Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

48R - SUCCESSFUL Tourist Visa application to Australia for Thai Girlfriend

On Borrowed Time

Good to see this thread has life.

My girl is back for her second trip on a 6 month Visa this time, following a slightly relaxed formst than in my original post.

Thanks to Scumbag and Key Visa Thailand for providing valuable updates and Insights.

In roughly mid September we will be lodging the Prospective Marriage visa. I will aim to doall the paperwork myself once more (unless of course Key Visa Thailand offers me a price i think is worth it :) )

Good luck to everyone else who dares tread the path i have chosen

When you are ready OBT let me know and I am sure we can come to a sensible agreement

Cheers, Darren

Posted Image

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate you have to remember what they are looking for, then provide that evidence.

What evidence are you and her going to give that before her visa finishes she will go home. the more you and her can provide the better. does she have a reason to go home. Are you going to make sure this happens to the best of your ability.

What evidence are you and her going to provide that she is has access to have enough money to holiday in Australia for the length of her stay. If you cant provide enough will either sets of parents help her if needed.

They also what to know why you would provide for her. people just don't give accommodation and money to strangers.

They are not trying to stop her from coming they are looking at both of you for evidence that what both of you say is true.

Good luck with applying for her visa

What other reason can I give other than work? I mean of course she will go home, because she will only have a limit on her visa, just like when I was in Thailand, I had no reason to go home, other than I had no choice as my visa ran out.!

Also she loves Thailand, and would not want to live in Australia all the time (She has told me this, and I think she will think the same after she has been here as Australia sux compared to Thailand)

She wants to come here for a holiday of two months to come and visit me. We are boyfriend girlfriend. I can prove that, I can prove I have money, and my olds if need be. But what other bit of evidence can I supply in document form, from an independent source that she will go home? A letter from her parents? lol

How old is she? If she is 30 or younger you might like to investigate a working holiday visa given that she has a university degree. The sticking point might be the amount of funds required but your commitment to provide for her may help. You can find information here.

She is 23 years old. She just got her chemical engineering degree few days ago. She only has a Bachelor, same as me. I have Bachelor of science, and cannot find employment in that field. Therefore I doubt she would, also her English would have to improve. Most jobs in Australia, require you to have a PHD (in the science/research field, 90% of them are Chinese, and hard to compete on an academic level)

I'll check that link out.

What other reason can I give other than work? I mean of course she will go home, because she will only have a limit on her visa, just like when I was in Thailand, I had no reason to go home, other than I had no choice as my visa ran out.!

Also she loves Thailand, and would not want to live in Australia all the time (She has told me this, and I think she will think the same after she has been here as Australia sux compared to Thailand)

She wants to come here for a holiday of two months to come and visit me. We are boyfriend girlfriend. I can prove that, I can prove I have money, and my olds if need be.

Mate those are the sorts of things that you need to put in a letter/stat dec. If she will be living at your parents house. Then a letter from them letting immigration know that she is welcome to come and stay would also help. . photos of you with her family would also be good to have proving both your connections with Thailand and her family. If you are telling them that you have started a relationship with her then evidence of an on going relationship shoulds also be included...

My girl didn't have a job but still got a visa. evidence of a strong family bonds was included photos of me and her with most of her family out in the village eating and doing thing together.

She is 23 years old. She just got her chemical engineering degree few days ago. She only has a bachelor, same as me. I have bachelor of science, and cannot find employment in that field. Therefore I doubt she would, also her English would have to improve. Most jobs in Australia, require you to have a PHD (in the science/research field, 90% of them are Chinese, and hard to compete on an academic level)

I'll check that link out.

I do not believe that she would need to work in her field of study. It is a working holiday visa not one based on skills. For all they care she can stack shit on shelves. She would need to have 'functional' English skills.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 1 year later...

Just an update. 2 years on from Starting this post and pleased to announce that I'm now married to the same girl and living in Australia on a Partner visa (also done by myself and not through an agent).

25 trips to Thailand in 3.5 years has come to an end for now, but will be back at Halloween to catch up with all the important people and friends I've made throughout the years and for those that know me on Facebook, in person, or by my previous screen names here, BEPN and Bell ringer

Of course, if you have any DIY Visa questions feel free to PM me

I thought you was all loved up when I met you in submarine a couple of years ago, good to hear it's still working,

happy for you borrowed time, did you get married in oz or LOS?

ummm

I thought you was all loved up when I met you in submarine a couple of years ago, good to hear it's still working,

Yeah mate! Going strong. She's at work at the moment so pulling her weight! Been a whils since that PA catch up in Newtown those years ago

happy for you borrowed time, did you get married in oz or LOS?

