Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Edward Sweeney Appreciation Thread

Captain Cockblock

It over to you is the tile of Eddy’s latest video as he reaches out to his followers to where the best value lies in between the countries he is visiting. Eddy looks like he’s just had an electric shock ⚠️ 

• Haha 2

Eddy is on another epic journey, what could possibly go wrong  ?  

11 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Eddy is on another epic journey, what could possibly go wrong  ?  

I hope they have kettles in Laos!

On 13/02/2024 at 21:54, robhardwire said:

He is a normal blue collar worker who is able to travel months on end by being mostly frugal.  His out of town hotels are clearly a false economy but I have met plenty of blokes from the UK who are Eddies age and above who need very few creature comforts (other than a kettle perhaps)😀

I'm a thrifty, Blue Collar kind of guy myself. I remember 20 years ago showing a younger 30 something guy around Thailand, he was not impressed with discounts and if  I suggested a B1,000 per night room, he would  promptly check out after one night in to something "decent" costing 2 or 3 k per night. Twenty years ago a B1k per night room was pretty nice, IMHO...

Burned through his money in one year and is back in the USA, a 50 something dude counting the days, minutes and hours until he retires.

But he still spends big, 555 :)

(PS- being thrifty means that I've travelled and done pretty much as I pleased for the last 22 years. But, yeah, that won't impress 2 week millionaires. Oh my! )

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If he wants to travel around backpacker style on min-vans and buses and ferries he needs to get rid of that giant suitcase.  He even had to pay for an extra seat on a minivan.  It wasn't much but still.

Sounds like he is well and truly off the wagon now, or is he still claiming "it's under control"?  I can't be bothered to watch an entire video of his anymore so I don't know.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kale said:

If he wants to travel around backpacker style on min-vans and buses and ferries he needs to get rid of that giant suitcase.  He even had to pay for an extra seat on a minivan.  It wasn't much but still.

Sounds like he is well and truly off the wagon now, or is he still claiming "it's under control"?  I can't be bothered to watch an entire video of his anymore so I don't know.

I think Eddy is very much back on the beer, the amount of stubble on his face is usually a good indication.

46 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

I think Eddy is very much back on the beer, the amount of stubble on his face is usually a good indication.

Probably spends 1000-1500 baht a day on alcohol, but will live in a shit hole to save 200-300 baht a night on accommodation costs and travel as cheaply as possible to save 100 baht here and there and then spent a whole Live stream complaining about his  accommodation and travel conditions.

Whilst drinking a 80 baht bottle of beer 

Edited by Pheat

5 hours ago, Pheat said:

Probably spends 1000-1500 baht a day on alcohol, but will live in a shit hole to save 200-300 baht a night on accommodation costs and travel as cheaply as possible to save 100 baht here and there and then spent a whole Live stream complaining about his  accommodation and travel conditions.

Whilst drinking a 80 baht bottle of beer 

Those Sunday roasts all add up. He definitely has an issue with identifying value over cost.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Those Sunday roasts all add up. He definitely has an issue with identifying value over cost.

It's the same thing with not buying a data package.  His "job" is Youtube and doing live streams, the internet is kind of important for him yet he is left relying on whatever public wifi he can find. It makes no sense.

He will get one high quote then think that's a "bloody rip off" and in his own mind it is gospel that all data packages must be 1200 baht.  Even if it was 1200 a month you'd think 40 baht a day would be a decent investment in being able to run his channel from anywhere he wanted.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Eddy is enraptured by the sights and sounds of the almost alpine mountain backdrop in Van Vieng. Eddy’s new words of choice are magnificent and Yooo, Yooo, Yooo !

Brett Dakin, the author of Another Quiet American, a chronicle of two years in Laos working for the tourist authority, said, "Each time a young Australian woman strolls down the street in a bikini, a bearded American smokes a joint on a guesthouse terrace, or a group of Koreans tumbles drunkenly out of a restaurant, it saps a little more of the essence of a town like Vang Vieng.

