IGNORED

48R - SUCCESSFUL Tourist Visa application to Australia for Thai Girlfriend

On Borrowed Time

Update - Embassy says cause TG returned to thailand 7th of Feb after a 3 month stay i.e 2.5 months to be exact, they won't grant a 6 or 12month visa and may not even grant a 3month. WTF? Stand by for bad news

Who was it that stated that? Was it really the embassy (by contacting the girl) or the people who collect the applications. If it is the latter they have no say or influence on the application. Although I do think it is tough to get a 6 or 12 month visa under those circumstances.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embassy called her

Tough conditions you say - I'm trying to fathom -If on the first visa they won't give u a 6month or 12month, only a 3, then on the your second they won't give it to you either, and on the 3rd by your reports they won't issue another....then how do you get a 6-12month at all?

It don't make sense to me.

First visit you proved your not going to overstay

Second visit your doing the right thing with a multiple entry

I'm puzzled.

ummm

Embassy called her

Tough conditions you say - I'm trying to fathom -If on the first visa they won't give u a 6month or 12month, only a 3, then on the your second they won't give it to you either, and on the 3rd by your reports they won't issue another....then how do you get a 6-12month at all?

It don't make sense to me.

First visit you proved your not going to overstay

Second visit your doing the right thing with a multiple entry

I'm puzzled.

The way I see it is that tourist visas are not meant to allow someone to take up temporary residence in Australia. Given that you have stated that you are in a relationship with this girl they have reason to believe that this is what she/you are after. I believe this is why there are hesitant in issuing a longer term visa. That said I know a girl who got 3 back to back 3 month visas. Perhaps they are tightening up.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

New Visa Form,,,,,New idots behind the wheel driving this bus..It makes sense.

Maybe it comes down to telling them how to do their job, rather then assuming they know?

I find it strange for a government department, they can make decisions without clear guidelines that's made publically available on the decision making process. It's all subjective to me from what I can see.

It's not the first time I've encountered subjective decisions for a visa when they refused a cousin of mine for a simple holiday, and the reason was he didn't have a job...like 99% of backpackers  :SoWhat1:

ummm

Got to have some laws or everybody would stay here & we would end up like the uk,

We are already...just the ones we have are coming thru the back door !

Got to have some laws or everybody would stay here & we would end up like the uk,

Yeh, I know a guy that processes visa's in Spain. He finished school in year 8 and his mate got him the job..As he said, he makes it up as he goes.....he doesn't know what the law is, he just does what his mate tells him to keep the job

No big deal their just doing their job hey

ummm

Yeah it would be shit if Australia was full of hot Thai women hey mate!

Yeah it would be shit if Australia was full of hot Thai women hey mate!

While that would be a result I fear we would be over-run by unsavoury Poms <tongue firmly in cheek>... :GoldenSmile1:

The way I see it is that tourist visas are not meant to allow someone to take up temporary residence in Australia. Given that you have stated that you are in a relationship with this girl they have reason to believe that this is what she/you are after. I believe this is why there are hesitant in issuing a longer term visa. That said I know a girl who got 3 back to back 3 month visas. Perhaps they are tightening up.

Just to back this up here is something that I found in a new document produced by the embassy in Bangkok about the tourist visa:

What if I want repeat visits and long stays in Australia?

This visa is designed only to allow temporary travel to Australia for tourism purposes or to
visit family and friends. It cannot be used for long-term stays or residence. To be eligible for a
further Tourist visa in the future, you must maintain extended periods of time outside of
Australia.

SOURCE

Good find however why can't they specify what they call extended periods and be sepcific. 3 Months, 1 months, 5 frikking minutes?

Shit even my recipes have instructions

ummm

While that would be a result I fear we would be over-run by unsavoury Poms <tongue firmly in cheek>... :GoldenSmile1:

Haha do you know me???

• 3 weeks later...

Just received tourist visa grant confirmation back from Oz embassy for my TGF, a big thanks to Scumbag and everyone else for the information in this thread. Had some reservations as to how everything would pan out due to the application shake up/stream lining, used the new forms and went off without a hitch.

Current cost is 4460 baht, all told.

Cheers gents!

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Just received tourist visa grant confirmation back from Oz embassy for my TGF, a big thanks to Scumbag and everyone else for the information in this thread. Had some reservations as to how everything would pan out due to the application shake up/stream lining, used the new forms and went off without a hitch.

Current cost is 4460 baht, all told.

Cheers gents!

Congrats. If your doing the application in LOS do you need a copy in thai and english?

Congrats. If your doing the application in LOS do you need a copy in thai and english?

For a tourist visa u only have to submit it in english.

The old form 48R also had an application form written in Thai 48R TH  not sure if they have done this for the new forms.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

The new form 1419 is Thai/English but should be submitted in English

Posted Image

Im very shocked at the amounts people are being charged here.

I am using easy travel in soi 15 and she is a nice thai lady and charge 9000b for everything.. all my friends have ben using her with great results

9000 makes sense if you want to save time but you still have to dig up the documents yourself... I think I would do it myself so it is done right.  And these people don't have any ins or special privaleges with foreign embassies like they may pretend.

I want to apply for my TG tourst visa subclass 600 to come to australia for 2 months maybe around October.

I will be the sponsor, but I only make about $750 a week after tax, and have no assets, besides a motorbike and a car. At the moment I only have about $2000 AUD in the bank, but I could save more in the up coming months. Will this be sufficient amount to support her? ( I think it is, as I do not pay any rent, board, as I live at home with the olds)

Another question, is she has a university degree in chemical engineering, but for last 6 months has worked at a hotel, at the front desk reception. She tells me her boss would not allow her to have holidays, therefore she will have to resign. Can she still get the visa, without having evidence she has a job to go back to? Many jobs in Thailand don't allow the workers to have a holiday, especially not for 2 months.

I want to apply for my TG tourst visa subclass 600 to come to australia for 2 months maybe around October.

I will be the sponsor, but I only make about $750 a week after tax, and have no assets, besides a motorbike and a car. At the moment I only have about $2000 AUD in the bank, but I could save more in the up coming months. Will this be sufficient amount to support her? ( I think it is, as I do not pay any rent, board, as I live at home with the olds)

Another question, is she has a university degree in chemical engineering, but for last 6 months has worked at a hotel, at the front desk reception. She tells me her boss would not allow her to have holidays, therefore she will have to resign. Can she still get the visa, without having evidence she has a job to go back to? Many jobs in Thailand don't allow the workers to have a holiday, especially not for 2 months.

This is my OPINION and will probably be challenged but we do these daily, your income and monies in your bank are sufficient for a holiday make sure you show 3 months salary slips, last tax return, and letter from your employer stating your salary and length of employment. Also 3 months bank statements, as well as other standard documents needed

Her job is important and the Embassy do look for employment in most cases, "just maybe" she wants to ask for a letter for a shorter holiday :GoldenSmile1:

Better to have too much than too little,

This again is just my opinion and what I would request,

Posted Image

Good to see this thread has life.

My girl is back for her second trip on a 6 month Visa this time, following a slightly relaxed formst than in my original post.

Thanks to Scumbag and Key Visa Thailand for providing valuable updates and Insights.

In roughly mid September we will be lodging the Prospective Marriage visa. I will aim to doall the paperwork myself once more (unless of course Key Visa Thailand offers me a price i think is worth it :) )

Good luck to everyone else who dares tread the path i have chosen

This is my OPINION and will probably be challenged but we do these daily, your income and monies in your bank are sufficient for a holiday make sure you show 3 months salary slips, last tax return, and letter from your employer stating your salary and length of employment. Also 3 months bank statements, as well as other standard documents needed

Her job is important and the Embassy do look for employment in most cases, "just maybe" she wants to ask for a letter for a shorter holiday :GoldenSmile1:

Another problem,, is that I resigned from my job, to spend 3 months in Thailand. So if I print off my previous months income, there will be a huge gap, where I wasn't receiving any money.

My TGF can easily get another job when she returns. She quit her last job at a liposuction clinic and found another job within 2 weeks. In Thailand you cannot just ask your employer for time off work, and expect him to fill a form out for you stating you have a job when you return. They don't even get paid for holidays or sick days. To me, this shouldn't be a problem, as she can find work easy enough when she returns. Also her mother can take care of her also.

Another problem,, is that I resigned from my job, to spend 3 months in Thailand. So if I print off my previous months income, there will be a huge gap, where I wasn't receiving any money.

My TGF can easily get another job when she returns. She quit her last job at a liposuction clinic and found another job within 2 weeks. In Thailand you cannot just ask your employer for time off work, and expect him to fill a form out for you stating you have a job when you return. They don't even get paid for holidays or sick days. To me, this shouldn't be a problem, as she can find work easy enough when she returns. Also her mother can take care of her also.

Mate you have to remember what they are looking for, then provide that evidence.

What evidence are you and her going to give that before her visa finishes she will go home. the more you and her can provide the better. does she have a reason to go home. Are you going to make sure this happens to the best of your ability.

What evidence are you and her going to provide that she is has access to have enough money to holiday in Australia for the length of her stay. If you cant provide enough will either sets of parents help her if needed.

They also what to know why you would provide for her. people just don't give accommodation and money to strangers.

They are not trying to stop her from coming they are looking at both of you for evidence that what both of you say is true.

Good luck with applying for her visa

Devolved,

IMO (mine only) the Oz government want to see the TGF has a reason to return (doesn't have to be a job), has sufficient funds or a sponsor to provide the funds for support whilst here and that she will not be a burden on our system.

Purchase a visitor cover health insurance policy from Medicare @ approx. $111 a month, get your olds to provide a invitation letter stating they will provide accommodation and meals, you provide one as well stating your relationship and intentions.

These are just a couple of points I focused on, in no way is it a tried and true measure.

Best of luck.

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

How old is she? If she is 30 or younger you might like to investigate a working holiday visa given that she has a university degree. The sticking point might be the amount of funds required but your commitment to provide for her may help. You can find information here.

If u think the holiday visas are difficult, then wait till u fall for her and u r applying for the fiancé visa...it's 4 times as much work...but IMHO a 1000 times better than marrying lady Falang.

Archived