IGNORED

The Nags Head - Horse pick thread

Steven B'stard

This thread is for horse racing fans the world over.

Any tips,  info, foresights, stories , anything at all related to the sport.  with one exception.

No talk of gambling or monies invested in racing allowed.

Gambling is illegal in Thailand and the site is based there so it is a no no.

It is also stated in the forum rules.

To kick things off i have copied & pasted a post from BM Adiwoodiwiss he posted this morning.

Quote -  

the two horses that stand out at me today = CHANDLERY 2.20 don  its been running in better company than this in the past  but as to overcome a long lay off but looking at the race the majority of the other runners av to overcome a lay off also with Richard Hannon training it I think it will be fit

SOLAR DEITY = 3.50 kem its been running well on the all weather surface this year and looks like an improving horse

anybody else see anything that stands out today ?

Stevie

Adiwoodiwiss

i have only just bought the paper and will have a look soon.

Good luck

Stevie

Thanks for starting the threads... I put the post in other thread already.. So i will put same post here again... I dont have any tips in my town but will in future ... So today, i only pick out the one i fancy...

, Doncaster flat racing, But i fancy Move In Time to win at 3.30pm at Doncaster.. I tend to back a horse that wins last time out with an apprentice jockey on him. 

Edited by jocky king

Adiwoodiwiss.... Chandlery 2.20pm Doncaster and Solar Deity 3.50 Kempton

Jocky King.... Move In Time  3.30pm Doncaster

Edited by jocky king

Solar Deity is in the 3.50 Kempton    Jocky, 

I have opted for one over the jumps at Stratford.

The Bear trap  2.30 Strat  -  returning to 2 miles and back to novice company after two disappointing runs,  Rebecca Curtis has recruited the champ McCoy for the ride. 

Trainer in fine form with At Fishers Cross winning at Aintree and Teaforthree finishing 3rd in the national.  

Edited by Steven B'stard

Stevie

Adiwoodiwiss.... Chandlery 2.20pm Doncaster and Solar Deity 3.50 Kempton

Jocky King.... Move In Time  3.30pm Doncaster

Steven B'stard...The Bear Trap...2.30pm Stratford

Nice yankee.... :Wassup1:

got the new thread!

lets see hoe we go.

yeeeeeehaaaa Jocky,   well done  move in time.    2 to go

Stevie

yeeeeeehaaaa Jocky,   well done  move in time.    2 to go

Nice one... Just saw the race.. He ran well. He should have few winners in the coming months. Was so glad for you. 

Can a mod please close this thread    :Cry3:      55555  i just realized my one got beat too. i thought it was 4.30 not 2.30

Stevie

Can a mod please close this thread    :Cry3:      55555  i just realized my one got beat too. i thought it was 4.30 not 2.30

Dont close this.... Nothing to embarrass about, we all entitled to make mistakes... Keep this thread alive, should be a long thread .Someday, we will have yankee or superyankee up.

Dont close this.... Nothing to embarrass about, we all entitled to make mistakes... Keep this thread alive, should be a long thread .Someday, we will have yankee or superyankee up.

Yeah i was only joking.  no worries

Stevie

Sorry fellas, became n/r 2.23pm  watch for next time.

Ok.. Will watch out for him...Thanks

Ok.. Will watch out for him...Thanks

To be honest jocky, I feel a little peeved as I believe that was the one that got away lol. Snow Queen who finished 3rd today  beaten by about 5lbs, won its race on the same day as Pop Art did last year, same distance, same course, yet on time assessment Pop Art ran 10lbs superior to her. Doing the maths suggests Pop Art had a great chance today. Never mind, she will still be a great price for the Irish or English 1000 Guineas on the proviso she stays the mile !

Just some breaking news from OZ guys. Black Caviar has been retired undefeated after 25 wins. Sad but I am glad they didn't get greedy.

PS. Thanks for starting the thread Steve although it is a bit hard to keep up from the other side of the world. LOL.

Edited by Jebb
  • Like 2

image.png

To be honest jocky, I feel a little peeved as I believe that was the one that got away lol. Snow Queen who finished 3rd today  beaten by about 5lbs, won its race on the same day as Pop Art did last year, same distance, same course, yet on time assessment Pop Art ran 10lbs superior to her. Doing the maths suggests Pop Art had a great chance today. Never mind, she will still be a great price for the Irish or English 1000 Guineas on the proviso she stays the mile !

Unfortunately she is not entered for either, maybe waiting for Royal Ascot and the better ground.

Hi guys!
well I didn't have a good start last week so well done to all you that did.
my fancy for today is Maureen 2.55 newbury I think this Richard Hannon trained filly is very nice. I would ignore her last run I think she may have gone off the boil and if ones gonna be ready first time I think mr Hannon can do that. 

Mick Channon has a 3 year old running at Nottingham tomorrow that has already won 1st time out. Apparently the horse has gained confidence through leading out the yearlings over the winter and is now happy to bowl along in front and then repel all who try to pass....employed different tactics to last season.The horse in question is STRONG CONVICTION and runs in the 7.00 pm Nottingham and is 10/1 at the moment with Paddy Power.  Another to mention is AL FREEJ  who runs in the 2.15 pm at Thirsk. The extra furlong should suit after finishing a close 2nd over 6 furlongs last time out. Currently 3/1 with Chandlers.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I like the look of strong conviction.a lot of the other runners have shown form on the all weather but in my opinion it is difficult to transfer it to the turf.

Yes Jocky, spot on. A few hours overtime in.  5 Weeks today and it's wheels up. 

Adiwoodiwiss is going next month too but i think we just miss each other,   pity , a drink and a chat on the 6 would have been good.

Anyway,  i have been looking at the Scottish national and don't fancy anything at all,  it is going to be a very open race,  stick a pin in the paper trying to predict the outcome i think.

I have chosen Global Village,  2.20 Newbury.  Only beat by a nostrel in the Lincoln a couple of weeks ago, only raised 2lb and the appointment of K, Fallon  has swung it for me.

Good luck everybody. 

Stevie

Well done Adiwoodiwiss,  nice one.

Stevie

Well done Adiwoodiwiss,  nice one.

We are still waiting for your win.....  :rolleyes:

We are still waiting for your win.....  :rolleyes:

Me and BG   -   :23:                        " i win "        

Stevie

cheers guys!!

better than last week I think you may see a lot more of that filly this year looks like theres more to come she must be a fancy for the 1000 guineas now

Good effort you co-mongering tipsters...better luck next week.Well done adiwoodiwiss...MAUREEN looks promising for the 1000 guineas, but have a look at A.P O'briens "MOTH" impressive winning run about 3 weeks ago...quickened really well after being held up at the back. I think she's 12s at the moment.

Here's a horse for you.

Llamadas

Its 11 so old for a flat horse. Oddly enough it went the "opposite" way to most by jumping first then moving to flat. Since coming out of retirement in November 2012, after 5 years away, it seems to win (at good prices) every 3 or 4 races. Hasn't won in its last two!?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!