Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rate

any current info or pictures are always appriciated of the exchange rates and the best place to go as of late with cash?

I post it almost every day of the week here:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/29277-thai-girls-on-motorbikes-its-saturday-december-17th-in-pattaya/page-337#entry3881567

TT Currency Exchange has multiple booths well placed along Beach Road, Second Road and Soi Bhuakow.

A growing number in Jomtien near the beach as well.

Snapped about 1 pm today on my way to the market:

IMG_115114.jpg

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Less than 90 days to go, love that USD rate!

I am loving the USD rate too! I have an amount I would like to see before my trip in 26 days.

Edited by LawOroG

I'm going to keep it 10 X 10 with you, I'd rather be in  Pattaya mofo.

TR's:

Gone till Nov.

Low Season Awaits....

TR3

the rate is killing the place 44.45 and the baht bus is going up to 20 baht in January

• 2 months later...

I wish there was a single Currency Value that could be used across the system for each date.

At the moment I am having to retype the GBP/USD for the 30 of June several times across different ledgers. Then went accounting for differences in exchange rate gains or losses, having to calculate manually . Please can there be some automation with exchange rates in the future.

I wish there was a single Currency Value that could be used across the system for each date.At the moment I am having to retype the GBP/USD for the 30 of June several times across different ledgers. Then went accounting for differences in exchange rate gains or losses, having to calculate manually . Please can there be some automation with exchange rates in the future.

How would that be possible given that foreign currencies trade 24 hours a day from 5pm EST on Sunday until 4pm EST Friday?

• 3 months later...

can anyone please update the current exchange rates?.

thank you

29 minutes ago, mickey_Patts said:

can anyone please update the current exchange rates?.

thank you

Nicked from Sa-teef Thai Girls on Motorbikes hope he doe's not mind.

DSC03672qwq_zpshou1e4s1.jpg

Exchange on corner of beach road and soi 12, yesterday they gave me 43.80 to the uk pound...TT were paying 43.25...That was best rate I found after driving around for half an hour looking!

The GBPTHB rate has been jumping around in the last 36 hours because of the UK election result.  I'd expect TT to be updating their rate frequently, but perhaps a small exchange kiosk is a bit slow, offering a rate several hours old, which is why the one just above may be out of line?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2017 at 7:26 AM, mpm said:

Exchange on corner of beach road and soi 12, yesterday they gave me 43.80 to the uk pound...TT were paying 43.25...That was best rate I found after driving around for half an hour looking!

The ones I found to be consistently the best were on 2nd road opposite Tipp Plaza, near the Pattaya Night market. The TT there has an extra sign saying 'Pattaya best rate' and was better than the other TT kiosks. There was another smaller one near it which was consistently good too. I think there was another TT on Soi Buakhao which had the best rate sign. I didn't check out how good it was.

I agree with what Sirl said. Last year the rate was falling while I was out here and it did a bit this time too. The best kiosks switched around during the day as some updated their rates more frequently than others. 

28 minutes ago, butterfly bob said:

The ones I found to be consistently the best were on 2nd road opposite Tipp Plaza, near the Pattaya Night market. The TT there has an extra sign saying 'Pattaya best rate' and was better than the other TT kiosks. There was another smaller one near it which was consistently good too. I think there was another TT on Soi Buakhao which had the best rate sign. I didn't check out how good it was.

bb,

If you (or anyone else reading this) have a spare moment near Central could you check out the rates at the Twelve Victory kiosk in Central please?  I think they may be very good, perhaps amongst the best in Pattaya.  http://twelvevictory.com/

12V.jpg.2e7a7ad922c741ed0319764d2b845292.jpg

If you could take a pic of 12V's rates board as well as a pic from the TT you like, in the same hour, and post the pics here that would be great.

IMO the key to getting good rates if you're walking around the streets is to have the apps from Superrich and Twelve Exchange on your mobile (assuming you have mobile data on a SIM).  Those two companies appear to offer the best retail rates in Thailand, so if you're standing outside a kiosk then you can check how their rates compare to the best by firing up those apps on your mobile out on the street.  Superrich unfortunately doesn't have a branch in Pattaya, but Twelve Victory does have two, which is why I think their rates may be amongst the best in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, seans said:

my experience was that Twelve Victory gave a terrible exchange rate.

It would be great if someone could provide some data on this!  I'm not in Thailand so I can't, but if anyone reading this in Pattaya is interested, please take a photo of the Twelve Victory exchange rate board and post it here, along with ideally a photo of the TT board in the same hour.

The most recent Sa-teef TT rate photo is

Sateef1.jpg.114dd809dfb3dd654b0a891b74ce73de.jpg

which is three days out of date so not much good for comparison.  However we can see that TT's spread on GBP is 85 satangs, on EUR it's 58 satangs  and on NOK it's 14 satangs.

Twelve Victory's rates appear to be shown live on their website http://twelvevictory.com/ , and on that their spreads are 25 satangs for GBP50 notes, 20 satangs for big EUR notes and on NOK 4 satangs, so the spreads on the website appear to be much better than TT's.  But are those rates really available on the ground in Central Festival?  Can someone take a pic of the Twelve Victory rate board and post it here please, ideally along with a pic of the TT board, both taken in the same hour?

Edited by SirL