IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

When visiting Pattaya, I just use my phone and an old Fuji water proof, drop proof, everything proof camera if I'm going to the beach or an island. Don't want to attract too much attention. 

At home, I've had dozens of different cameras including dslrs right from the Canon 300d, but have now settled on the Sony RX10 IV... amazing 1" sensor camera, 600mm zoom, more features and setting than I care to mention. 

11 hours ago, TheFiend said:

It's an a350-900, the shape of the cockpit window and raccoon mask are obvious indicators...... the 4 wheel bogies on the main landing gear are for the -900..... on the A350-1000 they are 6 wheel bogies.

Learn something new every day.  Yet another dismal side effect of Covid, not getting enough time at the airport to keep up to date with aircraft.

Cheers for the update.

• 7 months later...

I have an Olympus E-510.

It seems to be incredibly complex, but I'd like to learn how to use it I think. I suspect the learning curve is high. Having said that, I did manage to take a few indoor shots and transfer them to my computer.  But I haven't yet figured out how to turn off the flash. :) 

I think its about 10 years old and so its possible my Samsung phone's camera may have surpassed it for quality and ease of use.

We originally paid about $400 CDN ( I think) and I can sell it on ebay for about $150 CDN.

Its like new, barely used, comes with spare battery, charger, case, etc.

I'd be glad for your suggestions.

IMG_20210926_174618.thumb.jpg.353863d85594ac8e0d7a63f980be45c2.jpgYesterday, I purchased a Nikon Zfc to complement my Nikon Z6 and Nikon D610. I bought it for street photography. It came with a 28 mm f/2.8 kit lens which functions as an effective 44 mm on the cropped sensor. It's super light weight around my neck and I love the retro look and enjoy playing with the dials. The camera was just released a couple months ago and is a lot of fun to shoot with. 

From Sukhumvit Soi 11

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

I have a question: I'm tying to take photos of some of my wife's artwork  These are paintings done in acrylic paint and are a bit shiny.   So if I use the built in flash on this camera, it shows the flash mark on the photo from the reflection from the painting.

What can I do for this?   I don't want to spend a lot of money on equipment. I'm guessing I'll need an alternative light source and bounce it off the ceiling or something.

Any suggestions?

19 minutes ago, Danolo said:

Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be something like this. 

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Neewer-2-Packs-Dimmable-5600K-USB-LED-Video-Light-with-Adjustable-Tripod-Stand-Color-Filters-for-Tabletop-Low-Angle/PRD3ZEWL8QPESQ9

c16b53c3-b57a-496f-88e1-3b0b197b16b6_1.9

I have them on my Amazon wish list but haven't bought them yet. 

Edited by Garzan

Yup, they would do the job... about $50 on Amazon.ca.

I'm in credit card withdrawal right now, so I may have to try some cheaper ideas.

I've got two old work light clamp lamps and I've got a couple of 100 watt equivalent LED Bulbs.

I think I'll rig them up and see if they will turn off my flash.

I think my cell phone camera does better in low light. 

But this Olympus is so complex, I might be able to adjust down the shutter speed. I do have a camera tripod.

40 minutes ago, Danolo said:

Yup, they would do the job... about $50 on Amazon.ca.

I'm in credit card withdrawal right now, so I may have to try some cheaper ideas.

I've got two old work light clamp lamps and I've got a couple of 100 watt equivalent LED Bulbs.

I think I'll rig them up and see if they will turn off my flash.

I think my cell phone camera does better in low light. 

But this Olympus is so complex, I might be able to adjust down the shutter speed. I do have a camera tripod.

Should be a menu option on the camera to turn off the flash. Might also try setting up an easel outside to hold the paintings so you can take photos using natural light. Using the light during the "golden hour" might work out best.

1 hour ago, Danolo said:

Any suggestions?

That's what I was going to suggest. Why don't you place the paintings near a window? On a cloudy day to diffuse the sunlight. I remember visiting the van Gogh museum in Amsterdam in the late afternoon and the natural sunlight brought extra life to the wonderful paintings. 

Edited by Piece Corp

Retired

16 hours ago, Piece Corp said:

IMG_20210926_174618.thumb.jpg.353863d85594ac8e0d7a63f980be45c2.jpgYesterday, I purchased a Nikon Zfc to complement my Nikon Z6 and Nikon D610. I bought it for street photography. It came with a 28 mm f/2.8 kit lens which functions as an effective 44 mm on the cropped sensor. It's super light weight around my neck and I love the retro look and enjoy playing with the dials. The camera was just released a couple months ago and is a lot of fun to shoot with. 

