IGNORED

Best English breakfast in Pattaya

unclezillion

The breakfast i had at Irish Rovers was probably about this size  or even a bit bigger but i only paid 99 baht, did you pay 320baht for this?

Kind of beating a dead horse with the price.  I already said in the post that it was twice as expense as it should be.  That just goes back to one's personal thoughts about vacation expenditure.  I'd surely pay that much back home for a large plate breakfast, so why deny myself while on vacation.  There are a million and one better deals, but I wasn't in the mood to go door to door menu shopping for the best price.  Did I get ripped off?  Probably.  Did I care?  No. 

Nothing much else that I was familiar with was open (only my second time to Patts).  Jet lag + hangover + hunger = stupid decisions.  I ate some of the potatoes already, but judging from some of the other pics I've seen on his post, I guess this breakfast wasn't as big as I thought.  I'm personally not used to eating that much in the morning, but it did the trick to make me feel a little better.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During my 1st visit to Pattaya (just a week) earlier this year, I had breakfast at the Irish Rovers 3 times  :), amazing value although I can see how some people think the quality isn't great.

My favorite breakfast was at a place not too far away, at the Devonshire Arms, on Soi Dianne I think ?.. Came in around 140 or 160baht, which is still really good value for a very good breakfast.. 

During my 1st visit to Pattaya (just a week) earlier this year, I had breakfast at the Irish Rovers 3 times  :), amazing value although I can see how some people think the quality isn't great.

My favorite breakfast was at a place not too far away, at the Devonshire Arms, on Soi Dianne I think ?.. Came in around 140 or 160baht, which is still really good value for a very good breakfast.. 

Devonshire Arms (formerly Le Katai)  - Soi Lengkee - diagonally opposite Soi Diana

Thanks for the correction Socrates, hadn't realised the street changed name the other side of the intersection with Soi Buakhao.  I'm sure all the regulars know where it is anyway, but handy for other newbies.

Archived