Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best English breakfast in Pattaya

unclezillion

What do you all reckon of the buffets at Apex and Lek? They have ham rather than bacon, some eggs, toast and unlimited coffee and bunch of Thai food IIRC. Worth it? I like a few coffees with my breakfast, you see

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you all reckon of the buffets at Apex and Lek? They have ham rather than bacon, some eggs, toast and unlimited coffee and bunch of Thai food IIRC. Worth it? I like a few coffees with my breakfast, you see

agree, I always tell them hold the tea coffe till the food is served first, but no way eat in lek and apex both are shit. Ogaras in pratumark hill is tops 95฿ with refill

• 1 month later...

Tried The Ritz, soi 13/1 this week, very tasty fry up....

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

aaah The Ritz, can't wait to be there, will be my first destination for breaky..

miss the atmosphere and 80's music there, very relaxing after a night out...

plus it's on Soi Yamato, I simply love the old school feel of this soi...

aaah The Ritz, can't wait to be there, will be my first destination for breaky..

miss the atmosphere and 80's music there, very relaxing after a night out...

plus it's on Soi Yamato, I simply love the old school feel of this soi...

I concur...

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

• 2 weeks later...

Tried The Ritz, soi 13/1 this week, very tasty fry up....

I will agree! Perhaps one of the best out there....

• 2 weeks later...

After all the posts recommending The Irish Rovers I tried it out this week. Absolutely Outstanding Breakfast I have payed 195tb for a far inferior Breakfast.

Guys if you have not tried it go check it out Now.

You will not be disappointed.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

See a couple of mentions of the Pig and Whistle, haqve to agree good English or western breakfast plus they have kippers on the menu bloody beautifull and a great cure for a hangover

i have tried about ten diffirent in the l.k.metro area the three i rank 1 dianadragon buffet 2irish rover3canterbury tales

i have tried about ten diffirent in the l.k.metro area the three i rank 1 dianadragon buffet 2irish rover3canterbury tales

Hi, where is the Dianadragon Buffet? Is it an English breakfast, what kind of food is in the buffet?

Cheers

SDM197.

where's that to dude ?

Between soi 7 and 8 on second road, closes at 11pm, sorry for the late reply...

After reading all the recommendations on here about the Irish Rover's full breakfast I tried it a couple of times last week. Bloody good value for 99 baht. I only eat a fried breakfast if I'm hungover which means I eat late, this maybe why I was a little disappointed with the bacon which was a bit dried out. Other than that the sausages were excellent as was the black pudding. I didn't complain about the bacon as I was too hungover to bother at the time but the staff seemed really nice and I'm sure they would have sorted it if I had.

Golf Club, LK Metro is another excellent choice...

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed a very nice English breakfast at the Queen Vic in Soi 6 earlier this week...2 x poached eggs, 1 sausage, 2 bacon, tomato, beans and a generous serving of mushrooms. Good quality bacon and sausages make it a standout and I would rate amongst the top 3 western breakfast establishments in central Pattaya alongside The Loaf in Soi Lengkee for the healthier choice, fresh breads and excellent coffee and Sportsmans in Soi 13

Hooray beer!

• 5 weeks later...

im sorry but crazy daves is probably the worst place i have had breakfast. . ok if you like watery eggs and a plate full of slop swimming in a sea of slimey grease but im sorry its not for me.

will say for 79 b what do you expect and i hope im not going to be blacklisted for giving a negitive comment but im only speaking my mind ,

sorry

PS. there was only fools and horses blasting around the resturaunt but none of the 2 tv,s were on .... :Crazy1:

on a good note the beers are cheap and the service was quick.

• 2 weeks later...

ogaras restaurant at Tara court on pratumark, only 95 or 150 for the large breakfast, but no white or black pudding and no goalgannan which being an Irish place they should have. But still very good and free refills

I think you mean C-O-L-C-A-N-N-O-N ( I hav'nt even seen colcannon on for breakfast back home in Irish cafes) but the Tara is the most comfortable place I've had breakfast in Pattaya and nice waitresses. Well done Tara

Can anyone tell me, where in Pattaya can you get Scots kippers as an addition to the breakfast menu

I heard the Queen Vic at one time, and somewhere else in the l k Metro......any Clues!!!! Thanks Lads.

im sorry but crazy daves is probably the worst place i have had breakfast. . ok if you like watery eggs and a plate full of slop swimming in a sea of slimey grease but im sorry its not for me.

will say for 79 b what do you expect and i hope im not going to be blacklisted for giving a negitive comment but im only speaking my mind ,

sorry

PS. there was only fools and horses blasting around the resturaunt but none of the 2 tv,s were on .... :Crazy1:

on a good note the beers are cheap and the service was quick.

Cant be worse than Irish Rovers...everything completely dried out. The sausages were horrendous.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the other morning I woke up really early at 4am so I found this thread and was hanging out for breakfast. Now I have tried three of the places that are highly regarded in Soi LK Metro and here is my review:

Irish Rovers - Went here first up, and I do have to say it was the best breakfast so far. Did not even look at the menu, just ask for the 99 baht breakfast and if I could have an orange juice instead of coffee or tea. I got heaps of bread, 2 eggs, nice potatoes, a tomato, two well done snags (how I like them), bacon, beans and mushrooms. All up, a very nice breakfast for the price. Only thing I didn't like was I had to sit in a stool, I did not see any real chairs and low tables inside (I like air-con) that I could sit at comfortably and read my iPad for an hour or two. Will be going back.

Next morning I went straight to Stag's Head. The 110 baht brekkie was not even in the same league as Irish Rovers. No juice option, only one egg and one piece of toast (!), no mushrooms, no tomato, and that Thai butter that just doesn't smell right. Air-Con, fast wifi and comfortable chairs was a plus. Won't be going back.

This morning was time to try the Golf Club. The breakfast options were complicated, and the waitress was hovering, so I ordered something that looked like a big english breakfast, for 140 baht. I asked for juice or green tea, cannot. I got an absolutely huge cup of black tea, and as an added bonus, brown sugar on the table. The blackcurrant jam and jam spoon which came with the meal - seriously good, it reinvigorated my interest in jam and I will defintely be buying a blackcurrant jam when back home instead of raspberry. There were lots of tomatoes, the mushrooms were good, but there were no baked beans. The hash brown was not good at all, it was extremely crunchy on the outside, and barely any soft potato on the inside. It looked like a hash brown but was more like a rosti. No air-con is a minus, and it was kind of funny when I looked for a wifi network and there were some networks called "Golf rip-off prices crap service", "Golf - rudest staff on the Soi" and "Golf - staff is still on the rag".... guess the neighbours aren't happy. Would return but would try other food options - saw they were very busy at night.

Lastly, I should mention I also went to Crazy Dave's, on the first day I arrived back in Pattaya this week. I met an ex-pat on the bus from Cambodia who lived in Pattaya for 5 years, and he wanted to go to this cheap place. The 79 baht breakfast was just OK, but yeah it was pretty oily and I would not go back there. Fools and horses was luckily on mute :P

In summary, Irish Rovers was by far the best, but Golf Club tried hard. For 140 baht I really would want to have a juice option or green tea, it is seriously just a different tea bag. In Australia I have had some awesome breakfasts at cafes, with poached eggs, turkish bread, spinach, beans in their own little bowl (I don't like it touching the rest) but of course these are like $17 but it would be nice to find somewhere that really takes it up to that level. If any can suggest somewhere that can beat Irish Rovers for QUALITY, up to 200 baht, let me know.

Trip Reports: May/June 2022 - 27 Leche Loads Jakarta/BKK/Pattaya

Popped my Cherry 2010 - Philippines - Part 1 & Thailand - Part 2  - Quick Trip Report BKK/Pattaya 2017

OK, the other morning I woke up really early at 4am so I found this thread and was hanging out for breakfast. Now I have tried three of the places that are highly regarded in Soi LK Metro and here is my review:

Irish Rovers - Went here first up, and I do have to say it was the best breakfast so far. Did not even look at the menu, just ask for the 99 baht breakfast and if I could have an orange juice instead of coffee or tea. I got heaps of bread, 2 eggs, nice potatoes, a tomato, two well done snags (how I like them), bacon, beans and mushrooms. All up, a very nice breakfast for the price. Only thing I didn't like was I had to sit in a stool, I did not see any real chairs and low tables inside (I like air-con) that I could sit at comfortably and read my iPad for an hour or two. Will be going back.

Next morning I went straight to Stag's Head. The 110 baht brekkie was not even in the same league as Irish Rovers. No juice option, only one egg and one piece of toast (!), no mushrooms, no tomato, and that Thai butter that just doesn't smell right. Air-Con, fast wifi and comfortable chairs was a plus. Won't be going back.

This morning was time to try the Golf Club. The breakfast options were complicated, and the waitress was hovering, so I ordered something that looked like a big english breakfast, for 140 baht. I asked for juice or green tea, cannot. I got an absolutely huge cup of black tea, and as an added bonus, brown sugar on the table. The blackcurrant jam and jam spoon which came with the meal - seriously good, it reinvigorated my interest in jam and I will defintely be buying a blackcurrant jam when back home instead of raspberry. There were lots of tomatoes, the mushrooms were good, but there were no baked beans. The hash brown was not good at all, it was extremely crunchy on the outside, and barely any soft potato on the inside. It looked like a hash brown but was more like a rosti. No air-con is a minus, and it was kind of funny when I looked for a wifi network and there were some networks called "Golf rip-off prices crap service", "Golf - rudest staff on the Soi" and "Golf - staff is still on the rag".... guess the neighbours aren't happy. Would return but would try other food options - saw they were very busy at night.

Lastly, I should mention I also went to Crazy Dave's, on the first day I arrived back in Pattaya this week. I met an ex-pat on the bus from Cambodia who lived in Pattaya for 5 years, and he wanted to go to this cheap place. The 79 baht breakfast was just OK, but yeah it was pretty oily and I would not go back there. Fools and horses was luckily on mute :P

In summary, Irish Rovers was by far the best, but Golf Club tried hard. For 140 baht I really would want to have a juice option or green tea, it is seriously just a different tea bag. In Australia I have had some awesome breakfasts at cafes, with poached eggs, turkish bread, spinach, beans in their own little bowl (I don't like it touching the rest) but of course these are like $17 but it would be nice to find somewhere that really takes it up to that level. If any can suggest somewhere that can beat Irish Rovers for QUALITY, up to 200 baht, let me know.

the Irish Rovers brekkie

Dayo...

the Irish Rovers brekkie

Image0541.jpg

Dayo...

I have to say Irish Rovers is the best value for quantity at 99 baht. but the best price has to go to Sailor bar soi 8 for 55 baht a nice breakfast.

BORN TO MONGER!!

Archived