Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

48R - SUCCESSFUL Tourist Visa application to Australia for Thai Girlfriend

On Borrowed Time

I am pretty sure that they will do the TB x-ray with any visa over 3month's from high risk countries

Yes, but I think they only give 3 month, 6 month or 12 month tourist visas.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pretty sure that they will do the TB x-ray with any visa over 3month's from high risk countries

Agreed Ricky they dont ask for a medical when it is a 3 month visa, but 6 months or 12 months tourist visa they can if they wish request a medical, but i have also seen married couples given 12 months without a medical needed.

It all comes down to the discretion of the clearing officer,

Posted Image

9,000 baht sounds great, including 4,600 baht Embassy fee plus transportation submitting 1,000 baht and picking up 1,000 baht plus time

2,400 baht profit sounds very reasonsable and I will contact them myself as this does not sound correct, Thais follow Falang prices they do not work for nothing, think you mean 90,000

actually no 9000 is about right .

even using a agent at the bottom of cc tower is only 10000 and that is not a mistake and was done 10 months ago 

it seems like everyone in thailand suffers from greed especially in pattaya and why the need to exploit the people who do not know all the rules 

90000  !!!! was that a mistake ???

actually no 9000 is about right .

even using a agent at the bottom of cc tower is only 10000 and that is not a mistake and was done 10 months ago 

it seems like everyone in thailand suffers from greed especially in pattaya and why the need to exploit the people who do not know all the rules 

90000  !!!! was that a mistake ???

Dave, got it now 2 months ago the details were not all given, this visa company is in the same building as the Aussie VFS,

To be fair Dave we dont charge until the visa is given and all my clients are made aware of the Embassy fee when they come to the office so maybe exploit my friend in not the correct word "we are not all the same and as I always say clients come to us we do not go to them so it is there choice not ours"

Also people might want to take on board that alot of clients are business owners and intelligent people they just dont have the time, or the confidence or cant be bothered with the hassle and wish someone to help there Thai partner"

I sometimes feel that people think clients who use agents are feable and weak people who are scared of doing themselves "wrong"

Posted Image

Gents,

On the 48r form, what relationship status box have you been ticking for your TG? Also do all copied documents need to be certified i.e. copy of ID cards and house registration copy? If so who can they be certified by?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Gents,

On the 48r form, what relationship status box have you been ticking for your TG? Also do all copied documents need to be certified i.e. copy of ID cards and house registration copy? If so who can they be certified by?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Cheers

Just pick the one that is correct. I wouldn't select de facto unless you are living in Thailand with her. The documents do not need to be certified. Take the originals when the application is lodged to be on the safe side. For a tourist visa transliterations are not required either.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I didn't tick defacto, just GF

I did certify the copies with notarity public " equivilent as a JP" Any good lawyer in town can do it

Interesting scumbag you didn't. I didn't translate the house registration, just certified copied it.

ummm

I didn't tick defacto, just GF

I did certify the copies with notarity public " equivilent as a JP" Any good lawyer in town can do it

Interesting scumbag you didn't. I didn't translate the house registration, just certified copied it.

There is no option for GF on the form. Here are the options:

-Married

-Engaged

-De facto

-Separated

-Divorced

-Widowed

-Never married of been in a de facto relationship

You do not need to certify anything for a tourist visa. The only thing that you will need to have witnessed is if you include a Statutory Declaration.

Hey scumbbag perhaps you may know,

If say visa is requested for 12 months, how do you request multiple entry on that. I found a box that says "do u intend to enter australia more then once"

ummm

Hey scumbbag perhaps you may know,

If say visa is requested for 12 months, how do you request multiple entry on that. I found a box that says "do u intend to enter australia more then once"

Yes, that is the one to tick. From my experience the chances of them issuing a multiple entry visa on a first application are slim. In the past they have automatically issued multiple entry visas on subsequent applications (even without that box being ticked).

sweet cheers, I remember reading somewhere that they might give u a 12month with conditions u have to leave every 3. Have u heard of this? Obviously not on the first visa

ummm

sweet cheers, I remember reading somewhere that they might give u a 12month with conditions u have to leave every 3. Have u heard of this? Obviously not on the first visa

It's a possibility but don't expect her to be able to stay 3 months before leaving and then returning straight away for the whole 12 months (ie 4 back-to-back stays). If she does this she is using the visa to reside in Australia in breach of the visa conditions.

