IGNORED

48R - SUCCESSFUL Tourist Visa application to Australia for Thai Girlfriend

On Borrowed Time

Hi guys,

Just want to tell my experience in SUCCESSFULLY applying for visa for thai girlfriend to enter Australia

Firstly, in February, i approached a Thai Visa company who use Facebook quite a bit "Thai Visa Express Visa Immigration Consultants" and was quoted an all-in price of 30000 Baht (5000 upfront, then 25000 IF Successful). I paid the deposit and communication started. Then one email sent something a sample letter will be sent shortly... 4 weeks later it never arrived่. I sledged them on the facebook page, which prompted a response, however my confidence in their attention to detail was shot. So i gave up.

Nothing else was done on the matter until the it became apparent that chances to take Annual leave before christmas was very slim... So i lept into action. Printed the visa form (http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/48r.pdf), gathered all my evidence (at bottom of post), found s return airfare for 25000 Baht and flew to Thailand on Thursday Afternoon. A night on the town solo, including an onstage performance at Angelwitch in Nana), i met up with my girl on friday morning and headed to the visa processing centre (http://www.vfs-au.net/contactus.html)

LOCATION: Head to the "Surasak" BTS station and walk down the exit stairs (down through a posh hotel). Go out the front doors and walk down the driveway to the road. Turn right and walk about 100 metres looking for a yellow colonial style building, at the rear is the 34 floor Thai CC tower (chamber if commerce). Head up to the top floor and follow instructions.

Application processing fee is 3600 Baht (include Visa cost) and 800 Baht courier fee if you want passport sent back to girl, or she can pick it up for free. 7-10 Days and everything should be complete, with YES ir NO decision.

Wednesday the following week (today, the 4th business day since lodgement) the consulate called my girl in the morning and asked where we met and to reconfirm the reason for the Application. I had been honest about our relationship and stated that before we started the 'serious steps' we wanted to make sure we worked well in a relationship environment, complete with stresses of everyday life in Sydney. It was a risk to do this, but with the evidence i was supplying it was clear that there was an actual relationship. I was officially sponsoring her vacation in Sydney. Anyway, they called back later to say that they wouldn't issue a 6month visa straight off the bat, but they would issue a 3 month visa, and when she returns to thailand she could reapply for a longer visa which would be a much easier process.

So success!!! A visa will be issued and my girl will visit Sydney for 3 months. She will surely die over winter!! 5555

Here's the supporting evidence we put with the application. Following the process should increase tour chances of a successful result. I worked on the theory that the more the better, so some of it may be over kill

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE PROVIDED

1) introductory letter stating my intent to provide her accommodation and living expenses for the duration, outlining the nature of your relationship, how long you've known each other, reaffirming your intent to ensure all conditions of the visa, and listing the supporting evidence you're attaching

2) copy of all my mobile bills with invoice periods and phone number, amount of sms / phone calls clearly highlighted and placed from oldest to newest

3)copy of my last 6 payslips, and letter confirming my employment start date and salary from my employer

4) copy of flight reservations for earlier trip to Phuket together

5) copy of flight reservation to Ubon Ratchathani together

6) 1 Photo taken at Angkor Wat to show us together

7) Commonwealth Statutory Declaration bulletpointing the facts and your intentions, and signedby a JP.

8) A copy of her residential lease (in Thai)

9) evidence of sustained financial support. Combination of Western union deposits as well as direct bank transfers. I cheated here as i have a K-Bank account, i used all my transfers to that account as evidence of support to her. On westpac you can 'name the payment', keep it simple and name it "girlfriend support" (even if it's not it may come in handy later on if you need it

10) copies of all pages of my passport with entry dates to Thailand numbered and clearly indicated

11) certified copies of her ID card and Passport

THINGS I DID NOT SUPPLY

1) copy of my bank statement

2) no employment evidence from her (she not working at moment), no proof of land ownership either

3) i did not mention Pattaya at all. I avoided it by not stating where we met

Total cost was a 25000 baht airfare, 4400 visa / courier fees, and some living expenses for a few days. Not much more expensive then that 30000 agency quote with the added plus of spending another few days with each other and being confident that the process is in your own hands and not someone that you don't. Forget Agencies! Do it yourself!!

Best of luck

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Bell Ringer. Lot of BS written on forums about getting a tourist visa for a Thai girl - sometimes I think maybe it is inflamed by false posts by some of the visa agencies (designed to drive people away from the do-it-yourself approach). I had a similar experience to you (except I was already in Thailand on a long holiday at the time) and although getting everything together is time consuming, it isn't rocket science and no reason why the average guy can't do it themselves.

• 6 months later...

Im very shocked at the amounts people are being charged here.

