IGNORED

Farang beggars and scroungers

pattayaguru

Just want to throw this out as a quick warning. The is a farang is his mid to late 20's walking around Soi 7 in red board shorts, no shoes, and no shirt, with some tats begging for money. Says he lost everything on Walking Street. I had been warned about this guy from a bar girl who had helped him out with 400 baht to get a room. I told him to go to the police station on Soi 9 and have them call the embassy then he took off. Just a heads up.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the warning. awhile back i was in burger king on beach road and there's an irish guy with his head in his hands, wailing like a crazy person. his mate was at the counter telling everyone else he was having a bad reaction to the alcohol, and he just needed a burger but they had no money (!!). Guy's screaming louder and louder, everyone's scared to say anything. finally i say "look mate, we're all waiting to buy our meals. take your mate home and get him in bed, he's screwed up" the guy then gets aggressive and wants to fight. so i tell him he best back off and i don't back down. MAGIC - the "fucked up" guy all of a sudden leaps up and comes over to me, nothing wrong with him, and gets in my face. Then it dawns on them that they just let the cat out of the bag and everyone there is looking at them like they're idiots. they left, muttering under their breath...

Does anyone know what really happened with the German guy in the pic who used to hang around Soi Diana - Soi Bukhao - LK Metro?

He was reported to have been picked up by the police last October and hasn't been seen since then, although one report claimed he'd been sighted in Bangkok not long ago.

The man was in dire need of help. He had a terribly infected foot and leg. I tried to speak with him on several occasions. Once he answered rationally and in good English, but declined my offer of food, money or clothing. He asked me if I knew of a hotel with a dinner buffet!!!! The other times he was either too far gone to answer or he just shrugged me off.

I hope he was sent back to Germany to get the help he needed, but does anyone really know?

Evil

The pic is from Stickman's site:

Crazy-German-Pattaya.jpg

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I embarressingly have had to beg for a few bob at the end of a hol

im self employed so no holiday pay

no matter how much I take to Thailand it's never enough!

at the end of the hol im getting by on pennys and jus want a burger king at the airport or something before I can get back to UK an work!

at the end of the hol im getting by on pennys and jus want a burger king at the airport or something before I can get back to UK an work!

If you can not afford it then don't go !

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

A lot of farangs who live in Pattaya are basically living hand to mouth. A good few guys especially from the UK should go home and start earning a living instead of staying out here and trying to kid people that they are living the dream.

I couldn't imagine a more dreary and kafkaesque experience than being reduced to begging in LOS, with ot without a mental illness.

Still, I'm surprised it exists in any capacity, to be honest.

Surely when one has overstayed one's visa, you are now in Thailand illegally, and once you have maximised the fineable overstay period, is the punishment not prison and/or deportation, and then a blacklist?

Why do the Thai police turn a blind eye for so long?,

Is it a case of they can't be arsed becuase it is not within their immediate economic self-intrest? i.e. a broke farang cannot be extorted and is therefore not worth the time, when it far easier to swoop down on scooter drivers and motorists with the trangression du jour?

it boggles my mind to even read such a post. maybe it has to do with a person's upbringing or whatnot, but no matter what the circumstances, there's no way in hell i would ever beg for anything from anyone. I would be too embarassed. If i ran out of cash and i was super desperate, the lowest i would sink would be to go into a business and tell them my situation and ask them to please let me do some work for them to raise a bit of cash. but begging on the street or in the airport? I'd rather die honestly.

Why do the Thai police turn a blind eye for so long?,

Is it a case of they can't be arsed becuase it is not within their immediate economic self-intrest? i.e. a broke farang cannot be extorted and is therefore not worth the time, when it far easier to swoop down on scooter drivers and motorists with the trangression du jour?

exactly correct, couldn't have said it better myself.

tbh bud most people have a few baht left which is all that's needed

and it depends how you ask/explain

but that bahts no good to them back home

so people havnt ever minded ;)

about a year ago I had an English bloke in his mid thirties a few teeth missing the rest decayed approach me with the same story he had his passport and money stolen , he wanted money to get to British Embassy in BKK, his pitch was if I gave him my e-mail he would get in touch and send me the money when he got home.

Anyway after I stopped crying and wiped the tears from my eye, I softly said to him hit the road cunt Bangkoks that way start walking, when you get tired of walking try running.

That was me. I'm not English but with my bad teeth and all I have trouble pronouncing my words and I come out sounding English.

• 2 weeks later...

Easy to get caught up in the pattaya lifestyle and not want to leave. Does anyone actually want to leave?

My life will never be the same, the food, the ladies...the 400 baht fines...ect ect ect

saw an old farang once behind one of the bars in soi 7. I was playing pool and this guy was lying under a bench talking and singing to himself, drinking a bottle of chang.

obviously an alcholic or mental problems. very sad to see. i had no idea how this guy was managing to stay alive.