Congratulations and well done to all the "posters" that have successfully applied for TGF visas on their own without the assistance of a visa agent. In their defence, they provide a service that suits my situation which may be different to others.

I'm a great believer in risk minimisation, and in all things business pay for professional advise and service to ensure there is no mistakes. After conducting my own interviews with several visa agents I settled on Darren at Key Visa to handle my girls visa application.

It was a "relationship" only a few months old but he was successful in obtaining her initial three month visa to Oz. Upon our return to Pattaya 10 weeks later I had him apply for another three months, again success. The intent of this visa was her to spend five weeks in Oz over the Xmas festivities.

When we returned in January I asked Darren to apply for a 12 month multi entry. Without going into too much detail, the Thai immigration staffer in Bangkok phoned my girl to query why so many visas in such a short space of time and why a 12 month multi entry was needed.

The upshot from this discussion was that, in her opinion, 12 months was out of the question and they MAY consider a three month visa.

I called Darren and he confirmed it was unlikely we would get 12 months, CRAP!

When we went to pick up the visa my girl had, in fact, been granted 12 months but only after Darren had phoned immigration and discussed our situation with the Australian officer who has the final say. This would not have been an option for me personally.

Incidentally my TGF owns her own residential property, car, motorbike and 15 rai of rice paddies, plus she has a seven year old son to return to. Not exactly a high risk of doing a runner and becoming a visa overstay!

Before I get howls of derision about my advertising Darren's business. That is not my intent. This could apply to any reputable, professional visa agent.

Apart from all the above, I'm a lazy SOB and 30,000.00 to me is money well spent if it means I don't have to mull over paperwork, get documents translated into Thai, go to Bangkok, lodge the documents and then pick them up.

I would much rather plonk all the documents on someones desk and let them do all the legwork while I'm sunning and relaxing around the pool at my condo.

Just as their are people who want to save a few bucks where ever possible there are others like me who place more value on their leisure time and headache prevention.

Isn't it good we have the option of choice!

scumbag I see what you mean. Has anyone had experience of a lodgement at the post office in patts rather then in bangkok at the VFS office? Did it go smooth?

ummm

It was a "relationship" only a few months old but he was successful in obtaining her initial three month visa to Oz. Upon our return to Pattaya 10 weeks later I had him apply for another three months, again success. The intent of this visa was her to spend five weeks in Oz over the Xmas festivities.

When we returned in January I asked Darren to apply for a 12 month multi entry. Without going into too much detail, the Thai immigration staffer in Bangkok phoned my girl to query why so many visas in such a short space of time and why a 12 month multi entry was needed.

I think that is where elements of what I posted about earlier (ie using the visa to reside in Australia) start to creep in. Three visa in quick succession seems to be the limit for Australia. I have heard from a few people that on the third application the girl is contacted by immigration. One girl was told that it would be the last one for a while and if she wanted to continue the relationship in Australia she would need to apply for an appropriate visa.

I actually remember this client who is a very successful business man and lives in Thailand with his partner, business commitments need him to travel back to Oz quite regularly which is why we tried for 12 months as we were both getting bored of having to keep applying,

Because he was here in Thailand and had long stay visas and his partner had collateral it was a good reason for a 12 month application,

They do not always give 12 months it is at the discretion of the officer and the circumstances i.e. are you married, do you have kids together, do you live in Thailand, does the Thai applicant have collateral, this is why the presentation can be very important,

I agree with Scumbag a 12 month visa is difficult to obtain on the first application, and he knows his stuff,

Posted Image

Ya gotta love the thai's for multiple answers to one question. 

Gunna try my hand at submitting this at the post office. I'll let u all know how it goes.

ummm

Guys. OP explained complete process and directions very clearly. My friend has got visa for his GF 3 times and each time it was for 1 year multiple entry. In fact now he also got has a partner visa. He never used any agent.

As you would see, most of Visa agents are nothing but document passing agencies. These agencies wil ask you for the paper work and then just arrange it in a folder and send it with them form.

