Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Farang beggars and scroungers

pattayaguru

about 8 months ago i was sitting outside a internet shop pinching there wi-fi with a friend, a farang approached me early 50s said he was from sweden or norway i forget where he told me about a week earlier he had been robbed his room burglared and asked if i knew of any swedish or norwegian bars he said he havent eaten for 2 days and was trying to raise some bus money to go to bangkok to get a new passport from embassy

Over the years i met many "beggars scrounger" with all different stories to extract money for beer short times etc from farang was naturally suspicious didnt believe his story sent him on his way,

A few weeks later walking back to my room i was in soi diana and he approached me again he obviously didnt remember me and gave me the same story

room burglared a week earlier needed money for a bus to go to bangkok to the embassy to get a new passport issued I said you dont remember me

and mentioned that 4/5 weeks earlier he told me the same story he went red in the face and walked off

Now if every farang he met gave him 100 baht with his fake sob story hes on to a good thing,

i met a few with sob stories some genuine some not most of the non genuine cases have pissed there money away or shagged there money away on girls

So any you guys met farang scroungers with sob stories hoping to extract cash from you with the intending use for beer short times etc ?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it's not right but then neither is stealing wifi :D

I've seen a couple, one in CM ant the other a rather infamous french woman who ran this scam in BKK for quite a while - there are a few ppl here who have probably met her.

I agree it's not right but then neither is stealing wifi :D

hahahah serpentine not quite the same

It's funny you mention that i was approached the other day outside my condo by someone asking if any Norwegians lived in the condo. He had 'lost' his money and needed help. He didn't seem to want to tap me though, probably knew that all Brits were skint.

It's funny you mention that i was approached the other day outside my condo by someone asking if any Norwegians lived in the condo. He had 'lost' his money and needed help. He didn't seem to want to tap me though, probably knew that all Brits were skint.

the guy did not tap me either he was waiting for me to offer could be same guy from what i remember of him he was about 5,11 tall stocky spoke english well enough

A few weeks later walking back to my room i was in soi diana and he approached me again he obviously didnt remember me and gave me the same story room burglared a week earlier needed money for a bus to go to bangkok to the embassy to get a new passport issued I said you dont remember me and mentioned that 4/5 weeks earlier he told me the same story he went red in the face and walked off

I know what I will be saying to the next similar bullshit story I get....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

A lot of farangs who live in Pattaya are basically living hand to mouth. A good few guys especially from the UK should go home and start earning a living instead of staying out here and trying to kid people that they are living the dream.

You Dont Need Eyes To See

You Need Vision

Easy to get caught up in the pattaya lifestyle and not want to leave. Does anyone actually want to leave?

I have seen the old English(?) guy who spends his days collecting plastic bottle's along beach road a few times. I assume that he must sell these somewhere as the times that I have seen him he is like a pack mule he is carrying so many.

Personally if you are that skint I can’t see the point in staying in Pattaya - it is better to be skint in the UK than LOS as the UK on benefits is a virtual paradise compared to scraping by in LOS.

I have seen the old English(?) guy who spends his days collecting plastic bottle's along beach road a few times. I assume that he must sell these somewhere as the times that I have seen him he is like a pack mule he is carrying so many.

Personally if you are that skint I can’t see the point in staying in Pattaya - it is better to be skint in the UK than LOS as the UK on benefits is a virtual paradise compared to scraping by in LOS.

there are 2 guys collecting plastic bottles on the beach 1 tall skinny guy wears glasses and older guy about late 50,s short

The tall skinny guy works hard collecting bottles does about 6/7 lengths of the whole beach from Walking Street to Soi 6

he has a motor bike , and a thai lady wife or girlfriend at least he tries to make money he has a place somewhere in pattaya and he does ok with collecting bottles said to me pays for his food for 2 everyday and keeps him fit he says

and dont like the idea of begging for money hence plastic bottle and aluminium can collecting He told me he has money

to go home but rather collect plastic and alumminium cans than go home and be depressed

but rather different to someone begging for money because he blew his money on beer and pussy and wants the rest of the farang to supplement his beer money or pussy money then its time for someone like that to go home.

There is 1 farang i know been there long time who bums of girls bums food and money for beer from the UK who is a pisshead alcoholic who hangs around with another american alcoholic who does the same people like him i detest

i saw these 2 scroungers sitting outside a internet shop pinching there wi-fi the other day, does that count?

Hello Guys, funny topic actually.... Let me share a thread I started on Philippines Addicts a while ago in regards to foreign beggars, in this case Angeles City:

Warning! Known foreign beggar scammer in Angeles City!

begger.jpg

begger1.jpg

This guy goes around the streets of Angeles City begging for money. His general scam / story is he an American from San Diego down on his luck or just got out of jail and needs a bit of cash or several variations thereof. I've literally hurt dozens of stories and the guy has been around in Angeles for over a year now.

I call the guy Dobbs from the classic movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madre starring Humphrey Bogart (Fred C Dobbs), the classic quote is here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040897/quotes

Can you help a fellow American or Are you an American?

It's funny, I was talking to a friend of mine in Tequila Reef just today and he said the guy hit him up at the money changers over on Fields Avenue across from Genesis in front of Extasy... Guess he stays around the money changing areas.... He's also spotted constantly around Margarita Station as there are several money changers there...

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Well at least it makes a change from the sick buffalo story

(/y)

Laughable ! If you have a genuine problem with money or passport, your embassy will help you out without having to debase yourself in public. It's a different story with collecting plastic - they're tidying the beach and supporting themselves. I can't see a problem with that. I've seen a few obvious farang down-and-outs, but never had one approach me for cash.

