IGNORED

Farang beggars and scroungers

pattayaguru

I got some clothes I dont need and was thinking yesterday I'll offer him a few things next time I see this guy.

There was this mad Thai beggar getting around the streets in Khon Kaen when I was living there, this guys clothes were in shreds, you could see his dick and his nuts through the ripped clothing. So I put some clothes I no longer needed in my car and then the next time I saw this guy I stopped and gave him my used clothing - a pair of trousers and a business shirt and a nice belt. After that he was the best dressed beggar in KK.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is German, a regular of mine collected up some clothes for him and offered them to him and apparently told the good Samaritan he didn't want clothes he wanted Money, needless to say he got nothing.

I offered this guy food, water and some money last week and i was told where to go!

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

I offered this guy food, water and some money last week and i was told where to go!

Really? So he has a bad attitude as well. Thanks for telling us that, guess I'll mind my own business and just ignore him.

so obviously there are mental health problems with this guy if he is refusing food, clothing and money maybe he is set on self destruct

i,m sure this is the same guy i saw about a year on corner of buakhow and chaiyapoon sleeping in shop doorway

I saw that Soi Diana begger going into the 7-11 today so obviously he's got some money, he's either got savings or some source of income. Perhaps he's a pinp and has half a dozen Thai bitches working for him...

Anyone know what the story is with the tall, black haired, one flip flop scrounger that hangs around soi Diana is?

I tryed talking to him last week but he was out of his mind on something..

He does not seem to be scrounging, he has lost his mind. I see him a lot and he never asks anyone for anything, in fact he is not at all conversational, when I asked him where he was from he just said 'Europe' and would not elaborate. I gave him a cigarette and 20 baht and left him to it. Apparently the authorities are reluctant to take him into custody because he is bahtless, stinks to high heaven and the other inmates would raise merry hell if they were forced to share a communal cell with him. PC Plod are probably none too keen to have him in the police station either.

I also remember seeying him in soi honey.He looked just horrible asked the girls whats the deal with him.

Girls response was that he was involved with a thai girl he was left penniless.After she left him he just went

insane apearently he invested everything he had into her.

EDIT: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2011/Soi-LK-Metro-Pattaya.htm

i found a article about this guy.Some info about him

i feel sorry for those kind of people and try to help,, but they need to help them selves and get back on there feet

Really? So he has a bad attitude as well. Thanks for telling us that, guess I'll mind my own business and just ignore him.

Maybe he just doesnt like the kebabs from the stand outside the 711! I tryed twice with him and got no where, so from now on i'll just ignore him i suppose.

So you never wanted a regular type life?

What the fuck is that...? Barbeques and ballgames?

I nannot for life of me understand why anybody would want to travel half way round the world to a third world country to go and beg and scrounge I wouldn't even want to be in a situation where I had to watch my pennies let alone begging .to me that is just unthinkable .Just cannot get my head round it .there is enought poverty in Thailand and I don't think they need us adding to it

If you read the small blurb about this lost soul from the link pykota posted (way way down toward the bottom of stickman travel story - with picture of the guy), you'll see he appears to have psychological issues.

There but by the grace of Buddha go I...

please remember to give till it hurts....

cheers

bert :Anger:

(I hate these buggers too. also the douches that ride around on motorbikes shouting from the soi "hey mate you speak english?")

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

about 8 months ago i was sitting outside a internet shop pinching there wi-fi with a friend, a farang approached me early 50s said he was from sweden or norway i forget where he told me about a week earlier he had been robbed his room burglared and asked if i knew of any swedish or norwegian bars he said he havent eaten for 2 days and was trying to raise some bus money to go to bangkok to get a new passport from embassy

Many riff raffs from the nordic countries go to Pattaya to either hide or just to get away. These people have no control up here or when they go abroad. Same shit different place..Embarrasing..

