than any one person can consume?

I'm not such a big fan of sugar anymore, and avoid the Cantonese type cuisines on that basis. Sichuan/Hunan dishes, though, they're like crack to me.

Today's special is authentic Sichuan Kung Pao chicken but I'm afraid there is sugar in the recipe. It's required because it has to balance the sour from the taste.

A 2 course special today lads.

Chicken sweetcorn soup.

Followed by authentic Sichuan Kung Pao chicken.

With egg fried rice or chips.

240 Baht

Kung_Pao_Use.jpg

USE.jpeg

Hey Wok n Rok, want me to try bring you bag of Sichuan Pepper (Hua Jiao) when I come next week or is it widely available there? Nothing beats that numbing sensation from Hua Jiao.

Countdown Clocks

Hey Wok n Rok, want me to try bring you bag of Sichuan Pepper (Hua Jiao) when I come next week or is it widely available there? Nothing beats that numbing sensation from Hua Jiao.

Kind offer. P.M. sent. Cheers.

Lads. The kitchen is closed today. Ouy's got a day off. Open again tomorrow.

I saw a big bag of it for sale at Makro, North Pattaya Road. 

It's not the Chinese Sichuan red peppercorns. The ones they sell are Made in Thailand. Completely different mate. Thai and Chinese condiments, soy's sauces etc are poles apart.

We got a supply of Chinese yellowbean sauce the other day. We had a Thai yellowbean sauce and there is no comparison. Flavour's completely different.

Yes, I am already fully aware of that issue. I had thought the ones at Makro were different though. I only saw once and didn't try as I was only in there once.  Are you sure the brand they sell at Makro is Thai made? I have bought very poor Thai made ones at other locations. 

Yes, I am already fully aware of that issue. I had thought the ones at Makro were different though. I only saw once and didn't try as I was only in there once.  Are you sure the brand they sell at Makro is Thai made? I have bought very poor Thai made ones at other locations. 

Yes. Got both here. Grind them down a bit and they taste and smell completely different.

Nothing made here even if it has chinese writing on it should be used to cook Chinese food. Soyas, oyster sauces. Everything has to be from China. And depending on the dish for example a Sichuan dish then this MUST have chili bean paste from Sichuan province in it (pixian douben jiang). Compare Lee Kum Kee brand to a real  bean paste. Different tastes. Although they use this brand a lot in the UK.

Blackbeans are a good example. It HAS to be Chinese salted blackbeans. The Thai versions taste terrible and don't stand up to the paste process required to prepare the beans.

Chinese blackbeans in Chinatown Bangkok. 50g costs 85 Baht. In the UK 500g costs £1.50 thank feck I have plenty mates coming over here.

This is going on as part of a triple special tomorrow. For the first time She's able to cook this English style of Kung Pao chicken. It combines two different sauces to give a spicy sweet taste. One sauce in particular cannot be bought here. Even in Chinatown Bangkok. It's the one the English Chinese takeaways use. Beautiful taste this was.  Smokey, sweet and bloody spicy.

Kung_Pao.jpeg

I have a friend who has a factory in china call me maybe we can do a deal on ingredients .

JDM

Cheers.

Unfortunately a lot of the ingredients She uses can only be sourced in UK Chinese wholesalers. They are manufactured for the Western taste buds.

But I'll keep this in mind JDM

Yes. Got both here. Grind them down a bit and they taste and smell completely different.

Nothing made here even if it has chinese writing on it should be used to cook Chinese food. Soyas, oyster sauces. Everything has to be from China. And depending on the dish for example a Sichuan dish then this MUST have chili bean paste from Sichuan province in it (pixian douben jiang). Compare Lee Kum Kee brand to a real  bean paste. Different tastes. Although they use this brand a lot in the UK.

Blackbeans are a good example. It HAS to be Chinese salted blackbeans. The Thai versions taste terrible and don't stand up to the paste process required to prepare the beans.

Chinese blackbeans in Chinatown Bangkok. 50g costs 85 Baht. In the UK 500g costs £1.50 thank feck I have plenty mates coming over here.

This is going on as part of a triple special tomorrow. For the first time She's able to cook this English style of Kung Pao chicken. It combines two different sauces to give a spicy sweet taste. One sauce in particular cannot be bought here. Even in Chinatown Bangkok. It's the one the English Chinese takeaways use. Beautiful taste this was.  Smokey, sweet and bloody spicy.

attachicon.gifKung_Pao.jpeg

I'm aware of these issues. Have you ever been able to source Sechuan pixian douben jiang in Thailand? I haven't. Let me confirm, the Sechuan peppers in the large bag at Makro are Thai grown?

I'm aware of these issues. Have you ever been able to source Sechuan pixian douben jiang in Thailand? I haven't. Let me confirm, the Sechuan peppers in the large bag at Makro are Thai grown?

Yes to the first question and I'll bet you anything they ar NOT Chinese Sichuan peppercorn.

The 'Hand' brand manufactures most Chinese copies here. And it is a copy. For sure. Nothing like the real deal mate.

Archived