IGNORED

The Nags Head - Horse pick thread

Steven B'stard

well guys it looks like bliss lounge will have to wait 

..Yeah,,,, :LOL2: Hope you didn't back much. Keep an eye on every saturday..

Edited by jocky king

Well Refreshed 3.50pm Sandown  (Jocky King) Unplaced

Lady Kashan  2.55pm Ripon           (Adiwoodiwiss) 2nd

Snow Trooper 2.20pm Ripon           (Adiwoodiwiss) Unplaced

Ingleby Symphony 6.45pm  Doncaster   (Teddyb)  

Calcutated Risk 1.30pm Sandown     (StevenBstard) Unplaced

Thanks lads,,, Teddyb, I hate Doncaster, :SoWhat1: .. Punters Graveyard.

i was born in doncaster no bullshit :Think1:

..Yeah,,,, :LOL2: Hope you didn't back much. Keep an eye on every saturday..

no, i never go on big,bookies are rich enough,plus you get treble the odds for one winner on a lucky 15.

Having a long time interest in horse racing I admit to conducting a few searches here in PA to see if perhaps there was a bar or a place in Pattaya where people might go that share the same interest. Of course in the search I ran across this thread and have been following your posts with interest the past few weeks.

Most of my experience has been with North America racing, although being a long time student of bloodlines has helped me understand the influence of the International sires. Over the past 13 years I have been fortunate to share my interest online with a site that covers breeding/racing on an international scale. Great group of dedicated horse people from all over the world there, so have enjoyed that a lot.

Don't subscribe to any of the online gaming services so my interest is primarily in the sport itself along with what is going on with trainers, breeders, tracks, and other aspects that are part of the overall sport.

Saying hello and thought it was only proper to do so since I was lurking around.

Hello Sanuk, welcome aboard, sorry for the late acknowledgement to your post.... too busy picking losers  lol.  I'm afraid I haven't shown a great deal of interest towards the North American racing scene apart from the Triple crown, Breeders Cup and of course the legendary Northern Dancer and the great trainer Bobby Frankel.  We tend to be a little insular here in the U.K. and besides, it takes more than enough time just sifting through our own conumdrum of form lines.  Anyway, apologies again and I hope we have entertained you and other BMs these past few weeks. 

"Gerard Butler has told BHA that several of his horses received treatment consisting of injections of anabolic steroids for injured joints. He believes more than 100 racehorses across Newmarket may have been given the same treatment"......another bombshell.

Hello Sanuk, welcome aboard, sorry for the late acknowledgement to your post.... too busy picking losers  lol.  I'm afraid I haven't shown a great deal of interest towards the North American racing scene apart from the Triple crown, Breeders Cup and of course the legendary Northern Dancer and the great trainer Bobby Frankel.  We tend to be a little insular here in the U.K. and besides, it takes more than enough time just sifting through our own conumdrum of form lines.  Anyway, apologies again and I hope we have entertained you and other BMs these past few weeks. 

Thanks for the welcome teddy.. Knew Bobby Frankel since his early days when he first came west and was best known for claiming horses and turning them into allowance/stakes winners. In fact gave him a couple to train for me at Santa Anita back in the 70's. Neither horse was much, but it did give me the opportunity to know Bobby better.

Hope his namesake can take over the breeding shed the same way he took over the racetrack. With the quality of mares he is getting it looks as if he will have every chance to do just that.

It's not about what you got.. It's all about what you can still get!

Did he/she win ??

My Tip for today is Well Refreshed, He is the only horse that won the distance.. Runs at 3.50pm at Sandown

Sorry to say did no good jockey.

Thank god the carnival is over started well but copped a hammering in the end,

Come on Jocky,  wake up.

Here is mine before it gets any shorter.  Big gamble on this.  9/1 earlier,  now 4/1  

Jetnova,   3.40 Uttoxeter.  Alan King was in fine form last couple of months. 

I don't know if Addiwoodwiss is around or if he has flown out yet.  I think he is due to go to Patts soon.