I am using easy travel in Soi 15 and she is a nice thai lady and charge 9000b for everything.. all my friends have ben using her with great results

9,000 baht sounds great, including 4,600 baht Embassy fee plus transportation submitting 1,000 baht and picking up 1,000 baht plus time

2,400 baht profit sounds very reasonsable and I will contact them myself as this does not sound correct, Thais follow Falang prices they do not work for nothing, think you mean 90,000

Posted Image

Hi guys,

Just want to tell my experience in SUCCESSFULLY applying for visa for thai girlfriend to enter Australia

Firstly, in February, i approached a Thai Visa company who use Facebook quite a bit "Thai Visa Express Visa Immigration Consultants" and was quoted an all-in price of 30000 Baht (5000 upfront, then 25000 IF Successful). I paid the deposit and communication started. Then one email sent something a sample letter will be sent shortly... 4 weeks later it never arrived่. I sledged them on the facebook page, which prompted a response, however my confidence in their attention to detail was shot. So i gave up.

Nothing else was done on the matter until the it became apparent that chances to take Annual leave before christmas was very slim... So i lept into action. Printed the visa form (http://www.immi.gov....rms/pdf/48r.pdf), gathered all my evidence (at bottom of post), found s return airfare for 25000 Baht and flew to Thailand on Thursday Afternoon. A night on the town solo, including an onstage performance at Angelwitch in Nana), i met up with my girl on friday morning and headed to the visa processing centre (http://www.vfs-au.net/contactus.html)

LOCATION: Head to the "Surasak" BTS station and walk down the exit stairs (down through a posh hotel). Go out the front doors and walk down the driveway to the road. Turn right and walk about 100 metres looking for a yellow colonial style building, at the rear is the 34 floor Thai CC tower (chamber if commerce). Head up to the top floor and follow instructions.

Application processing fee is 3600 Baht (include Visa cost) and 800 Baht courier fee if you want passport sent back to girl, or she can pick it up for free. 7-10 Days and everything should be complete, with YES ir NO decision.

Wednesday the following week (today, the 4th business day since lodgement) the consulate called my girl in the morning and asked where we met and to reconfirm the reason for the Application. I had been honest about our relationship and stated that before we started the 'serious steps' we wanted to make sure we worked well in a relationship environment, complete with stresses of everyday life in Sydney. It was a risk to do this, but with the evidence i was supplying it was clear that there was an actual relationship. I was officially sponsoring her vacation in Sydney. Anyway, they called back later to say that they wouldn't issue a 6month visa straight off the bat, but they would issue a 3 month visa, and when she returns to thailand she could reapply for a longer visa which would be a much easier process.

So success!!! A visa will be issued and my girl will visit Sydney for 3 months. She will surely die over winter!! 5555

Here's the supporting evidence we put with the application. Following the process should increase tour chances of a successful result. I worked on the theory that the more the better, so some of it may be over kill

SUPPORTING EVIDENCE PROVIDED

1) introductory letter stating my intent to provide her accommodation and living expenses for the duration, outlining the nature of your relationship, how long you've known each other, reaffirming your intent to ensure all conditions of the visa, and listing the supporting evidence you're attaching

2) copy of all my mobile bills with invoice periods and phone number, amount of sms / phone calls clearly highlighted and placed from oldest to newest

3)copy of my last 6 payslips, and letter confirming my employment start date and salary from my employer

4) copy of flight reservations for earlier trip to Phuket together

5) copy of flight reservation to Ubon Ratchathani together

6) 1 Photo taken at Angkor Wat to show us together

7) Commonwealth Statutory Declaration bulletpointing the facts and your intentions, and signedby a JP.

8) A copy of her residential lease (in Thai)

9) evidence of sustained financial support. Combination of Western union deposits as well as direct bank transfers. I cheated here as i have a K-Bank account, i used all my transfers to that account as evidence of support to her. On westpac you can 'name the payment', keep it simple and name it "girlfriend support" (even if it's not it may come in handy later on if you need it

10) copies of all pages of my passport with entry dates to Thailand numbered and clearly indicated

11) certified copies of her ID card and Passport

THINGS I DID NOT SUPPLY

1) copy of my bank statement

2) no employment evidence from her (she not working at moment), no proof of land ownership either

3) i did not mention Pattaya at all. I avoided it by not stating where we met

Total cost was a 25000 baht airfare, 4400 visa / courier fees, and some living expenses for a few days. Not much more expensive then that 30000 agency quote with the added plus of spending another few days with each other and being confident that the process is in your own hands and not someone that you don't. Forget Agencies! Do it yourself!!

Best of luck

Well done for putting in the work and doing it yourself. It's a great feeling isn't it?

