Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

I am an avid Chinese food fan,although i wish you had some American style Chinese dishes, But anyway I just order a bunch of food and i so excited! waiting for it to be delivered as i type this!

How was it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried it out yesterday with thai wife, she had never eaten chinese food until we went to uk and liked chicken in blackbean sauce, ordered that with chinese mushrooms but they didn't have the mushrooms, thought here we go but will give them benefit of the doubt maybe just teething probs with supplies/ordering and not a major problem ordered with green peppers instead and boiled rice, l ordered kung po chicken with egg fried rice.

There were a couple other customers at tables in before us and we didn't have to wait too long to get our food, was obvious the food was being made fresh then brought out as per ordered. Presentation was simple and food was good, rice was tasty 'hom' type and egg fried version just as good, no complaints with chicken in blackbean sauce or the rice (even from the wife!!!!!!), the kung po chicken was a little bit sweet and not too spicy which is how l like it but l see in another post the guys thought their main was too sweet. Portions weren't huge but sufficed and fair amount of chicken. We have eaten in China Garden and both agree the food is def better here.

The restaurant had been freshly painted but did seem a little understated and drab with very bare walls but overall it was a nice enough experience, 2 chicken dishes, 2 rice dishes, nahm som and a water for about 500baht, will def go back.

A mate had come in and ordered chicken curry and chips to take away, l saw him today and he wasn't impressed, said curry had very little chicken and was mostly onions for 155baht and 50baht for a little amount of 'frozen' chips.

l'm sure the owner is keeping an eye on this forum and taking all the comments on board, good luck with the venture. 

MMMM "wok in wok out" new lesterlant name for sale any takers?

Skeeter , we are still awaiting your verdict ??  Was it good ?

Rumour has it he tried to eat 2 szechuan style deep fried mars bars! He may be some time! :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Ordered the Kung Pao chicken, and lemon chicken to go. I thought the Kung Pao was a little sweet and the lemon 

chicken was a little bland. But the quality and quantity were very good. I picked up the take away menu, added

my 20 favourite items to my smart phone and can now sms in my order and can pick it up on my way home.

I have a rice cooker at the condo. While I am frugal/parsimonious I think the Wok N Rok is excellent value and I look

forward to working my way down the menu. 

I will give my review in three weeks time here in this thread, with the ratings out of ten.  I am sure the quality will be good there. 

Gentlemen..thank you for your reviews.

We listen and where we can improve we will. This is UK Chinese food and we have only been open three days with repeat custom so at the moment we are happy.

Because Chinese Western food is so diverse it's impossible to please everybody but we aim to try.

We are training staff, on the job training. There is one Chef and two assistants because quite frankly I want quality going out of the kitchen. If we're busy and you wait a little extra I make no apologies. The Boss is the Chef and she will not allow a Thai to cook Her food, until they are trained to do so.

Cheers...

Where is Skeeter ??? He is gone quiet ???  He Might be in Hospital as i type now..555

Does the GF only eat Thai food?

I think the "Scotland" reference is alluding to them serving British style Chinese food, as opposed to Chinese style Chinese food! Yeah, I know how it sounds and understand your point but there's a huge difference. It's a Brit thing!

She eats Thai and western food, but knows nothing about Chinese food, or maybe she doesn't like it. I didn't ask, but I know she didn't want to stay.

The Scotland reference is about me finding British style Chinese food good, but too sweet if I'm having my favorite -- sweet 'n sour chicken.

Gentlemen..thank you for your reviews.

We listen and where we can improve we will. This is UK Chinese food and we have only been open three days with repeat custom so at the moment we are happy.

Because Chinese Western food is so diverse it's impossible to please everybody but we aim to try.

We are training staff, on the job training. There is one Chef and two assistants because quite frankly I want quality going out of the kitchen. If we're busy and you wait a little extra I make no apologies. The Boss is the Chef and she will not allow a Thai to cook Her food, until they are trained to do so.

Cheers...

Pass here every day and have already tried and posted my findings but good to see the daily special has been chicken curry with boiled rice and a bottle beer 195B but noticed today you can now get the curry with chips or fried rice as well, hats off to the owner he's obviously listening to the 'constructive critism' and trying to please the punters, good luck and continued success, l have already said both l and my thai wife will be back for more!

yrs i had the chicken curry fried rice and a tiger beer on thursday ordereed 3 take aways as well total cost 660baht. great value had shewswan chicken yesterday for breakfast[or half of it as my mrs got stuck in to it]  she loved it shes reheating beef and blackbean sauce as i type for todays breakfast

keep up the good work i'll be back for more

any holes a goal

Pass here every day and have already tried and posted my findings but good to see the daily special has been chicken curry with boiled rice and a bottle beer 195B but noticed today you can now get the curry with chips or fried rice as well, hats off to the owner he's obviously listening to the 'constructive critism' and trying to please the punters, good luck and continued success, l have already said both l and my thai wife will be back for more!

Back today for second time, had same kung po chicken, not as sweet as before and just enough chilli, obvious the owners are listening to the punters, keep up the great food and service, see you again soon!

Back today for second time, had same kung po chicken, not as sweet as before and just enough chilli, obvious the owners are listening to the punters, keep up the great food and service, see you again soon!

Thank you. Yes we took a little bit of the sweetness out of the Kung Pao and changed the colour of the sauce, as we want to please the majority. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your custom.

I am an avid Chinese food fan,although i wish you had some American style Chinese dishes, But anyway I just order a bunch of food and i so excited! waiting for it to be delivered as i type this!

I think they will be adding a Honey Soy hot dog to the mix brother  :GoldenSmile1:

This is not a review as I believe you need to try an assortment of dishes on different days to get a balanced  opinion.

However I and my family had a meal there we were very very happy and will go again I only have one observation and It was so insignificant (to me)  that I did not mention it to the owner.

It was a comment to me when I asked my Thai wife "did you like the food" she replied yes however the rice was a little dry. (this was fried rice).

I do not read too much into this as when we cook rice at home she cooks it soft and wet ( the Thai way) I always cook it harder and dry Fluffy. and she never cooks ( Fried rice).

I would not change the cooking of the rice but you  guys with Thai partners need to understand that Thais like it soft and wet 5555555555. and may complain or not like it.

As regards to the portion size my wife could not eat it all I did however I am a big guy 6'2 and 125kg I was full and happy ( i did eat her left overs) no reflection on the food I always do  she never eats it all.

The cook  came and asked if the food was ok ( nice to see) only ever had this in China Gardens  ( clearly a more upmarket establishment ) however the quality of the food is just as good  if you wish to dine in a 5 star environment then go to CG I do, if you would like to dine on a budget in a clean restaurant  then W+R is the place to go to

Edit... I have come back to post that also there are no smoking signs in the main area (not sure about outside by the side of the street) I have come back to post this as I am aware there are some BM who do not like smoking in the eating area.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Food was excellent on a par with Uk standards.

John... you're immortal; Bill Shankly said to Jock Stein after Celtic won the European Cup May 25th 1967.

This is not a review as I believe you need to try an assortment of dishes on different days to get a balanced  opinion.

However I and my family had a meal there we were very very happy and will go again I only have one observation and It was so insignificant (to me)  that I did not mention it to the owner.

It was a comment to me when I asked my Thai wife "did you like the food" she replied yes however the rice was a little dry. (this was fried rice).

I do not read too much into this as when we cook rice at home she cooks it soft and wet ( the Thai way) I always cook it harder and dry Fluffy. and she never cooks ( Fried rice).

I would not change the cooking of the rice but you  guys with Thai partners need to understand that Thais like it soft and wet 5555555555. and may complain or not like it.

As regards to the portion size my wife could not eat it all I did however I am a big guy 6'2 and 125kg I was full and happy ( i did eat her left overs) no reflection on the food I always do  she never eats it all.

The cook  came and asked if the food was ok ( nice to see) only ever had this in China Gardens  ( clearly a more upmarket establishment ) however the quality of the food is just as good  if you wish to dine in a 5 star environment then go to CG I do, if you would like to dine on a budget in a clean restaurant  then W+R is the place to go to

Edit... I have come back to post that also there are no smoking signs in the main area (not sure about outside by the side of the street) I have come back to post this as I am aware there are some BM who do not like smoking in the eating area.

JDM

No Smoking signs are now on the eating area wall. Cheers...

Any Onion Rings on the menu ??? Always love em with Chicken Curry ...

Food was excellent on a par with Uk standards.

Thanks. 

That tells me all I need to know.

Not taking the piss here. I am appreciative of the post. I guess the joint ain't for me.

Thank you. Yes we took a little bit of the sweetness out of the Kung Pao and changed the colour of the sauce, as we want to please the majority. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for your custom.

forgot to say ''love your wifes scottish accent''   :GoldenSmile1:

forgot to say ''love your wifes scottish accent''   :GoldenSmile1:

Yes... that surprises a few people.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Onion Rings on the menu ??? Always love em with Chicken Curry ...

No onion rings on the menu but onion in the curry. We do have side orders though. Some people like to dip spring rolls and crackers in their curry sauce!

Archived