IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Last nights performance was disappointing. Part of the reason might have been we were missing two influential midfield players but we still should have done better.  Leicester deserved the draw

5 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Last nights performance was disappointing. Part of the reason might have been we were missing two influential midfield players but we still should have done better.  Leicester deserved the draw

Sorry mate to say our performance was disappointing I think is an understatement, my opinion is that we were shocking especially 2nd half where we didn't have one decent attack, They bombarded us when they went forward and once again our midfield were non existent, I realise we were missing 2 good midfield players but those that were picked should have took there chance and made an impression on the game but they let Leicester,s midfield run the game and I think your comment that "Leicester deserved a draw " is also unfair I honestly think Leicester deserved all 3 points. 

Today we are at home to Newcastle United. And its the live game at 12:30 on BT Sport. On Wednesday we were poor against Leicester.  So we need to improve our game today

This afternoon I watched a very poor home performance against Newcastle.  I felt that two many players just didnt put in a performance

Josh King Signs For Everton

LEEDS UNITED V EVERTON | LIVE CARLO ANCELOTTI PRESS CONFERENCE

Leeds United V Everton | Match Preview

5 hours ago, gazO said:

These 2 do not sound very positive.

I know

I think its just because we are not playing well at the moment.  I say not playing well. The defense is doing OK but we are not playing well going forward.

Also I think this is a strange season as we are playing better away from home than at home. I think we and all teams are missing the home crowds. So the home team I think have teams lost an advantage.  Our last two games were at home and we only picked up 1 point. I think we might do better tonight because we are the away team.  Thats what I'm hoping for fingers crossed lol

gaz0 I see our game is live on BT Sport tonight.  I'll be watching it with a few cans of craft beer

On 02/02/2021 at 11:35, blue1878 said:

Josh King Signs For Everton

I dot really know much about Josh king so I can't really pass comment on him,Do you know much about him and if so what is your own opinion of him ?

A blow for Leeds ahead of tonight's game against Everton, with the news that Jordan Pickford misses out through injury.

:WhoSaw1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

17 hours ago, keverton said:

I dot really know much about Josh king so I can't really pass comment on him,Do you know much about him and if so what is your own opinion of him ?

I also don't know much about him.  Whenever I watched him when he was at Bournmouth I never really noticed him

12 hours ago, davidge said:

A blow for Leeds ahead of tonight's game against Everton, with the news that Jordan Pickford misses out through injury.

He's Englands number 1 so I don't know what you mean lol

Well we won last night at Leeds.

Leeds dominated the game but we got the goals that won the game

If I was a Leeds fan I'd be very disappointed

13 hours ago, davidge said:

Even some evertonians might say you've got a point there lol

53 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I thought first half we were pretty good, at least we were attacking or trying too, but 2nd half we just sat back inviting them forward, I couldn't understand the change of tactics to be honest

1 hour ago, keverton said:

I thought first half we were pretty good, at least we were attacking or trying too, but 2nd half we just sat back inviting them forward, I couldn't understand the change of tactics to be honest

Hi keverton I'm not sure if I agree with your 2nd half assment.  Leeds got a very early goal in the 2nd half which gave them confidance and the believe that they could still get a result. So that put us on the back foot

4 hours ago, blue1878 said:

I am should have got at least a draw 

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Hi keverton I'm not sure if I agree with your 2nd half assment.  Leeds got a very early goal in the 2nd half which gave them confidance and the believe that they could still get a result. So that put us on the back foot

Yes I agree with your assessment but for us to just sit back was inviting them to attack, I realise they got confidence from their goal and they had to go forward and we were on the back foot but I don't like that we were just booti g the ball clear without tryi g to find a teamate consequently it was coming straight back and putting us under constant pressure whereas in the first half we were knocking it around and going forward, I'm not really knocking the teams performance I just don't ike it when we sit back and seem happy to soak up the pressure instead of controlling the ball and give them something to think about, You might think 'm being a bit harsh but we proved in the first half we could hurt them going forward and as I said the pattern of our play changed in the second half and personally I didn't think it needed too

Everton survive late Leeds rally to secure rare Elland Road win | Leeds 1-2 Everton | EPL Highlights

LEEDS 1 V 2 EVERTON | BACK IN THE HUNT FOR EUROPE

Player Ratings! | Leeds United 1-2 Everton!

Everton got a good result at Old Trafford last night.  I think we deserved the draw

54 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

Everton got a good result at Old Trafford last night.  I think we deserved the draw

Yes, it was a good result for Everton and no you didn't deserve the draw.