All it takes is to prepare paper work (clearly explained in the forms and you can also look up thaivisa.com) and arrange it in an order and just follow what OP suggested. It will save you all the money and hassle. There is nothing like personal experience. 

All the best to all of you who give it a try. If required I am more than happy to help any brother for free.

Hi Ringadingding, don't know why you mentioned the other forum when Scumbag has alot more experience on Aus than many and gives great free info himself on this forum,

I agree having a go at the application yourself does save money as is definitely do able but there is also a market out there for clients who don't wish to attempt themselves or do not have the time or they wish there Thai partner to be helped whilst they are busy in Aus or UK,

I have a great steady flow of clients and have had so for many years who prefer to use an agent to in some cases improve there chances as a correct decision can be relationship and life changing for many.

We don't take money from a client until the visa is awarded so I can happily say we have reunited many couples at no financial risk, telling members how easy it is does not help them get a visa mate,

Posted Image

Key visa. This forum is an avenue to share information and help out other members. I mentioned other forum as there is more information available there.

I am not denying Scumbag's  knowledge on this topic. Only putting out more information portals that members can use if they want to submit their applications themselves.

I understand that your business is to help out people to submit applications. I am a bit wary of the fact that some agents try to provide confidence that guarantees visa. The fact is that granting visa is upto embassy and has nothing to do with agents. Only thing agents help with is to provide guidance on paperwork required and collating it together for submission. At the end of day, all paperwork needs to be provided by the applicant and list is provided in the forms as well as other forums. So most applicant should be able to collate it together and save themselves a lot of hassle and money.

I appreciate you agreeing that submitting application by yourself is a better option to save money and to get results. 

Another good website that explains complete process is http://www.ozvisathai.com/.

This website not only gives you detail about the process, but also gives you examples of Statutory Declarations, letter of support and other documents that need to be submitted. The website goes in detail about what to expect when your girl arrives in Australia and gives examples of immigration, quarantine and other forms.

I hope this information helps fellow members.

Another good website that explains complete process is http://www.ozvisathai.com/.

This website not only gives you detail about the process, but also gives you examples of Statutory Declarations, letter of support and other documents that need to be submitted. The website goes in detail about what to expect when your girl arrives in Australia and gives examples of immigration, quarantine and other forms.

That's my website.... :GoldenSmile1:

That's my website.... :GoldenSmile1:

Mate. Your website is great and excellent source of information. Thanks for your website. It has helped us a lot to prepare my friend's GF's application.

Key visa. This forum is an avenue to share information and help out other members. I mentioned other forum as there is more information available there.

I am not denying Scumbag's  knowledge on this topic. Only putting out more information portals that members can use if they want to submit their applications themselves.

I understand that your business is to help out people to submit applications. I am a bit wary of the fact that some agents try to provide confidence that guarantees visa. The fact is that granting visa is upto embassy and has nothing to do with agents. Only thing agents help with is to provide guidance on paperwork required and collating it together for submission. At the end of day, all paperwork needs to be provided by the applicant and list is provided in the forms as well as other forums. So most applicant should be able to collate it together and save themselves a lot of hassle and money.

I appreciate you agreeing that submitting application by yourself is a better option to save money and to get results. 

I hope this information helps fellow members.

Well said mate and alot more informative than just saying do it yourself agents are a waste of time,

Plenty of members follow Scummy's advice with great results and this is pleasing as I have always said I don't expect to do all visas and do not want to I am happy giving advice when needed,

I never step on Scummy's toes were Australia is concerned :GoldenSmile1:

Posted Image

just out of curiosity, this is a tourist visa, why do you have to fill out so much documents? I thought Australia would love tourists coming, why all the BS around. I thought getting a tourist visa to thailand was hard enough ;)

just out of curiosity, this is a tourist visa, why do you have to fill out so much documents? I thought Australia would love tourists coming, why all the BS around. I thought getting a tourist visa to thailand was hard enough ;)

We get a lot of tourists that want to stay on and work.....

so it depends on the country you are from as to how easy it is to get....

and proving you have a reason to go home helps a lot....

Archived