Stevie

Hello Lads... 

Khione ..............14.20pm Goodwood 4/1   Jocky King

Jetnova.............15.40pm Uttoxeter  7/2    StevnB'stard.

I've been waiting for this horse to run again since winning its maiden 3 weeks ago....just got the better of a 96 rated horse that day off level weights and yet is only allotted a rating of 84 for its handicap debut. Price is a bit skinny though 9/2 .....ROBOT BOY....4.25 Newmarket  Best of luck everybody.

Hello Lads... 

Khione ..............14.20pm Goodwood 4/1   Jocky King

Jetnova.............15.40pm Uttoxeter  7/2    StevnB'stard.

Robot Boy........16.25pm..Newmarket 9/2 Teddyb

Thanks Teddyb... All prices comes from Paddy Power.

Hi guys

still in England don't go patts till the end of june.

my selections today revolve around the big race I think dawn approach is a steel if you can find the 2/1 and it is about

now one that I find intresting for each way is mr cecils horse kyllachy rise 66/1 I don't think he would be there if the big man didn't think he had a squeak running in a race like this can make or break a horse as he is a maiden he will find it difficult to drop to handicap company once he gets a handicap mark after running in a race like this.

Hi guys

still in England don't go patts till the end of june.

my selections today revolve around the big race I think dawn approach is a steel if you can find the 2/1 and it is about

now one that I find intresting for each way is mr cecils horse kyllachy rise 66/1 I don't think he would be there if the big man didn't think he had a squeak running in a race like this can make or break a horse as he is a maiden he will find it difficult to drop to handicap company once he gets a handicap mark after running in a race like this.

now that is interesting ,  i saw that Cecil horse in the betting this morning and i thought to myself , have never seen one of his at that price, i thought the bookies must know something we don't.  mmmmmm

Thanks Addi,   Good luck all.

Stevie

"Gerard Butler has told BHA that several of his horses received treatment consisting of injections of anabolic steroids for injured joints. He believes more than 100 racehorses across Newmarket may have been given the same treatment"......another bombshell.

theres a bit of a grey area here as there is other banned substances that are used on a regular basis in the racing industry such as bute and acp  some trainers I could name use these on a daily basis mainly acp witch is a sedative they use on horses in light work as there not much fun to ride when they get fresh and you can take my word for that.

bute is a pain killer that is used everyday in the racing world as long as you withdraw use ten days prior to racing giving the drug time to clear the system it as never been a problem apart from the odd time they have found a trace.

so in my opinion there needs to be some proper guidelines set so who can use what and when and for what uses as i know this as been going on for years some things in racing do tend to get swept under the carpet when it suits 

Thanks for the welcome teddy.. Knew Bobby Frankel since his early days when he first came west and was best known for claiming horses and turning them into allowance/stakes winners. In fact gave him a couple to train for me at Santa Anita back in the 70's. Neither horse was much, but it did give me the opportunity to know Bobby better.

Hope his namesake can take over the breeding shed the same way he took over the racetrack. With the quality of mares he is getting it looks as if he will have every chance to do just that.

its good to see a few more getting involved in this thread.

I quite enjoy posting my fancys on here on a Saturday morning

all the best guys.

Khione ..............14.20pm Goodwood 4/1   Jocky King

Jetnova.............15.40pm Uttoxeter  7/2    StevnB'stard.

Robot Boy........16.25pm..Newmarket 9/2 Teddyb

Dawn Approach.15.50pm Newmarket 7/4..Adiwoodiwiss. 

Get in jocky ....well in

Happy Days... :Wassup1:

Happy Days... :Wassup1:

well done buddy great start :GoldenSmile1:

thanks Buddy... :Wassup1: Hope the other three comes up as well....

Nice double... One to go.. :Wassup1:  Dawn Approach is some horse, he just blew them away. 

Well done Adi... 2 to go

One to go.... Steven horse got hammered..  :DeadHorse2:

Well done Adi... 2 to go

Sorry, got my times mixed up....too excited , Hull City promoted!