Well done for putting in the work and doing it yourself. It's a great feeling isn't it?

:GoldenSmile1:

Posted Image

:GoldenSmile1:

Forgive me for being rude but I don't understand what your problem is?

Are you making these thoughtless comments because you are touting your business or because you don't like the fact that it is actually possible (and not that difficult in some circumstances) to get a visa without the use of an agent?

I think you really need to understand that just because you are an advertiser here it does not give you some sort of veto on information shared on this forum if people want to obtain visa's without using the services of a visa agent. Please respect that while some people are happy to pay an agent for there application others are happy to do the work themselves and as a forum for sharing information we very much support that.

Great to hear you were successful . Surprised to read you only submitted one supporting photo though ?

Hi Bellringer,

since the Op dates from may your girl must be with you already, hope you 2 enjoy yourselves together, let us know how it goes and when the marriage takes place :)

cheers,

Andy

Congrats m8..well done. :Cheers9:

When i brought my ex-gf over a few years back it only cost me the tourist visa fee (around that time it was 4k) & heaps of help from BM "Scumbag" who directed me in gathering the correct documentation.

IMO you don't need any agencies....you can do it yourself :GoldenSmile1:

..................................some sort of veto on information shared on this forum .........................

Errrrrrrrrrrr.......................I was about to say........gag.jpg :LOL2:

Edit - BTW - congratulations to Bell Ringer on his success.....and for not being a sheep. :Think1:

Forgive me for being rude but I don't understand what your problem is?

Are you making these thoughtless comments because you are touting your business or because you don't like the fact that it is actually possible (and not that difficult in some circumstances) to get a visa without the use of an agent?

I think you really need to understand that just because you are an advertiser here it does not give you some sort of veto on information shared on this forum if people want to obtain visa's without using the services of a visa agent. Please respect that while some people are happy to pay an agent for there application others are happy to do the work themselves and as a forum for sharing information we very much support that.

7 E, , I only placed a smiley face there, sorry if it disturbed you,

Yes I am an advertiser but nowhere on this thread have I commented in words or pushed my service but whilst we are discussing it, I agree totally it can be done by yourself and get a result, you can also do it yourself and get refused.

People in business of my nature 7 are not all the same mate, most people that come to us have an idea how to do it but do not have the time or do not wish to take a chance on getting refused.

Clients are normally in Aus or UK and wish for there partner to be helped through the process as they feel the back up of an agent can help there partner to get the presentation and documentation correct, alot of guys run a business or work full time and do not have the time and would rather pay and be helped, I respect the fact your are a Mod but we should not all be tarnished with the same brush.

Please take in to consideration people come to us for help, we do not go to them, if they choose to use an agent that is up to them, agreed there are creeps out there but I have never taken money under false pretences in my whole career.

When talking about sharing info that is nearly all I do on this forum, I also spend nearly every Sunday at the Pattaya Expats club giving free visa info as a volunteer, I also give free visa info on 96fm radio every other Tuesday, I also update my website on a daily basis giving info.

When you have been in this business for 13 years and got a good reputation with Pattaya residents then work comes to you, I do not need look for business.

I am pleased that Bell ringer got his visa and hope many people learn from this forum, as i have always said I cannot do everybody's visa and do not wish to,

Again sorry if it seemed offensive it was not meant to be, it was light hearted I thought this forum was all about being relaxed and enjoying the banter,

Posted Image

Has anybody had experience getting a visa to Australia for their gf after living here? My situation is that I've been living in Thailand for the last few years so I don't have the documents in regards to employment in Australia to submit. I wonder if anybody else has a similar experience. I'd like to apply for the visa myself but if it runs a high risk of being rejected I think I'll go with an agent.

7 E, , I only placed a smiley face there, sorry if it disturbed you,

You're calling it banter now but the fact is you took my post as a dig at you and/or your business, which it wasn't. Having secured my wife's tourist and settlement visa off my own back my post was made to congratulate Bell Ringer, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes I am an advertiser but nowhere on this thread have I commented in words or pushed my service but whilst we are discussing it, I agree totally it can be done by yourself and get a result, you can also do it yourself and get refused.

On balance, people can also use a visa agent and get refused.

People in business of my nature 7 are not all the same mate, most people that come to us have an idea how to do it but do not have the time or do not wish to take a chance on getting refused.

Clients are normally in Aus or UK and wish for there partner to be helped through the process as they feel the back up of an agent can help there partner to get the presentation and documentation correct, alot of guys run a business or work full time and do not have the time and would rather pay and be helped, I respect the fact your are a Mod but we should not all be tarnished with the same brush.

Please take in to consideration people come to us for help, we do not go to them, if they choose to use an agent that is up to them, agreed there are creeps out there but I have never taken money under false pretences in my whole career.