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

I must confess I'm one of those suckers that if a fellow countryman came up to me and needed help I would help them. I believe in karma that what you give you get in return but after reading the stories here I'll probably be more wary. :Think1:

I nannot for life of me understand why anybody would want to travel half way round the world to a third world country to go and beg and scrounge I wouldn't even want to be in a situation where I had to watch my pennies let alone begging .to me that is just unthinkable .Just cannot get my head round it .there is enought poverty in Thailand and I don't think they need us adding to it

I very much doubt that any of them 'want' to find themselves in such a situation.

about 8 months ago i was sitting outside a internet shop pinching there wi-fi with a friend, a farang approached me early 50s said he was from sweden or norway i forget where he told me about a week earlier he had been robbed his room burglared and asked if i knew of any swedish or norwegian bars he said he havent eaten for 2 days and was trying to raise some bus money to go to bangkok to get a new passport from embassy

Many riff raffs from the nordic countries go to Pattaya to either hide or just to get away. These people have no control up here or when they go abroad. Same shit different place..Embarrasing

[/quote

Did this Swede have a pony tail and was he about 175 cms tall. A fellow approached me some time back with a similar story asking about Scandinavian bars.

He is German, a regular of mine collected up some clothes for him and offered them to him and apparently told the good Samaritan he didn't want clothes he wanted Money, needless to say he got nothing.

The guy is walking around with only one sandal. I just bought a new pair so I was going to give him my old ones - sounds like he wouldn't take them anyway though.

yes this guy had a ponytail had a small rucksack slung over his shoulders and bit of a belly on him looked clean and tidy

but re the other guy people are talking about sleeps out in sois its obviouse there are mental health probs and people dont know the damage done to him mentally and whats floating around in his head, has anybody tried to befriend him ?

anybody who has suffered depression or mental health probs will have a idea whats going on in his head but yes he should go home and get treatment but he is oblivous to that fact

thailand is not the place for him now with his mental health probs sometimes he doesnt want help but when people are depressed what do most people dop shut them selves away in there home this guy has shut the world out of his head trying to forget what made him turn this way

maybe people should still try and help after all he is suffering mentally.

yes this guy had a ponytail had a small rucksack slung over his shoulders and bit of a belly on him looked clean and tidy

but re the other guy people are talking about sleeps out in sois its obviouse there are mental health probs and people dont know the damage done to him mentally and whats floating around in his head, has anybody tried to befriend him ?

anybody who has suffered depression or mental health probs will have a idea whats going on in his head but yes he should go home and get treatment but he is oblivous to that fact

thailand is not the place for him now with his mental health probs sometimes he doesnt want help but when people are depressed what do most people dop shut them selves away in there home this guy has shut the world out of his head trying to forget what made him turn this way

maybe people should still try and help after all he is suffering mentally.

'yes this guy had a ponytail had a small rucksack slung over his shoulders and bit of a belly on him looked clean and tidy'

He's here now, I saw him walking along Soi Lengkee a couple of days ago. I was not sure but I am now. I lent him 500 baht about 18 months ago on the condition he phoned me and repaid it. Needless to say I never received the call so next time I see him he'll get a tap on the shoulder.

As you say he was presentable, about 44, had a roundish face, a ponytail, was around 175 cms, had been robbed and was asking after the location of Norwegian and Swedish bars.

well i first saw him about 18 months ago so he,s been at it a while he must be making a good living from his story it be good to see a photo of him

on the forum anyone can grab a photo and post it on here so other members dont get taken in

Well as i said in an earlier post it was august 2008 when he approached me at the corner of soi diana and soi bukhoa so its been 3 years hes been at it with the same story and god knows how long he has been at it before then!

Well as i said in an earlier post it was august 2008 when he approached me at the corner of soi diana and soi bukhoa so its been 3 years hes been at it with the same story and god knows how long he has been at it before then!

well be must be doing well with his begging stories and conning money out of unsupecting tourists bet he,s staying in a nice condo and having

girls paid for by other farang who give him money

to think free room, free sex, free food paid for by tourists you have to admire him in some weird way

Similar experience to pattayaguru, a few years back I was approached by the French woman with a young girl in tow on Sukhumvit in Bangkok. At the time I didn't know how (in)famous she is. She claimed to have had everything stolen, needed money to get to the airport and pay a fee for replacement tickets, and needed it urgently as the flight was in a few hours. I was almost convinced, mainly because she was a woman with a child, but wanted to be sure. So I offered to go with her to the airport, and of course she then had to make stupid excuses and it was immediately clear that it was a scam.

A few months later she approached me again, almost exactly the same place, with pretty much the same story. I listened for a while and just kept smiling, eventually I think it must have dawned on her what had happened and she broke off in the middle of a sentence, turned, and walked away.

Archived