IGNORED

Whats Your Favorite Local Fruit?

Mango, Lychee and many other Thai fruits especially when you can pick them fresh off the tree and eat them straight away.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 weeks later...

On my return to the Bangkok airport, my taxi guy stops at this middle of nowhere joint selling only pineapples, he goes out and starts picking pineapples to take it back to his home in Bangkok, I ask him to pick one for me as well, That was the juiciest and sweetest pineapple that i have ever tasted.

• 2 weeks later...

I like to eat the farang chob eauy or how ever that is spelled.

Really nice in the heat.

mango and passion fruit

• 2 months later...

1 Mango  2 Banana 3 mangout

Fruit Book.pdf

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 month later...

I can easly say that generally most of the fruits have better taste according to europe and US, bu for the pineapple, it is more step forward. I have tried several times from different places, even in the street sellers. generally, it is very very good.

"Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya"

• 4 weeks later...

On my return to the Bangkok airport, my taxi guy stops at this middle of nowhere joint selling only pineapples, he goes out and starts picking pineapples to take it back to his home in Bangkok, I ask him to pick one for me as well, That was the juiciest and sweetest pineapple that i have ever tasted.

This is why I f'ing love Thailand.

First time I had Jackfruit was in Thailand and so it is an emotional favourite for me. That said, my mouth likes Mangosteens, Rambutan, and Durian the best.

-M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mangosteen by far is my favourite, i load up to the point of being sick of it while im there as it's expensive as hell in Aus, For some reason i also quite enjoy the flavourless dragonfruit.

When in Patong i was relieved that the hotel i stayed at had big "NO DURIAN" signs everywhere haha

• 1 month later...

Mangos. We can get them here in the US seasonally, but much more expensive. 

The pineapples there are so much different. Less acidic and more sweeter. Definitely eating a couple per day next time I'm there. Heh.

Mangosteen by far is my favourite, i load up to the point of being sick of it while im there as it's expensive as hell in Aus, For some reason i also quite enjoy the flavourless dragonfruit.

When in Patong i was relieved that the hotel i stayed at had big "NO DURIAN" signs everywhere haha

I was so surprised at the dragonfruit there. When I saw how widely available it was and at such great prices, I immediately started buying a couple to snack on. Was disappointed because it is sort of flavorless. Even the ones here in the US taste sweeter than the ones there. So sad. Didn't stop me from eating a couple every day at breakfast though hahaha

There are many excellent ones to choose from. But I choose the ubiquitous banana because there are so many varieties here to choose from.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mangosteen, mangoes, pineapple, jackfruit, rambutan, pomelo.

Can take or leave chompoo, find dragonfruit tasteless (not awful, just really bland), never cared much for bananas.

Have yet to steel myself to try durian; doesn't help that the TGF insists that if you eat durian and drink beer on the same day, you'll get sick.

Used to have a soursop shake and/or soursop on shaved ice almost every day when I lived in Singapore, but have yet to find it in Thailand.

• 1 year later...

Durian.. Durian will always be my fav! Pity it can't be eaten daily. Body heats up & it doesn't play well if you consume alcohol. 

Else Cats Eyes (Longan family) & mango. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pomelo.  Hard work but worth the effort...

buy already cut and cleaned from street stalls bkk and Pattaya but have to do all the work at home in Aus.   

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...

watermelon 

and pinneapple

always sweet :)

im so disapointed with cantaloupe, compare to France

Pineapple, here in Australia we get sweet ones but some ive had in LOS are next level good

Dragonfruit, despite being flavourless i eat a few from the shop... figure variety is good

Mango is great, eat a lot at home though so nothing special

Bananas because they are good for you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Red Dragon fruit...its hangover curing properties are fantastic.

Buy it from Villa Supermarket at The Avenue....never seen it on a fruit cart. The white dragon fruit is rare enough on the mobile stalls never mind the red