IGNORED

Whats Your Favorite Local Fruit?

Mango's for me with some nice coconut sticky rice

• Like 2

Farang = Walking ATM. TG's push the right buttons and money comes out. PIN = BBBJ

To be honest, I'm not impressed with these weird fruits like mangosteens, durian, etc. I think they taste just fine and don't mind having them - but it's not something I miss when I go back home.

But there is one fruit I really miss - Bananas.

I'm serious, the little ugly Thai bananas are so much better than what we have here in the US. No question. I love Thai bananas.

• Like 2

Sa Pa Rot.

For some reason their pineapple is so much nicer than the pineapple in Australia. I buy it a few times a week easy.

• 1 month later...

I just love Durian reaaly smells bad but tastes so good

div align="center"><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/countdown-generator/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/countdown-generator/&clickLABEL=Countdown Generator&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&pic=http://www.satisfaction.com/countdown-generator/themes/30.jpg&text=wheels%20up%20to%20pattaya&bgColor=16711680&untilColor=16711731&textColor=16711731&year=2012&month=4&day=19&hour=15&min=30&sec=0" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="175" name="show" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.satisfaction.com/countdown-generator/">Countdown Generator</a></small></div>

Pineapple. It is just so much more sweet and juicy than pineapple ive tasted anywhere else.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Roseapple (Chom-poo) and Jackfruit (Ka-noon)

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

For me it has to be pineapple closely followed by mango.

I'm serious, the little ugly Thai bananas are so much better than what we have here in the US. No question. I love Thai bananas.

Better than the ones we get in the UK as well. In Spain you can sometimes buy a small banana from the Canary Islands. Same same but different to the Thai banana.

Sa Pa Rot.

For some reason their pineapple is so much nicer than the pineapple in Australia. I buy it a few times a week easy.

They are much sweeter than the ones that you get in the UK as well. They are local varieties (not necessarily export varieties) and harvested more mature than fruit for export.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I love most of them. My favorite however is the thai mamuang of my girl ;-)

To be honest, I'm not impressed with these weird fruits like mangosteens, durian, etc. I think they taste just fine and don't mind having them - but it's not something I miss when I go back home.

Gotta agree with that, I love em too! (also the dried slices in packets) When a friend of my wife go's back to Thailand & asks if I'd like anything brought back...Thai Bananas!

Durian is also great-if bit pricey & Nam Dork Mai (ripe mango) just makes our apples & pears taste a bit bland.

There are many tomato varieties grown for various purposes. Heirloom tomatoes are becoming increasingly popular, especially in home gardening and organic producers, since they tend to produce more interesting and delicious as the cost of crops, disease resistance and productivity.

• 2 weeks later...

pomelo (som-oh) looks like a very large grapefruit, is semi-sweet, but a bitch to peel and prep. You peel it like a orange, then peel each segment. Well worth it.

One of the best breakfasts was 4 different fruits and a couple of eggs and toast.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Gotta be watermelon - love the stuff and can eat a while thing in one go especially on a hot day and the watermelon is icy, cold and juicy......mmmmmm watermelon

also partial to pineapple but find it makes me thirsty and it goes straight through me?

Mango is my fave fruit. We do get it in Aus in season but the Mango in LOS just seem so much sweeter (and fukn cheaper) and I am partial to Khao Niaow Ma Muang.(+sticky rice)

My other fave is Longan. especially in the morning right after a shag and straight out the fridge. Bitch to peel but delicious to eat,

Coops

ITS MY GAMBLE YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GGF

Club C4C

Club BB (sigh)

Club 3DR

• 2 months later...

Mango's for me with some nice coconut sticky rice

On the nose.

The variety of mango they grow in Thailand is one of the biggest and best tasting of the mango varieties.

• 3 weeks later...

lum yai my om chit have to be best to eat and the oranges once you juice them they make the greatest screwdriver

anybody know's about "durian" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

Looks like a spike covered melon. Don't cut one inside the house.

It's a love it or hate it deal. I can't take the smell but a GF from Bali can't get enough of it. Worth trying though.

The fruit is all picked ripe so it is all going to be sweeter and better than the stuff picked a month early for the ride on the boat.

I love mangosteens and lamyai. Mangoes come a close 3rd. whats your favorite?

As to Thai fruit I like most longans and jack fruit.

And you also have pineapples, (ripe) mangos, lychees, (small) grapes, coconuts, dragon fruit, watermelon and bananas in LOS.

You can also buy imported apples and pears, but they do not compare to their European cousins.

• Like 1