The woman in the picture above isn't easily disturbed. She sits calmly beside an unconscious homeless guy. Looks like she is writing a postcard. I don't think I'd want to do that,

My dad used to say that if you're approached by anyone with a hard-luck story and feel like doing a good deed, offer to buy him food at whatever place is cheapest. Noodles from a street stall, for example. Anyone who is really hungry won't refuse, but a scammer will.

Evil

:Agree1:

The side effect problem here is that it just makes the Local Thais generallize that all the foreigners here are bums . Thais dont like foreigners anyway and this just makes things worse.

The other morning in Pattaya I had to tell a foreigner that he should use public toilets instead of being in plain sight..

• 2 weeks later...

Rule of thumb in Thailand is that if any stranger approaches you keep on walking and dont stop to talk to them.

Invariably they are all scroungers and/or scammers.

This has served me well for many years.

I have to ask one more time - does anyone know what happened to the German guy whose pic is in post #103?

Evil

I have to ask one more time - does anyone know what happened to the German guy whose pic is in post #103?

Evil

I seem to recall that he was picked up by the cops at one point but released shortly thereafter. The story goes that he has residency so they can't deport him, and his Embassy (he's German) have their hands tied because he refuses to leave Thailand voluntarily.

Stickman said that he first appeared, in much the same condition, in BKK. Somehow, he managed to get himself down to Pattaya and continued his vagrant lifestyle. It is entirely possible that he wandered back up to BKK, or that his mental condition deteriorated to the point where he was involuntarily repatriated.

Used to be seen around the LK/Soi Diana area a lot. I wonder if anyone in town has seen him recently?

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I wonder if anyone in town has seen him recently?

A Pattaya newspaper said last October that he had been picked up by the police, but then released.The reports on some boards were that he had been picked up a second time and no one has seen him since then.

Just wondering if anyone knew the real outcome of this very unfortunate story. I spoke with the poor guy several times. I offered him help (food, money, to buy him clothes) but he declined each time. Another time I saw him he was incoherent and it would have been unwise to approach him in that state.

What I do know is if he didn't get that infected foot treated, he ran a big risk of gangrene.

Evil

A Pattaya newspaper said last October that he had been picked up by the police, but then released.The reports on some boards were that he had been picked up a second time and no one has seen him since then.

Just wondering if anyone knew the real outcome of this very unfortunate story. I spoke with the poor guy several times. I offered him help (food, money, to buy him clothes) but he declined each time. Another time I saw him he was incoherent and it would have been unwise to approach him in that state.

What I do know is if he didn't get that infected foot treated, he ran a big risk of gangrene.

Evil

A friend of mine gave him 20b and he threw it in the bin. I also wouldn't mind knowing where he ended up.

to me if someone is begging hes a low life

or mentaly unbalanced and should be locked up in a mental institution until hes back to normal

no matter where you are you can work for food

if you going on vacation you should have a credit card in case of an emergency

• 4 weeks later...

good tips how to avoid wankers who scam, thanks guys, i really needed to know this to be more aware

I was drinking in a bar on soi lengkee playing pool with a girl and a apparently drunk Belgian guy with a black eye challenged me to a game. Played a couple of games and though he acted drunk I started to suspect he wasn't as wasted as he appeared sure enough he challenged me to a game for money 200bhat I agreed and won we played again got to the point where he owed me 800bhat and I wanted to leave to go meet some friends. He wasn't very happy and asked for double or nothing I refused as i had to go and unsurprisingly he refused to pay up. I just left couldn't be bothered causing a scene over something so trivial but thought to myself now i know how he got his black eye and also that if your going to embark on a career as a pool shark being good at pool would be a real advantage this guy was shit!

I was drinking in a bar on soi lengkee playing pool with a girl and a apparently drunk Belgian guy with a black eye challenged me to a game. Played a couple of games and though he acted drunk I started to suspect he wasn't as wasted as he appeared sure enough he challenged me to a game for money 200bhat I agreed and won we played again got to the point where he owed me 800bhat and I wanted to leave to go meet some friends. He wasn't very happy and asked for double or nothing I refused as i had to go and unsurprisingly he refused to pay up. I just left couldn't be bothered causing a scene over something so trivial but thought to myself now i know how he got his black eye and also that if your going to embark on a career as a pool shark being good at pool would be a real advantage this guy was shit!

that was a great story, laughed my ass off, have to beware of those useless pool sharks, hahahahaah

or mentaly unbalanced and should be locked up in a mental institution until hes back to normal

Talking about mentally unbalanced ... guess you can lock up a lot more guys in Pattaya .

Easy to get caught up in the pattaya lifestyle and not want to leave. Does anyone actually want to leave?

Not really. But someone should get on a real payroll

Archived