From Sukhumvit Soi 11

I strongly suspect that you have GAD Gear Accumulation Disorder 555  Enjoy your toys, can you shoot video with that or is it handicapped like the last retro body Nikon made?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Roadglide said:

I strongly suspect that you have GAD Gear Accumulation Disorder 555  Enjoy your toys, can you shoot video with that or is it handicapped like the last retro body Nikon made?

Not only can you shoot video, it has a flip screen for vlogging. It’s a dandy little camera, and not much larger than a pocket camera.

Retired

5 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Eureka! That's what I've got! I didn't realize it had a name, but that diagnosis certainly fits my symptoms too. 🙂

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Eureka! That's what I've got! I didn't realize it had a name, but that diagnosis certainly fits my symptoms too. 🙂

Another one is lens lust 

Retired

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of change of kit. 

Still use a boosted 7D but  have had a much  needed upgrade on the glass side of things.

Substituted the (freebie from Canon back in 2000) 28mm-105mm with a 28mm-135mm I.S

The 20yo Sigma 70mm-210mm f2.8  which has served it's  time and only works on Aperture priority at F2.8 on all but the very 1st EOS D bodies,has been upgraded to a  bargain find,L series 70-200 f2.8 I.S. 

I can see a definate improvement with the L series. 

Edited by Baddave

• 3 months later...

Canon 5d mk2 with two primes, 35mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.2.

Originally my kit was setup for weddings and portraits. Love shooting with my lenses, but have found shooting on primes a bit of a pain as time has progressed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nikon D2H & D2X which I use for snapping Aircraft at various airports around the uk & europe

live the life you love, love the life you live  

• 2 weeks later...

I used to hump one of those about every day for 15 years along with a Vinten tripod. And I don't miss it one bit!

At the moment I have a Canon R6 on loan from Canon to test out, a Sony A7III boxed for sale, and a Nikon Z6II in the camera bag. All down to ergonomics at the end of the day as they are all about equal in image quality with the Sony being slightly the worst. I may opt for an old Sony A9 purely for the silent shutter.

• 1 month later...
On 18/10/2021 at 19:40, Baddave said:

Had a bit of change of kit. 

Still use a boosted 7D but  have had a much  needed upgrade on the glass side of things.

Substituted the (freebie from Canon back in 2000) 28mm-105mm with a 28mm-135mm I.S

The 20yo Sigma 70mm-210mm f2.8  which has served it's  time and only works on Aperture priority at F2.8 on all but the very 1st EOS D bodies,has been upgraded to a  bargain find,L series 70-200 f2.8 I.S. 

I can see a definate improvement with the L series. 

Just added another Canon to the bag. 

Picked up a 1dX today. 

Had a little play with it and i'm liking it,which is just as well,as the 7D has started throwing an error message. Hipefully it's the common loose screw underneath the baseplate problem or maybe the little button battery. 

Will need to investigate,and if necessary,get it sent off for repair. 

Will use it as a 2nd body when I head over to the Normandy beaches etc and  Le Mans  in June. 

• 2 months later...

Hey all.. amateur photographer here.. going to thailand in couple of months. Will be travelling light but taking my sony a7iii hopefully with a couple of lenses..  only have primes though 135 and 35mm.. could do with something more versatile as hoping for some girl photography as well as the touristy stuff!

• 2 months later...

As a photographer for a living I feel like I should be bringing my gear and putting my craft into work, but the idea of lugging around all that magnesium and glass is unappealing. Doesn't help that I'm still using an ancient Canon 5D mk.III. Maybe it's time to move to a compact mirrorless or even a Fuji rangefinder.... With how good and convenient iPhone cameras are, it's hard to justify carrying extra gear.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For peace of mind when I go out, I often use a hidden charge camera to monitor things in the hotel to prevent hotel attendants from rummaging through my stuff, which I can check on my phone at any time, and to alert me on my phone if motion is detected.

Edited by Timothy Love

• 2 months later...

currently i use an olympus omd 5 mark 3 when i traveling around.

It is very light and easy to transport.

Also have some objetive for 25mm, 17mm, 45mm, 75mm 1.8 and 12-45 4.0