Wait until they encounter Eddy 😂😂😂

Edited by Captain Cockblock
  • Haha 3

On 06/03/2024 at 06:54, Captain Cockblock said:

Eddy is enraptured by the sights and sounds of the almost alpine mountain backdrop in Van Vieng. Eddy’s new words of choice are magnificent and Yooo, Yooo, Yooo !

Brett Dakin, the author of Another Quiet American, a chronicle of two years in Laos working for the tourist authority, said, "Each time a young Australian woman strolls down the street in a bikini, a bearded American smokes a joint on a guesthouse terrace, or a group of Koreans tumbles drunkenly out of a restaurant, it saps a little more of the essence of a town like Vang Vieng.

Wait until they encounter Eddy 😂😂😂

5555 I am going to take a wild guess that Eddy has not seen the real Alps in person if he thinks that hill resembles them.

In this vlog he shows us how to do Falang/Laos fusion dishes as his baguette gets turned into a chippy roll. Eddy really approves of Beer Lao which is bloody good stuff. The smiling cafe owner doesn't quite know what to make of it all but keeps smiling.

Onto the hotel which not only gets the steady Eddy seal of approval but also gets described as perfect. At 15 pounds a night it certainly ticks the SE budget. Breakfast gets the approval even though he never makes it down in time. 'What more could you want?' declares Ed, before revealing there's no swimming pool or electric outlets near the 2nd bed.

Maybe some decor from this century or a rain shower, a lift and a tv that isn't at a 90 degree angle from the bed? I would love a job as a hotel inspector 555.

Anyway it is all harmless fun as our intrepid adventurer continues exploring.

• Haha 3

Eddy has gone non linear and all out Tarantino in how he edits and realises his vlogs these days. Usually his vlogs of old were in chronological order now he realises videos in no particular order. The endings are very abrupt with a heavy dose of ‘ Bloody good’

His latest endeavour begins with our intrepid reporter riding into town with a dark and moody western soundtrack playing in the background with an Ennio Morricone feel about it. Eddy is Lee Van Cleef arriving into town with a large silver suitcase and no horse in sight.

This is a story of one man’s quest for solace, yet again finding the right directions to his hotel, and of course the deep yearning inside for a chip butty….Yumeee! All we need is a kettle in the room and it’s Super Duper 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Eddy has gone non linear and all out Tarantino in how he edits and realises his vlogs these days. Usually his vlogs of old were in chronological order now he realises videos in no particular order. The endings are very abrupt with a heavy dose of ‘ Bloody good’

His latest endeavour begins with our intrepid reporter riding into town with a dark and moody western soundtrack playing in the background with an Ennio Morricone feel about it. Eddy is Lee Van Cleef arriving into town with a large silver suitcase and no horse in sight.

This is a story of one man’s quest for solace, yet again finding the right directions to his hotel, and of course the deep yearning inside for a chip butty….Yumeee! All we need is a kettle in the room and it’s Super Duper 👍

That bridge at 13:00, would not fancy the chances of it supporting Eddy's suitcase. Which he mentions several times in the vlog, wonder is he reading this thread or do we have a white knight of the youtube variety on our hands? 

I skip over the western b roll in case some apaches come riding over the horizon into Laos.

Has Eddy not heard of Google maps? He hasn't revealed the hotel yet. Checkboxes below.

Kettle 

Efficient fridge

Very very nice bed

Bathroom with running water

No lift

Very very nice staff

Under 20 pound a night

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dontpanic said:

That bridge at 13:00, would not fancy the chances of it supporting Eddy's suitcase. Which he mentions several times in the vlog, wonder is he reading this thread or do we have a white knight of the youtube variety on our hands? 

I think Eddy has a peep here and has an idea of the feedback. The other day he started his hotel vlog mentioning the kettle first, same with his suitcase a week ago. