IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rate

I can't believe you guys complaining about the "LOW" exchange rates, you can fly here from Europe and GB cheaper than we can fly here from the Land Down Under and you get something akin to twice as many baht for your hard earned cash, compared to what we get and we have to work just as hard for it ????????

Where's the problem, 75 was overpriced and I personally can't see it ever getting back there, with the state of your economies, your lucky your getting what you are.

:GoldenSmile1:

Bam Bam

Edited by Bam_Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

If you think about the fact that over the past month for every $10,000 you just lost 10,000 baht in exchange...that is a problem.

I can't believe you guys complaining about the "LOW" exchange rates, you can fly here from Europe and GB cheaper than we can fly here from the Land Down Under and you get something akin to twice as many baht for your your hard earned cash, compared to what we get and we have to work just as hard for it ????????

Where's the problem, 75 was overpriced and I personally can't see it ever getting back there, with the state of your economies, your lucky your getting what you are.

:GoldenSmile1:

Bam Bam

Well, we was used to 1 LT and 2 ST per day - now we don't remember how a pu$$y look like :o - maybe only 1 or 2 ST a month now.

More seriously, I get B30.000 less per month now, than same time last year. So the strong Baht and weak foreign currencies have a serious impact on daily life.

Well, we was used to 1 LT and 2 ST per day - now we don't remember how a pu$y look like :o - maybe only 1 or 2 ST a month now.

More seriously, I get B30.000 less per month now, than same time last year. So the strong Baht and weak foreign currencies have a serious impact on daily life.

Your not telling me anything new there, I live here in Pattaya and went from a best of 32.8 just before the shit hit the fan, to around 21 baht and that had me questioning if I could afford to continue living here, at the time.

After paying my rent and all of the other normal outgoings, I was left with 500 baht a day to live off, that doesn't leave much to do anything outside of the ordinary with.

:Chokdee:

Bam Bam

the rates for uk r shit now last yr i wos gitin 72 now its 63/62

Guys this is how bad it as got in 2 and a half years now its 46.60 for 1 british pound now thats s**t i think Thailand may have had its day what do you think time to look elsewhere :Flying:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/RatesAndFees/ForeignExchange/Pages/ForeignExchange.aspx

Edited by banksy

Its nice to be important but more important to be nice

right at about 30.75 (more or less) for USD I'm not giving up on LOS yet. I was getting 33 per USD about 6 months ago in some spots in Pattaya. I would say it time to give up but should it fall to 20 per dollar then maaaybe I will think about Manila or KL?????

"Picky girls, don't get picked... simple as that."“It's a funny feeling being taken under the wing of a dragon, it's warmer than you'd thinkâ€

Guys this is how bad it as got in 2 and a half years now its 46.60 for 1 british pound now thats s**t i think Thailand may have had its day what do you think time to look elsewhere :Flying:

http://www.kasikornb...gnExchange.aspx

Sure, where can I get the same sort of trip with a similar value to my cash as I got 2 years ago. Show me the place and I'm there.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I will not stop coming (or should that be cuming?) as sterling weakens but if it gets below 45 to £ it will make me think about alternatives.

Loving it on Soi 6

I will not stop coming (or should that be cuming?) as sterling weakens but if it gets below 45 to £ it will make me think about alternatives.

Yup, 45 is the figure that will get me seriously considering alternatives as well

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

• 2 weeks later...

i don't think Thai Baht have gained in foreign exchange, it's all our western currency are not able to hold on and they are slipping. just about 2 months ago, i exchanged USD @32.15 and today they said it's @29.45. man i am loosing 2700 Baht for every 1000USD. why are the currency sense-less they don't understand i am loosing two LT and one ST.

good bless Thailand

Akks

• 3 weeks later...

I was hoping todays savage cuts by the ConDem Gov here in UK would make the £ a bit stronger. 46:39 / £ today at BKB!!!

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 1 month later...

G'day,

Can anybody please advise what the Aussie $ is currently getting in Pattaya at the money exchange stations.

Thanks in advance

G'day,

Can anybody please advise what the Aussie $ is currently getting in Pattaya at the money exchange stations.

Thanks in advance

It will be around the 28.9 - 29.0 mark

Bam Bam

It will be around the 28.9 - 29.0 mark

Bam Bam

Not often I wish I was Aussie but the cricket and your exchange rates are pushing me that way!!

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Found this forecast today:

"Pound forecast sterling currency forecast for 2011

What is the pound forecast for sterling currency, the forecast for 2011? The UK economy has grown faster than expected and now with a split developing within the Bank of England as to whether quantitative easing should occur, it is likely that towards the start of 2011 we will see sterling further increasing in value. There is a Bank of England meeting to decide on whether UK interest rates should rise on January 13th 2011. If it was decided that UK interest rates increased, sterling would begin to soar. However, this looks extremely unlikely, and most economic forecasts for 2011 show that the Bank of England is likely to maintain its low interest rates for the rest of the year and into 2012.

Earlier in 2010 the euro suffered badly and the pound experienced a series or rises and falls versus the euro.This is now changing to the benefit of sterling, with good economic data coming out. Eyes will now be on UK house prices especially in the Spring when traditionally the house buying season begins. Any fall in house prices will impact sterling in a negative way. The euro continues to have problems with multiple countries experiencing huge debts and this is boosting sterling as the focus is on countries such as Ireland, Spain, Greece and Portugal.

With some tough but positive decisions on how to cut the UK debts being made, the coalition working and inflation remaining low, then we may see sterling beginning to climb again in 2011. Already at the close of 2010, sterling was at a near 2 month high versus the euro.