Full isaan wedding. Even my mother came up to the village. Then small legal ceremony back in Sydney

Thanks for your thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

So reading thru this thread it seems you need to buy a ticket return but what if you get knocked back ? Money down the drain? Can someone point me to the paperwork I need from the australian govt site ?

So reading thru this thread it seems you need to buy a ticket return but what if you get knocked back ? Money down the drain? Can someone point me to the paperwork I need from the australian govt site ?

No you don't buy a ticket until you get the visa. But you submit a travel schedule showing the dates she intends to travel. www.immi.gov.au

Is it still the 48r form I need ? Cannot for the fuck of me find it on there website 

Is it still the 48r form I need ? Cannot for the fuck of me find it on there website 

The form changed some time ago. The new number is 1419. There is also one in Thai.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

You do not need to book a flight before submitting the application. They advise for you not to.

What stat dec do I need and for what reason. I have my payslips,bank book,letter of invitation,her id card,house card,bank book with the money that I support her with,passport and photos of us and her family

I do not have records of sms,phone or email as we skype everynight ?

Is a stat dec REALLY needed?

Anything else ?

Cheers

PA

What stat dec do I need and for what reason. I have my payslips,bank book,letter of invitation,her id card,house card,bank book with the money that I support her with,passport and photos of us and her family

I do not have records of sms,phone or email as we skype everynight ?

Is a stat dec REALLY needed?

Anything else ?

Cheers

PA

The advantage of a stat dec is that they know the chances of you talking BS is a lot less as a false statement is a criminal offense. IMO if it is a first application it is a good idea to include one to support information in the application that has no provided evidence (for example your frequent contact). They are exceedingly easy to do if you are in Australia.

Have you included evidence that you are able to support her financially while she is visiting?

The advantage of a stat dec is that they know the chances of you talking BS is a lot less as a false statement is a criminal offense. IMO if it is a first application it is a good idea to include one to support information in the application that has no provided evidence (for example your frequent contact). They are exceedingly easy to do if you are in Australia.

Have you included evidence that you are able to support her financially while she is visiting?

3 years of bank statements ?

Does the letter of invitation be on a stat dec ?

I used this method to declare everything and as a letter of invite. It's worked 3 times.

ummm

3 years of bank statements ?

Of course it is not a requirement but IMO a stat dec decreases the chance of a rejection. What I don't know is by how much. Certainly in some cases it may save a marginal application. You need to make your own judgement.

However, like I said they are very easy to do. You just need to have an acceptable person witness your signature. I have used a cop at the local station in the past. I think a chemist can witness it as well.

Of course it is not a requirement but IMO a stat dec decreases the chance of a rejection. What I don't know is by how much. Certainly in some cases it may save a marginal application. You need to make your own judgement.

However, like I said they are very easy to do. You just need to have an acceptable person witness your signature. I have used a cop at the local station in the past. I think a chemist can witness it as well.

I have had the lady at the local chemist witness before ( JP)

Do you think 1.5 mill baht($50k) is enough for them to consider I can financially support her....she only has the money I have given her over the 3yrs BUT has zero in her acct?

I have had the lady at the local chemist witness before ( JP)

Do you think 1.5 mill baht($50k) is enough for them to consider I can financially support her....she only has the money I have given her over the 3yrs BUT has zero in her acct?

I would think that is plenty... :D Her having no money in her account is no problem but for some reason they will still want copies of her passbook...don't ask me why.

SB..Could I attached the invitation letter to the stat dec saying on the stat that the attached letter is true blah blah blah ??

Saves me writing out the letter again

SB..Could I attached the invitation letter to the stat dec saying on the stat that the attached letter is true blah blah blah ??

Saves me writing out the letter again

I don't know for sure but I would think that it would not be acceptable. The stat dec needs to be done of the correct form. I have attached a file with the stat dec form in pdf and pdf format. Just copy and paste want you want from the cover letter into one of them and print it.

stat dec.zip

I don't know for sure but I would think that it would not be acceptable. The stat dec needs to be done of the correct form. I have attached a file with the stat dec form in pdf and pdf format. Just copy and paste want you want from the cover letter into one of them and print it.

Done.

If it is successful does my gf get a phone call ?

Done.

If it is successful does my gf get a phone call ?

No, just a letter in her mail box. Her passport does not go with the application. They only issue electronic visas now.

Archived