IGNORED

Best English breakfast in Pattaya

unclezillion

Irish Rovers. Anybody who has been there knows this. Look at the picture above (on previous page). I must say it is also a good place to stay while you are there. Great value all round.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Menu looks good what of the quality?

Egg and bacon section cooked to order. All the bread is freshly baked. Choice of eating inside with cool air con and very comfortable seating etc.or outside.

And of course this being a buffet breakfast you eat and drink as much as you like.

Around Soi Buakhao the one's I visit on a regular basis - Pitini's, Jolly's, 18 Coins, Irish Rovers and a TAKE AWAY place closer to Pattaya Klang. None of them are perfect, all of them are a little bit different and I like each one of them for different reasons. On occasion I try something new but these one's are my favourites so far.

Egg and bacon section cooked to order. All the bread is freshly baked. Choice of eating inside with cool air con and very comfortable seating etc.or outside.

And of course this being a buffet breakfast you eat and drink as much as you like.

Snags? Not some 3rd rate frankfurter, scored and made to look like a blooming flower!

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this counts towards best breakfast, as there were a few downsides, but I thought I'd throw in a review.  I was jetlagged as all hell my first day in Pattaya a couple weeks back.  I was up at 5am and was walking about for a long time before things started to open.  It wasn't until about 8am or so that I started looking for breakfast.  I stumbled upon Dicey's on second road by 13/2.  It was one of the only places that looked open, and it also looked like it could serve up a proper breakfast.  

This looked like a tourist pub or a direct transplant from America, so I knew it wasn't going to be cheap.  Breakfast was about 320b, which is twice what one would expect to pay.  It also took forever to come out, despite being in the place with only two other people.  However, when it finally did come out, I was overwhelmed with the amount of food and selection.  Three types of sausages, three strips of bacon, black pudding, two slices of thick toast, home fries, hash, fried tomatoes, passable beans, two eggs, and a choice between coffee and tea.  Believe it or not, I actually ate some before I took this picture.  It was twice the amount of food that I probably needed, but a good start for a jetlag cure.

Now for the downsides.  Besides it taking between 15-20 minutes to come out and the price, there was no selection of how the eggs where to be cooked.  They were well done--something I particularly hate.  The sausages, although tasty, were room temperature.  They also initially couldn't serve me tea.  They couldn't explain why, but I suspect it was because they were get boiling water from the espresso machine, which was just turned on when I walked in.  I eventually got the pot filled, but it would have been nice to have while waiting so long.  Yes, there was a lot of food, but one could just as easily buy two breakfasts at any other place.  I'd be interested to know of other breakfast places that include black pudding in their breakfast.  

dicey-breakfast.jpg

Nice review on Dicey's...haven't been there but another volume (and calories)/ over quality venue...Nixonsbest has wrriten a standout blog/review of standard of Western style breakfasts in this Forum...even though the Queen Vic was missed out...its an awesome piece of work and very fair...

Hooray beer!

Nice review on Dicey's...haven't been there but another volume (and calories)/ over quality venue...Nixonsbest has wrriten a standout blog/review of standard of Western style breakfasts in this Forum...even though the Queen Vic was missed out...its an awesome piece of work and very fair...

Where can his findings be read????

I recall reading a Pattaya western breakfast shootout on the internet before I was a member of this site. It was definitely well written and thorough, with points on volume, taste, and price.  I wonder if it was Nixonsbest's review that I was reading.  Was it in a public section of the website? I should look it up.  All the ones reviewed were around 99-120b, and all looked pretty good.  Don't get me wrong about Dicey's breakfast.  It was good, but just tough to love for 320b.  On a side note, what's up with Pattaya orange juice?  Every place I've been to serve up this orange-like drink, similar to Tang.  Is that just what local oranges taste like?  I hate it.  

Best I get in Patts is a little coffe shop in View Talay 6 up near the pool.

Real bacon eggs and sausage cooked any way I like with the added bonus of hot american pancakes and maple syrup.

droooooool

Thanks for your reply, I did look at Nixonsbest profile to view all his content and for some reason that thread did not come up hence I asked the question.

thanks again,

SDM197.

had an absolutely terrible breakfast at Irish Rovers this week.

previously id had a few decent breakfasts there, not amazing, but good enough to go back, especially for such a low price.

burnt sausage

lukewarm bacon

TWO tiny pieces of what i can only assume were yesterdays potatos reheated

an orange juice with more ice in it than actual juice

and possibly the smallest 2 scrambled eggs ive ever had... probably more like 1 egg + some water or milk

i know quality can be great one day and terrible the next here in pattaya, and this is not the normal quality of irish rovers, but this one was bad enough that i felt i had to post about it.

• 3 weeks later...

kilkenny, soi lk metro, best brekky in pattaya, fact.

as he said FACT!!!!

second best is next door at golf club

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Pig & Whistle soi 7, gets my vote

"If ya can f*#k it, float it or fly it.........rent it!"

Shenanigans is the name of the Irish bar, nice food but expensive!! Same same uk prices.

They should rename it Rob Roys, with them prices, the only place in the UK  where I have paid anywhere close to that price is Newcastle Airport which was £7 but never again.  Most cafes in my neck of the woods Newcastle, sell full English breakfasts for between £3.50 to £5.00 I can only think you must be thinking of London prices or upmarket hotels.   On another note I always enjoyed breakfast at the Billabong and the stags head, but I find the bacon to be a bit hit and miss, as I like my bacon almost crispy and the Thai way seems to be almost raw.

They should rename it Rob Roys, with them prices, the only place in the UK  where I have paid anywhere close to that price is Newcastle Airport which was £7 but never again.  Most cafes in my neck of the woods Newcastle, sell full English breakfasts for between £3.50 to £5.00 I can only think you must be thinking of London prices or upmarket hotels.   On another note I always enjoyed breakfast at the billabong and the stags head, but I find the bacon to be a bit hit and miss, as I like my bacon almost crispy and the Thai way seems to be almost raw.

That place shenanigans has closed down now by the looks of things.

£5 is about average back in uk in the south east.

Tried The Ritz, soi 13/1 this week, very tasty fry up....

aaah The Ritz, can't wait to be there, will be my first destination for breaky..

miss the atmosphere and 80's music there, very relaxing after a night out...

plus it's on Soi Yamato, I simply love the old school feel of this soi...

I concur...

I will agree! Perhaps one of the best out there....

My vote goes to The Ritz in Soi Yamato, but I must admit I didn't tried any other cause I was staying 2mn from it and as it was good and cheap, plus very calm with good soft music and aircon it was my HQ for breakfast !

The Ritz on 13/1 and The Pig & Whistle were the best I found on my last trip but since I am staying on LK Metro this time I will try the other recommendations up that way this time. I love thai food but like a full english to start the day off before I set off on my travels.

The Ritz, Soi 13 is awesome.

Add me to the list of admirers of The Ritz -- trekked there twice for breakfast on my last trip and can't wait to get back there when I hit Pattaya again!

That place shenanigans has closed down now by the looks of things.

£5 is about average back in uk in the south east.

I'm not surprised its closed with them prices, breakfasts from Morrison s start at £2.45 and go up to £3.99, so why anybody would pay £8 for brekkie in Pattaya is beyond me.

Unless it included a blowjob or course.

• 3 weeks later...

Irish Rovers has a very good English Baht Buster breakfast for only 99 baht. Get two eggs, two bacon, two fried toast, two normal toast, black pudding, two sausages, with some fried/roast potato, orange juice and a tea or coffee. Personally it was a little too much for me felt very full afterwords but for 99 baht great value. thats probaly the best single english style breakfast i have found in Pattaya. But i probaly wouldn't do iyt every day  way too filling they have a smaller breakfast for 65baht.

Across  the street from irish Rovers at the Golf Club they don't have a big breakfast that can match that for price but they have heaps of variety. You can get like waffles, pancakes, eggs benedict and mix and match with added bacon and other stuff like sasuages and french toast.

Golf Club probably has the best variety of English and American style breakfast plus there ice tea is really nice and served in a huge glass.

Not sure if this counts towards best breakfast, as there were a few downsides, but I thought I'd throw in a review.  I was jetlagged as all hell my first day in Pattaya a couple weeks back.  I was up at 5am and was walking about for a long time before things started to open.  It wasn't until about 8am or so that I started looking for breakfast.  I stumbled upon Dicey's on second road by 13/2.  It was one of the only places that looked open, and it also looked like it could serve up a proper breakfast.  

This looked like a tourist pub or a direct transplant from America, so I knew it wasn't going to be cheap.  Breakfast was about 320b, which is twice what one would expect to pay.  It also took forever to come out, despite being in the place with only two other people.  However, when it finally did come out, I was overwhelmed with the amount of food and selection.  Three types of sausages, three strips of bacon, black pudding, two slices of thick toast, home fries, hash, fried tomatoes, passable beans, two eggs, and a choice between coffee and tea.  Believe it or not, I actually ate some before I took this picture.  It was twice the amount of food that I probably needed, but a good start for a jetlag cure.

Now for the downsides.  Besides it taking between 15-20 minutes to come out and the price, there was no selection of how the eggs where to be cooked.  They were well done--something I particularly hate.  The sausages, although tasty, were room temperature.  They also initially couldn't serve me tea.  They couldn't explain why, but I suspect it was because they were get boiling water from the espresso machine, which was just turned on when I walked in.  I eventually got the pot filled, but it would have been nice to have while waiting so long.  Yes, there was a lot of food, but one could just as easily buy two breakfasts at any other place.  I'd be interested to know of other breakfast places that include black pudding in their breakfast.  

dicey-breakfast.jpg

The breakfast i had at Irish Rovers was probably about this size  or even a bit bigger but i only paid 99 baht, did you pay 320baht for this?

Archived