IGNORED

Whats Your Favorite Local Fruit?

anybody know's about "durian" ?

It stinks terribly but Thais love it.

In some hotels it is forbidden to take them in the lift.

Dragon Fruit Serve it chilled YUM

Only really tried two types of fruit in Thailand and both where amazing, one had a reddy green flesh with soft spikes you peeled off and had a stone inside. Other one looked like a bunch of mini potatoes that you also peeled the skin off, they come attached to stems like grapes. this one was prob the nicer of the two and I was heartbroken that I didn't eat all the ones I bought, cleaning ladie must have loved me, big tip (as I didn't tip daily) and lots of fruit left over 5555

It must be the pineapple. I had a dream last night that I was in Pattaya ordering a pizza from a street vendor that had a wood burning stove. I ordered a ham and pineapple pizza. I watched as she cut pineapple chunks from the fresh pineapple and was salivating in my dream. I woke up with slobber all over my pillow! Hawaii is the only other place where I have had pineapple that sweet and juicy.

The World is Yours.

Sure it's a mundane choice, but I completely love the pineapple there. It's almost a staple for me when in LOS.

I like alot of the other favorites too, but I love the pineapple.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many tomato varieties grown for various purposes. Heirloom tomatoes are becoming increasingly popular, especially in home gardening and organic producers, since they tend to produce more interesting and delicious as the cost of crops, disease resistance and productivity.

Tomatoes are delicious - but they are vegetables, not fruits

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• 2 months later...

Hi, :GoldenSmile1: I love the big thai orange which i thought was grapefruit when i first saw it ,realy juicy

and nearly a meal in itself .i also like pineapple banana ,the green one a bit like apple you buy on the carts ready sliced dont know what its called and of course mango. pete.

• 3 weeks later...

.... and watermelon too

post-53975-0-80734300-1310107930.jpg

Harry Redknapp coach of England, Fabio Capello go home!!

Cold water melon without stones and mango. I tried durian too but this fruit is not my a cup of tea. Thai people say durian can love or hate.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 months later...

I like most of them, what I really like is that you can buy them and eat them right away.

Here you buy it green and wait 3 or 4 days to ripen sometimes one side is still green and the other side is over ripe.

I eat a lot of fruit and coconut's while there. But it's not what I dream about when I dream about LOS.

Tomatoes are delicious - but they are vegetables, not fruits

Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut. Some plants have a soft part which supports the seeds and is also called a 'fruit', though it is not developed from the ovary: the strawberry is an example.

• Like 1

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

• 4 weeks later...

Durian , pineapple and mango are my favourite fruits when traveling in thailand . I do enjoy a pineapple shake for breakfast.

Lychee, longan, papaya and mango.

I love mango because it reminds me of something ...

Durian - Stinks like hell, tastes like heaven; but more of an occasional treat than a staple.

Mango - for breakfast in season

Pineapple, shogun orange, or banana for variety.

pomelo (som-oh) looks like a very large grapefruit, is semi-sweet, but a bitch to peel and prep. You peel it like a orange, then peel each segment. Well worth it.

One of the best breakfasts was 4 different fruits and a couple of eggs and toast.

Pomelo is fantastic. I agree, difficult to prepare but worth it. Or buy a tray pre-prepared from 1 of the fruit stalls at the back of Mike Mall.

Mango takes a lot of beating and the very healthy Banana, also Sum' o, the very similar to Grapefruit, I like it ripe.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 3 months later...

Mix all these posts together to a gigantic fruit salad and top it with wipped cream and chocolate sauce... Damn, delicious!

:GrinNod1: