Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

5 hours ago, momo5 said:

That’s no A380. 

I don't claim to be a plane expert... I just read the numbers on the side of the plane.

Edit: You may be right, It should have another row of windows from pics I'm looking at online. That's weird that it has A380 on the side of the plane... I'll never know why, it's wasn't my plane to catch.

Edited by Ziplee

21 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

I don't claim to be a plane expert... I just read the numbers on the side of the plane.

Edit: You may be right, It should have another row of windows from pics I'm looking at online. That's weird that it has A380 on the side of the plane... I'll never know why, it's wasn't my plane to catch.

Yeah, the A380 is a very distinctive beast, with the double row of windows and two engines on each wing. 

What you’ve got there is a A321

A waterproof Olympus TG5 for daytime trail pics.
P9010020.jpg

And a Nikon D3300 for nighttime pics.
imageedit_1_3788621220.jpg

1 hour ago, momo5 said:

I was thinking may a A330 and when looking at the number from a angle one of three’s looked like a 8. Anyway it was a big ass plane.

I used to carry a big Canon 400D with standard Lens. It was so bulky that i often just leave it behind and the pictures didn't impress me anyway. Lately i switched to the Canon M100 and don't regret it for a second. Usually i just drop the 22mm Pancake lens on it and put it in my pocket.

I really like the automatic mode since it is usually the best result you can get for snapshots, but also the manual modes are easy and fast to adjust. Sadly it can't be charged by USB. Other than that, it's nearly perfect for my needs.

IMG_1428.thumb.JPG.c4db0939faca7073c377a2ded5e02240.JPGzoom.thumb.jpg.3e5644623e912a32dfffa1dd063f809e.jpgIMG_1020.thumb.JPG.f98b36b805264c32566071652603a638.JPG

• Like 2

Most of the time while I'm not traveling I don't care how heavy the camera is and if it's digital it's a 6D Mk2 with 16-35 or a Pentax 67 if I'm shooting film. My compact camera for travel is a Ricoh GR 3.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I baught this this camera 3 weeks ago,from 2015 -  Panasonic, can take 4k picture too. 

I will see the quality in Thailand in November/december 2019. good size camera for traveling, 

The 4k pro is expensive and to heavy . total for this Panasonic : 500 euros , 2 battery, 1 small bag, QT1 64 GO + QT2 32 GO SD cards.

DSC01248.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I recently upgraded from DSLR to mirrorless, created a thread for it here

• Like 2

Retired

I currently use a Sony RX100 - good specs and small enough to put in my pocket when I go out.

Primarily bought for gig photography.

FB_IMG_1576439574630.jpg

Edited by soulmining
Added photo

• 2 months later...

I’m currently using a Canon EOS 6D fullframe, with Sigma 50mm Art and a Canon 70-200 F4L, absolutely amazing picture quality for the ones that loves to pixel peep:Crazy1:

• 4 weeks later...

I've moved to a Panasonic Lumix GX85. It's a bit larger than the Ricoh I had been using, but I do like being able to swap lenses. My walking around lenses are the kit 12-32mm, and a f1.7 20mm. I really liked the GRII I had been using, but the ability to swap lenses out is nice to have.

On 19/02/2020 at 04:16, Accelord said:

I’m currently using a Canon EOS 6D fullframe, with Sigma 50mm Art and a Canon 70-200 F4L, absolutely amazing picture quality for the ones that loves to pixel peep:Crazy1:

Using exactly the same combo ... the best value in this price range . 

IMG_9035-2_resize.jpg

• 1 month later...

I did a lot pictures with my Nikon d5100 18-55mm and a older 50mm lens and i really enjoyed it to put the Raw files in Lightroom and play around. But I hate it to carrying that thing all the time,so i bought a smartphone with raw support. 

But i miss the shutter sound from the big nikon , it's not the same feeling with the phone 

• 4 weeks later...

Was my Canon 400D, but have started using Gopro recently again. The Hero8 has been great and was able to get a gimbal for my old gopro  hero5.

I've a Fuji X100f, left it in Ireland...aargh!

As Central was open yesterday I went into Big Camera & ordered the new Fuji X-T4 with 16-80 kit. They're doing similar deals/bundles as Jessops.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I ordered an Insta360 One R (Twin Edition) at the end of March from the manufacturer in China. It arrived in Thailand on April 2. I'm still interacting with FedEx who is interreacting with Thai Customs to get my damn camera, so it more a case of 'What will my camera be?' 

As lessons learned goes, if you are ordering a camera shipped into Thailand and it has a rechargeable lithium ion battery, DO NOT order a spare battery if you want to see the camera anytime soon. Getting my passport to Customs when the country was/is in lockdown was the first hurdle, but then needing to have a government issued import license for the single $33 USD battery has eaten up the rest of the time. And I'm still waiting. I'm thinking I should have paid the 'already in Thailand' surcharge and just gone ahead and ordered it from DotLife online.  (I did look at dotLife/.Life at T21 but "no have".) They don't have accessories, but at least I could have been learning the camera during the last several weeks of sheltering in place. 

no camera any longer very happy with My LGv20 phone no reason for me to have another camera. I understand the need for some maybe to have a Studio quality camera but this suits me fine

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 months later...

Sony a6000, usually with a Sony 50mm 1.8, Sony 85mm 1.8, and a Sigma 30mm 1.4. I also have the kit lens, a crappy 55-210 that works well for the zoo, a helios 55mm lens for when you need an artsy vintage look to impress a girl, and a Rokinon 12mm 2.0 that I've been meaning to teach myself landscape / sky photography on someday, when we can travel again.

I usually carry the three main primes + a spare battery charger and a couple of spare batteries + a gorillapod (can't recommend this enough for travel) in a non-camera-bag backpack to attract less attention. If you're feeling safe, Peak Designs makes a clip for your backpack strap where you can just holster your camera on your chest, but this will attract a lot of attention. Camera stuff + a kindle and some water is usually an extremely light load for a day of walking in the heat, which means I end up taking it with me and actually using it about a thousand times more often than my old DSLR. 

I recently picked up an DJI Osmo Pocket. It's basically a 4k video camera mounted to a gimbal (full mechanical stabilization) on a thing that looks like a fat pen and will fit in your pocket. I suspect I'll need to get better about street photography before I really figure out the best uses for it.  

I will note that the Pixel 3a phones (and the 4) take incredible photos, especially for portrait mode shots. This is extremely handy on the street, and if you just want a great shot of a meal you just had. But I still prefer the kinds of shots I get with the portrait lenses. I'm sure the AI will eventually get so good you won't be able to tell the difference, but we're not there yet. 

The phone takes better panoramas than I can take landscapes, though. I need to really work on shooting better landscape photos.

Edited by jmukh

• 6 months later...
On 13/09/2019 at 07:41, momo5 said:

Yeah, the A380 is a very distinctive beast, with the double row of windows and two engines on each wing. 

That's an Airbus A350

Gone Bananas!!!

3 hours ago, TheFiend said:

That's an Airbus A350

I'm going to say A330.  Bit short on tyres for the 350.

Either way, nice to be looking at a plane, just wish I was inside any one them.

I bought the X-T30 a week ago, I really want the XT4 gonna pick that up soon, was thinking of going to BKK and looking for a deal in MBK.  

I'm very satisfied with the X-T30, was a lot of fun shooting in Koh Larn over the weekend with it. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2021 at 12:44, Gogosloth said:

I'm going to say A330.  Bit short on tyres for the 350.

Either way, nice to be looking at a plane, just wish I was inside any one them.

It's an a350-900, the shape of the cockpit window and raccoon mask are obvious indicators...... the 4 wheel bogies on the main landing gear are for the -900..... on the A350-1000 they are 6 wheel bogies.

Gone Bananas!!!