IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Well tomorrow night we are playing at home to Manchester United in the Q/F's of the cup.  I think it can go ither way but I'm hoping it will be Everton going through to the semi's.

EVERTON V MANCHESTER UNITED MATCH PREVIEW | CARABAO CUP QUARTER FINAL

Everton V Manchester United | Match Preview

Toffees Set To Offer Digne New Contract? | Everton News Daily

Well last night we got beat at home by Manchester United.  

United deserved there win they were the better team on the night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

They were indeed. Won a few quid on that as well. 

19 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

If EFL cup was on VAR , might be a different result . 

8 hours ago, jocky king said:

If EFL cup was on VAR , might be a different result . 

I didnt see the game live on tv as I don't have Sky Sports so I just listened to it live on the radio.  A couple of decisions seemed to go Utd's way which could have changed the game but 11 against 11 sadly we were always 2nd best

Edited by blue1878

12 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

I didnt see the game live on tv as I don't have Sky Sports so I just listened to it live on the radio.  A couple of decisions seemed to go Utd's way which could have changed the game but 11 against 11 sadly we were always 2nd best

You should get a media box that can show live football and all the sports in the world , I pay €37 for three months  , no contract . Only if you have a internet broadband at home ... 

Not a great game last night but we won and got the 3 points that took us up to 2nd place.  So had a few beers to celebrate  :Chokdee: :Chokdee:

1 hour ago, blue1878 said:

Not a great game last night but we won and got the 3 points that took us up to 2nd place.  So had a few beers to celebrate  :Chokdee: :Chokdee:

It certainly wasn't a great game and I wasn't impressed by the way efc played but as you say most importantly we got the 3 points but there is still room for improvement especially in midfieldand  although im one of his fiercest critics i thought davies had a decent game.

21 hours ago, keverton said:

It certainly wasn't a great game and I wasn't impressed by the way efc played but as you say most importantly we got the 3 points but there is still room for improvement especially in midfieldand  although im one of his fiercest critics i thought davies had a decent game.

I think because of the injuries we've had recently our manager has concentrated on our defence.  Making it hard for teams to brake us down. And in recent games is plan has worked.  So we don't always look good going forward. Hopefully when we get players back we will be more attractive football 

Unconfirmed reports that Everton vs Manchester City has been called off after five further City staff tested positive for Covid-19.

Edit: now confirmed by Man City club statement:

Manchester City FC can confirm that this evening’s Premier League fixture at Everton has been postponed.

After the latest round of Covid-19 testing, the club returned a number of positive cases, in addition to the four already reported on Christmas Day. 

With the security of the bubble compromised, there posed a risk that the virus could spread further amongst the squad, the staff and potentially beyond.

Based on strong medical advice the Premier League, in consultation with both clubs, have decided to postpone the fixture.

All positive cases involving players and staff will observe a period of self-isolation in accordance with Premier League and UK Government protocol on quarantine. The first team training ground at City Football Academy will close for an indeterminate period, with the squad and associated bubble undergoing testing before any decision is made for training to resume.

Everyone at the Club wishes all of our colleagues a speedy recovery ahead of their return to work, training and competition.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Well as davidge has already reported last nights game got called of because of covid.  Hopefully all at Man City will be OK

BREAKING! Man City's game at Everton has been postponed due to virus outbreak within their bubble

LIVE EVERTON V WEST HAM UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE | ANCELOTTI PREVIEWS NEW YEAR'S DAY ENCOUNTER

EVERTON V WEST HAM MATCH PREVIEW WITH THE WEST HAM WAY | HAPPY NEW YEAR (GOODBYE 2020!)

Last night we were very disappointing and didnt deserve anything from the game.  We had just won 4 games in a row so before the game I thought we had a good chance of making it 5 in a row.  One should not take anything for granted. Defensively we were OK but going forward we were to slow.  Never mind we just have to look forward to our next game

Everton 0-1 West Ham | 3 Talking Points

Everton 0-1 West Ham United | Instant Match Reaction

2 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Last night we were very disappointing and didnt deserve anything from the game.  We had just won 4 games in a row so before the game I thought we had a good chance of making it 5 in a row.  One should not take anything for granted. Defensively we were OK but going forward we were to slow.  Never mind we just have to look forward to our next game

Sorry mate " "never mind we just have to look forwardto our next game " doesn't cut it with me, we have been saying that and similar comments for years, Everton were absolutely garbage last night, there are players in that team/squad that have had chance after chance to prove themselves and let's face it they just aren't good enough, seriously do you think Davies or siggy would get a regular game in any of the top ten teams, not just those two, Bernard does the odd trick and decent cross but doesn't bring anything else to the team, not just those 3 but others are too complacent, they think they can turn up and just put in a token effort, it just isnt good enough, let's hope the manager gets to spend a few quid in the transfer window and get some good players in and get shut of the crap he had to choose from week in and week out.

4 hours ago, keverton said:

Sorry mate " "never mind we just have to look forwardto our next game " doesn't cut it with me, we have been saying that and similar comments for years, Everton were absolutely garbage last night, there are players in that team/squad that have had chance after chance to prove themselves and let's face it they just aren't good enough, seriously do you think Davies or siggy would get a regular game in any of the top ten teams, not just those two, Bernard does the odd trick and decent cross but doesn't bring anything else to the team, not just those 3 but others are too complacent, they think they can turn up and just put in a token effort, it just isnt good enough, let's hope the manager gets to spend a few quid in the transfer window and get some good players in and get shut of the crap he had to choose from week in and week out.

Mate I agree with your comments but we now have a manager who will hopefully bring in decent players and get rid of the deadwood.  So at the moment its a work in progress.  I think we need at least two maybe three more transfers to get us where the manager and us fans want the club.  So at the moment all we can do is forget about the last game and look forward to the next game.

Tomorrow is FA Cup day and we are playing Rotherham at home.  We should win but it could be a banana skin of a game. Hopefully it won't.  I wish I was at Goodison Park to watch the game

Well yesterday I was able to watch Everton's game against Rotherham live on TV. We didnt really play all that well but at least we won and are now in the 4th round of the cup.  Our form at the moment isnt good but hopefully our manager can sort that out in training