Where have I made any reference to your business being in any way underhand or not professional? Point it out please.

When talking about sharing info that is nearly all I do on this forum, I also spend nearly every Sunday at the Pattaya Expats club giving free visa info as a volunteer, I also give free visa info on 96fm radio every other Tuesday, I also update my website on a daily basis giving info.

So you keep telling us.....

When you have been in this business for 13 years and got a good reputation with Pattaya residents then work comes to you, I do not need look for business.

In my own personal opinion (and my opinion as a member as opposed to a moderator) is that you are trying very hard to pedal your business here... at least that's how it comes across to me.

I am pleased that Bell ringer got his visa and hope many people learn from this forum, as i have always said I cannot do everybody's visa and do not wish to,

Again sorry if it seemed offensive it was not meant to be, it was light hearted I thought this forum was all about being relaxed and enjoying the banter,

It wasn't offensive, but thanks for the apology :D

Has anybody had experience getting a visa to Australia for their gf after living here? My situation is that I've been living in Thailand for the last few years so I don't have the documents in regards to employment in Australia to submit. I wonder if anybody else has a similar experience. I'd like to apply for the visa myself but if it runs a high risk of being rejected I think I'll go with an agent.

Proof of relationship is a big part of any application for entry clearance. If you have lived with your GF for a period of time this would probably go in your favour over someone who has only made trips to see her whilst on holiday.

Providing you can prove you have sufficient funds to support your GF whilst in Australia there would be no requirement for you to be employed there (assuming this would be a tourist application and not settlement)

I am not "pedalling" my business just trying to make a living, glad you got your own visas.

Posted Image

Proof of relationship is a big part of any application for entry clearance. If you have lived with your GF for a period of time this would probably go in your favour over someone who has only made trips to see her whilst on holiday.

Providing you can prove you have sufficient funds to support your GF whilst in Australia there would be no requirement for you to be employed there (assuming this would be a tourist application and not settlement)

Cheers for the info. Thinking of poping up and having a chat with the visa department in bkk.

Cheers for the info. Thinking of poping up and having a chat with the visa department in bkk.

Crazyman they will tell you about 40% of what you need to know, if you have time after New Year come to the office we can sit down and I will write down for you the things you will need to show, When you live in Thailand together most peoples circumstances are quite different so there is not a standard list of things needed, but I am happy to help you if you wish,

When you live here presentation is paramount with the Aus Embassy, just a suggestion I am willing to help

Posted Image

If you have specific questions it is much easier to email them: [email protected]

When you lodge an application you do not go to the embassy but the offices of a service provider.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you have specific questions it is much easier to email them: [email protected]

When you lodge an application you do not go to the embassy but the offices of a service provider.

email is a great way to chat, but you can speak to immigration at Thai CC building they go there to help people with there visa's. not all the time but a couple of times a week.

I spoke to the about getting a tourist visa while i was getting a partner visa at the same time. with there help every thing worked out great.

VFS are the agents used to collect your visa information and forward it to the embassy for approval

don't forget scumbags signature has a lot of helpful info if you do it by yourself

email is a great way to chat, but you can speak to immigration at Thai CC building they go there to help people with there visa's. not all the time but a couple of times a week.

I spoke to the about getting a tourist visa while i was getting a partner visa at the same time. with there help every thing worked out great.

VFS are the agents used to collect your visa information and forward it to the embassy for approval

don't forget scumbags signature has a lot of helpful info if you do it by yourself

Thanks so much for the info guys. It'll go to good use next week.

Cheers

Thank you kindly for the information! will definately take notes from this. You both must be so happy, congratulations!

pattttttaya.gif

Crazyman they will tell you about 40% of what you need to know, if you have time after New Year come to the office we can sit down and I will write down for you the things you will need to show, When you live in Thailand together most peoples circumstances are quite different so there is not a standard list of things needed, but I am happy to help you if you wish,

When you live here presentation is paramount with the Aus Embassy, just a suggestion I am willing to help

Thanks Darren

I will pop in this week. Really appreciate that!!

Hi Bellringer,

since the Op dates from may your girl must be with you already, hope you 2 enjoy yourselves together, let us know how it goes and when the marriage takes place :)

cheers,

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your message!

My girl did indeed come out in the middle of our winter for 6 weeks and whilst she struggled with the cold at night, it generally went well.

We are repeating the Visa application process (no offence Key visa, but i'll be going through the process myself once more). She will come out for up to 6 months from mid february and probably return to Thailand in June/July and, soon after, lodge a Prospective Marriage Visa. If granted she will come back out here until christmas during which we'll get legally married, and at a later stage will return to Issan for a traditional village wedding

Archived