IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rate

dollar is looking very positive

Currency Conversion Results

Symbol U.S. Dollar Exchange

Rate Thai Baht Bid Ask

USDTHB=X 1 Nov 21 35.150 35.150 35.150 35.195

Add to Portfolio Set Alert Download Data

Arriving from UK soon, I've established it's cheaper to exchange in Thailand, but is it best to do that at airport, ATM in Pattaya, or one of those little exchange places you find by the road.

Arriving from UK soon, I've established it's cheaper to exchange in Thailand, but is it best to do that at airport, ATM in Pattaya, or one of those little exchange places you find by the road.

Nationwide visa Debit/Flex card is at least 1 Baht higher than Cash.So it's a must for Brits to use as there is no charge(commision) for using it either(as long as you have a balance deposited).

Here's the link to rates used by Nationwide Visa Debit/Flex Card

http://corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_serv....jsp?src=ex_rez

'From the Purr of Pattaya to the Lure of Luzon!'

• 1 month later...

"Well " for us Brit`s;

The bht seem to be hovering around the £1 = 50-52bht before it decides which way its going to shift:

I expect a big shift in the next few days:

"Well " for us Brit`s;

The bht seem to be hovering around the £1 = 50-52bht before it decides which way its going to shift:

Why do you think this? Can you expand or are you just guessing?

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

With more bad news on our banks, (Mr brown talking about nationalizing our banks)

I can see we will have to pay more fore our bht;

Hope i am wrong:

Guys the rate in Pattaya today is 67.15 baht to the british pound.

i didnt know that .

thanks for that Rudiek. happy days

i get my kicks below the waistline sunshine

Guys the rate in Pattaya today is 67.15 baht to the british pound.

i didnt know that .

thanks for that Rudiek. happy days

Ha ha ha:

:D

"Well " for us Brit`s;

Well the shift has started;

I see £1 gets you 48 bht today;

Looks like its going to get worse:

I fly out in 4 weeks (Sat 21 Feb)

This may be my last trip for some time untill i see 65 to 70 bht to the pound:

Going to be trying Cambodia and Phiippines;

Pattaya is to espensive for Brits

Maybe the Russians can keep it going:

Edited by HappyGuy99

Well the shift has started;

I see £1 gets you 48 bht today;

Looks like its going to get worse:

I fly out in 4 weeks (Sat 21 Feb)

This may be my last trip for some time untill i see 65 to 70 bht to the pound:

Going to be trying Cambodia and Phiippines;

Pattaya is to espensive for Brits

Maybe the Russians can keep it going:

It may be some time before you return..I seriously expect it to take until 2011 for the British banks to sort themselves out and more importantly gain any credibility in the world money markets again. Until the UK ecomony can tolerate an increase in the interest rate, there is little chance of a sustained recovery.

I've been visiting Pattaya since 1992 I used to only visit once a year. For the last 4 years I've just about been able to afford 2 times a year.

Now with the pound(£) doing so badly against the baht I think I'll have to revert back to one trip a year. Which I'm not happy about.

Another thing that is not helping me is the british interest rates being so low. I've not got a lot of savings but I used to get a nice little bonus when interest was paid into my bank account. Now that the interest rates are so low my accounts are earning very little money

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any place in Pattaya that gives the best exchange rates? I had a local take me to some place where an Indian sales clerk gave me 34 baht to the dollar opposed to the airport and banks were giving 33.

Is there any place in Pattaya that gives the best exchange rates? I had a local take me to some place where an Indian sales clerk gave me 34 baht to the dollar opposed to the airport and banks were giving 33.

Well sorry to say you got fucked although not by much. A simple search would have show you any bank is buying for at least 34.50. If you go to right off soi diana you can sometimes get 34.70. you are lucky some local didnt give you a rate of zero. Is it really worth telling a stranger your business........

I remember the first time I came to LOS I got 42 baht/$1usd. Then it went all the way down to 26/1. Now its back up to 35, good for me bad for locals?

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar. -Mark Twain

Well I booked my first time LOS adventure 6 months ago and fly out 10th Feb. I was hoping for at least 50baht plus to the pound but guess I will just have to have one less drink/girl a day.

the long term forecasts state over 60 by mid year to the pound--- although no one forecast the credit crunch

• 4 weeks later...

It would be awesome if $ hit 38 by june.

I'm hoping for the baht to rise as well.. I will be coming to Thailand in June so the more the merrier..how much of a difference in my trip will i see if the baht to dollar rate actaully rises from 35 up to 38? im going to be in the country for a month ...does such a small rise of two or three baht per dollar really mean a big advantage to my trip????

• Like 1