IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

13 games left and currently sitting on 31 points, the Fat One looks like doing his survival trick for the Toffees.

But is his brand of football one that the fans want to see ?

Is mere survival enough with a vague hope of a Europa cup place and a good cup run, maybe even getting to the quarter finals of the Milk Cup, sorry showing my age there, its known as the Who gives a shit unless its a semi final and the final cup, for the premiership clubs.

blue1878 what do you want to see in the summer ?

New manager and further squad strengthening or are you happy to keep Fat Sam and let him choose which players to bring in for his next campaign ?

I know your not mathematically safe yet but looking at your remaining fixtures another 13 points should be the minimum you expect.

8 hours ago, Gosh said:

13 games left and currently sitting on 31 points, the Fat One looks like doing his survival trick for the Toffees.

But is his brand of football one that the fans want to see ?

Is mere survival enough with a vague hope of a Europa cup place and a good cup run, maybe even getting to the quarter finals of the Milk Cup, sorry showing my age there, its known as the Who gives a shit unless its a semi final and the final cup, for the premiership clubs.

blue1878 what do you want to see in the summer ?

New manager and further squad strengthening or are you happy to keep Fat Sam and let him choose which players to bring in for his next campaign ?

I know your not mathematically safe yet but looking at your remaining fixtures another 13 points should be the minimum you expect.

Sam does have a negative reputation but I'm going to wait till the end of the season before deciding on weather or not we should keep him.  On a plus side two of his signings in January were attacking players Walcott & Tosun.  And on Wednesday Seamus Coleman came back after a bad injury and Coleman and Walcott linked up brilianlty on the right hand side when we were going forward.  Everton fans love creative attacking play so I will wait till the end of the season.  

In the summer we do need to strengthen the squad but even the sides doing well have to buy.  Certain area's of the squad do need strength in depth

I have to admit that on Saturday evening Everton in the first half against Arsenal were pathetic.  I felt sad for the Everton fans who went to North London to watch the game.  As usual we sold out the away end.  So a few thousand Evertonians spent there well earned money to travel down to London to support there team.  The fans turned up but the team didnt.  

Sam blamed the players but he has to take his far share of blame.  Team formation and tactics were wrong

PRESS CONFERENCE: ALLARDYCE ON Palace

Norwich City 0-1 Everton 1986-87

I need cheering up and searched for this video.  The last time we won the league was in 1986/87 season and the points that got us the title was a game at Norwich and I was there.  It was a May bank holiday  and it was a 3pm kick-off.  After the game we stopped of at a pub on the way home and celebrated in style.  I got to bed at 3am in the morning and started work 4 1/2 hours later

Edited by blue1878

CENTRE STAGE: DAVIES, KENNY & SNODS

Three Blues take centre stage at the Club's 2018/19 Season Ticket event, as ambassador Ian Snodin pokes fun at Tom Davies' style of rolling down his socks!

Everton V Crystal Palace | Match Preview

Well we won 3 - 1 yesterday against Crystal Palace.  In the first half we were dire but in the 2nd half we improved a lot.  Theo Walcott is proving to be a great buy.  It's strange that we are only 2 points behind the 7th placed team even though we have been very poor this season. 

Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace | Theo Has Suprised Me !! Three Talking Points

Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace | Time To Chase 7th Place

As Everton are out of the FA Cup they have flown out to Dubai for some warm weather training.

It's an hard life being a footballer :P

21 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

As Everton are out of the FA Cup they have flown out to Dubai for some warm weather training.

It's an hard life being a footballer :P

Hope some of the players don’t steal a taxi.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

17 hours ago, davidge said:

Hope some of the players don’t steal a taxi.

I think Dubai is one of the places that players wouldnt want to steal a taxi lol

• 2 weeks later...

Watford 1 - 0 Everton| Why Are We So F**king Negative?

Watford 1-0 Everton | This Away Form Nonsense Has To Stop | Three Talking Points

Watford 1-0 Everton | Player Ratings

Pienaar Retires | Everton News Daily

Interesting report on everton on bbc sport website. Go take a look.

fancy your chances at burnley tomorrow?

15 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Interesting report on everton on bbc sport website. Go take a look.

fancy your chances at burnley tomorrow?

Interesting read

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43248286

Evertons awat form has been poor but you never know we might just get a result at Burnley.  We are overdue a good away result

Burnley 2 Everton 1

Oh Dear :Hair_Out1:

Burnley 2-1 Everton | Tosun The Only Bright Spot ! | Three Talking Points

Burnley 2-1 Everton | Gutless Blues Lose Again

The brighton win over arsenal didn't help you much. 

The city win over chelsea was a nice one for us though.

• Like 1