For now it is volatile, reaching highs in one week and lows just a matter of days later....Into 2011 the euro is likely to weaken as more bad debts from the Euro zone emerge that require financial help from the European Bank. The pound could rise upon the euro's weakness."

Edited by wimpy

Found this forecast today:

"Pound forecast sterling currency forecast for 2011

What is the pound forecast for sterling currency, the forecast for 2011? The UK economy has grown faster than expected and now with a split developing within the Bank of England as to whether quantitative easing should occur, it is likely that towards the start of 2011 we will see sterling further increasing in value. There is a Bank of England meeting to decide on whether UK interest rates should rise on January 13th 2011. If it was decided that UK interest rates increased, sterling would begin to soar. However, this looks extremely unlikely, and most economic forecasts for 2011 show that the Bank of England is likely to maintain its low interest rates for the rest of the year and into 2012.

Earlier in 2010 the euro suffered badly and the pound experienced a series or rises and falls versus the euro.This is now changing to the benefit of sterling, with good economic data coming out. Eyes will now be on UK house prices especially in the Spring when traditionally the house buying season begins. Any fall in house prices will impact sterling in a negative way. The euro continues to have problems with multiple countries experiencing huge debts and this is boosting sterling as the focus is on countries such as Ireland, Spain, Greece and Portugal.

With some tough but positive decisions on how to cut the UK debts being made, the coalition working and inflation remaining low, then we may see sterling beginning to climb again in 2011. Already at the close of 2010, sterling was at a near 2 month high versus the euro.

For now it is volatile, reaching highs in one week and lows just a matter of days later....Into 2011 the euro is likely to weaken as more bad debts from the Euro zone emerge that require financial help from the European Bank. The pound could rise upon the euro's weakness."

Thanks for sharing that Wimpy. That is good news if you like European holidays. With Thailands growth rate still at around 7% and the baht at 46 still I can't see it changing a lot. I predict if the Bank of England do push up % rates soon and house prices don't collapse further the baht will still be no higher than 50 this time next year, maybe 55. I hope I'm wrong and it's in the 60's but I cant see it.

Edited by Pepe Le Pew

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 1 month later...

I read this today, it's got some info on the US Dollar and GBP.

These precious metal miners were hit by a double whammy as the dollar, the currency in which their products are priced, fell to a two-month low. Currency traders speculated that the dollar’s slide was as much to do with a rise in the value of the Chinese renminbi as any other factor. The Chinese President was in Washington this week and it is rumoured that the country has allowed its currency to rise in value to deflect accusations that it is creating a competitive advantage through the manipulation of exchange rates.

The pound also appreciated against the dollar and reached a two-month high. Unexpectedly high inflation data raised the prospect of higher interest rates in the UK which makes sterling look relatively more attractive. The UK’s inflation problem looks no closer to being fixed. Investors were taken by surprise when the ONS reported a rise in prices of 3.7 per cent from last year December. November’s equivalent rise was 3.3 per cent. Analysts expected a rise, but not one of this magnitude and, knowing January’s prices have risen further after the New Year’s VAT hike, pressure is building on the Bank of England to raise interest rates.

The pressure on prices is from rising input costs (that is the materials needed to produce goods) rather than from increased demand from consumers. To a degree, the problem of inflation today is a result of weak sterling in the wake of the financial crisis. This increased the cost to the UK of anything priced in other currencies. Add this factor to the current rising price of basic commodities around the world caused by supply problems and increasing demand from fast-growing countries, and the Bank has a dilemma. The UK economy is still fragile and if the lending rate is raised too early, it could choke the recovery.

I read this today, it's got some info on the US Dollar and GBP.

These precious metal miners were hit by a double whammy as the dollar, the currency in which their products are priced, fell to a two-month low. Currency traders speculated that the dollar’s slide was as much to do with a rise in the value of the Chinese renminbi as any other factor. The Chinese President was in Washington this week and it is rumoured that the country has allowed its currency to rise in value to deflect accusations that it is creating a competitive advantage through the manipulation of exchange rates.

The pound also appreciated against the dollar and reached a two-month high. Unexpectedly high inflation data raised the prospect of higher interest rates in the UK which makes sterling look relatively more attractive. The UK’s inflation problem looks no closer to being fixed. Investors were taken by surprise when the ONS reported a rise in prices of 3.7 per cent from last year December. November’s equivalent rise was 3.3 per cent. Analysts expected a rise, but not one of this magnitude and, knowing January’s prices have risen further after the New Year’s VAT hike, pressure is building on the Bank of England to raise interest rates.

The pressure on prices is from rising input costs (that is the materials needed to produce goods) rather than from increased demand from consumers. To a degree, the problem of inflation today is a result of weak sterling in the wake of the financial crisis. This increased the cost to the UK of anything priced in other currencies. Add this factor to the current rising price of basic commodities around the world caused by supply problems and increasing demand from fast-growing countries, and the Bank has a dilemma. The UK economy is still fragile and if the lending rate is raised too early, it could choke the recovery.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

Looks like we are stuck between a rock and a hard place here in the UK. A rise in interest rates would mean more baht per pound but make those pounds harder to earn in the first place!!

RULES

1NQq.gif

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

Looks like we are stuck between a rock and a hard place here in the UK. A rise in interest rates would mean more baht per pound but make those pounds harder to earn in the first place!!

some intresting link for exchange rates differnt Thai banks all togheter (change the currency tab )link

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !!