Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange Rate

can anyone confirm what the rate is on the ground for the USD?

Considering recent news I should be expecting something like 1 dollar to .5 baht, but I am hoping for better. :Whistle:

When my girl took money out of my savings last night over there it came out to 31.40 baht per dollar. Sucks big time. You might get a little better but I don't think much. I take cash and exchange it $1000 at a time at the bank.....no charge to exchange cash so I get every cent back in baht.

• 1 month later...
Update

The euro has gone over the 50.

Time to do some exchange

That`s the right time to exchange your euro`s friend. All is well with you John?

Have a great time in Patts mate. :P

can anyone confirm what the rate is on the ground for the USD?

Considering recent news I should be expecting something like 1 dollar to .5 baht, but I am hoping for better. :Hair_Out1:

Just checked this afternoon, May 29, and it is slightly more than 32 baht for the dollar. It is been slowly climbing since I got here 9 days ago. When I arrived it was about 31.50 per dollar.

www.xe.com provides a free email service that will send you an email each day with the current exchange rates, if anyone is interested.

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

Today, June 3, I saw 32.35 per dollar for $50 and $100 denominations. Note that this fluctuates from one exchange booth to another.

Thanks am gland i have euros its the higthest ever 50baht to the euro love it sorry guys.

• 5 weeks later...

GB pound been getting stronger again. Is there a specific and short term reason for this or just a seasonal fluctuation?

ive looked at aweb site and see the pound is at 66bhat, can somebody let me know what it is in patts

1can

thanks barhopper

doh i did not think to put a thai bank in my google search, brain switched off :rolleyes:

today 66.89 bhat to the pound,i hope it keeps going up, more beer for my money :D

1can

thanks for that sponge....

it sure is nice for us Americans to see the baht conversion back around 33.

When I was there late last year through early this year....at some places

it was falling each month down to 31....although it had no bearing on what I was

doing...the dollar had been getting beat down all over the world.

aki

I'm using my credit card as its the only card I have working. With charges and all, I'm only getting 61/62 to the pound.

• 2 weeks later...

Its around 65/66 at the moment.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

1000 baht is only €18.65 euro now... first time i went in 2006 it was nearly 24 euro.. happy days big time! :Party1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been watching this site as the U.S. Dollar has been going up against the Thai Baht.Baht/Dollar Good for us Yanks going to Thailand. I'll be there end of next month hoping for 40 Baht to the Dollar by then.

Maybe a bit too optimistic. :Bravo1:

• 1 month later...

decrease exchange rates

many farang lost money when exchange *-*

very big problem for tourist

how we know when we have to exchange do not lose money ?

thank you for to guide

• 2 weeks later...

From the Bankok Post - 20th October 2008.

(BangkokPost.com) - Finance Minister Suchart Thadathamrongvej said he would like the baht currency to depreciate by five per cent to help stimulate the export sector and shoulder the economy in 2009.

The economic growth for next year should stay at four percent or lower while the export growth would be no more than 10 percent due to the global economic crisis, he said.

The minister said he will discuss the devaluation of Thai baht with Deputy Prime Minister Olarn Chaipravat, who is in charge of overseeing the national economy.

However, Bank of Thailand (BoT) governor Tarisa Watanagase said the central bank will carry on keeping the value of Thai baht to be in line with other regional currencies.

She said foreign investors were selling off their shares to support their mother companies in Europe and the United States, causing the Thai currency to weaken.

According to the BoT chief, keeping the value of baht to the same level as other currencies in Asia would not cause Thai exporters to be at a disadvantage. However, they should adjust themselves by expanding and improving their investments.

The baht on Monday was little changed at around 34.4 per US dollar.

Thought I'd just reproduce this here for the benefit of all!

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!