I did get approached by a guy in AC (not sure if the same guy in picture) with a story about buying baby food (baby in arms). Pretty low in my opinion. How come the police don't act on it - no money in it for them ? :rolleyes:

No way cant beleive this! It has to be the same guy but he approached me must be 2 and half years ago on soi diana late one night i was pissed and heading back to my room when he asked if i was swedish i told me the exact same story that he had been broken into and everything stolen including passport and needed to get to the embassy in bangkok! cant beleive he is still knocking about after 2 and half years giving the same story. Had he got shaggy fair hair? The guy that approached me was swedish and in his fifties stocky and shaggy fair hair and i think he had a small back pack on him!

i have been known to do it near the end of the month. If you don't want to give, simple as that.

All donations appreciated. Hug1.gif

about 8 months ago i was sitting outside a internet shop pinching there wi-fi with a friend, a farang approached me early 50s said he was from sweden or norway i forget where he told me about a week earlier he had been robbed his room burglared and asked if i knew of any swedish or norwegian bars he said he havent eaten for 2 days and was trying to raise some bus money to go to bangkok to get a new passport from embassy

Over the years i met many "beggars scrounger" with all different stories to extract money for beer short times etc from farang was naturally suspicious didnt believe his story sent him on his way,

A few weeks later walking back to my room i was in soi diana and he approached me again he obviously didnt remember me and gave me the same story

room burglared a week earlier needed money for a bus to go to bangkok to the embassy to get a new passport issued I said you dont remember me

and mentioned that 4/5 weeks earlier he told me the same story he went red in the face and walked off

Now if every farang he met gave him 100 baht with his fake sob story hes on to a good thing,

i met a few with sob stories some genuine some not most of the non genuine cases have pissed there money away or shagged there money away on girls

So any you guys met farang scroungers with sob stories hoping to extract cash from you with the intending use for beer short times etc ?

funny, i was eating at Leng Kee restaurant about 4 mths ago and this same bloke came to me and asked the same questions. he asked me where to meet swedish ppl, i told him to try the swedish bars, he said he got kicked out of them all, then he said he needed to get to the embassy to get a new passport as it had been stolen and that everyone told him to catch a bus, and he said,"the funny thing is, I dont even have 100 baht to catch a bus to bangkok" then i said well good luck finding it.

Ill gladly give 100 baht to anyone, i dont give a fuck, but dont give me some bullshit story! If u cant afford to stay in patts, FUCK OFF HOME!!!

hmm I came across a similar story last week in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I was walking along the riverside one afternoon, and this guy approached me and started asking personal questions like what am I doing in PP, what is my job etc. Anyway he then explains that he's from Laos (I don't know if this was true - he looked kind of asian but seemed to have an American accent, and obviously had excellent english, and that last week his hotel room was broken into and all his stuff was stolen and he was asking if I knew anyone who could help him as he needed to get a bus home to Laos. I said no I didn't know anyone in PP, and made my excuses and left before he could hit me up for some cash!

Also about 3 weeks ago walking along the beach side of the road in Pattaya at around 3am, there was a couple of English guys aged 50ish drinking, and as I walked past they asked if I could lend them money for a beer. I was pretty drunk at this point so I just gave them 20b and walked away.

No way cant beleive this! It has to be the same guy but he approached me must be 2 and half years ago on soi diana late one night i was pissed and heading back to my room when he asked if i was swedish i told me the exact same story that he had been broken into and everything stolen including passport and needed to get to the embassy in bangkok! cant beleive he is still knocking about after 2 and half years giving the same story. Had he got shaggy fair hair? The guy that approached me was swedish and in his fifties stocky and shaggy fair hair and i think he had a small back pack on him!

yes sounds like the guyi was talking about when i started this thread same description small backpack included be good if someone photographed him and put it on PA so members know his face ., think if he made 1000baht a day this way minimum in high season he payed for his room and food

I used to see these guys in Bangkok mostly - the Curt Cobain look-a-likes who came, enjoyed the party a bit too much and got stuck. There was a 50-something guy with a sign outside the Asok BTS station saying he had lost eveything - he was there for both of my trips that year. They have started tpo make their way to Pats in recent years as well. It shows that there is a nightmare built into any dream if the dreamer allows it to come out by sleeping too long.

about a year ago I had an English bloke in his mid thirties a few teeth missing the rest decayed approach me with the same story he had his passport and money stolen , he wanted money to get to British Embassy in BKK, his pitch was if I gave him my e-mail he would get in touch and send me the money when he got home.

Anyway after I stopped crying and wiped the tears from my eye, I softly said to him hit the road cunt Bangkoks that way start walking, when you get tired of walking try running.

he said,"the funny thing is, I dont even have 100 baht to catch a bus to bangkok"

If he was really desperate, he'd have asked for 40B for the train. :GoldenSmile1:

sgu_banner.gif

The 1st time I got hit up for money by a farang in Thailand I have to admit I was suckered in (this was before the internet), his sob story of being robbed, hungry, no money...bla bla bla earned him 200 of my baht. Now when someone pretending to be a robbed & broke tourist hits me up for money I listen to their "sob" story knowing full well it's fake, if they don't say they are hungry, I will ask them if there're hungry, when they say "yes, I'm hungry" (and they ALWAYS do) I tell them they can get kow mung gai/chicken & rice for 25 baht of a street cart. The look on their face is priceless.

Archived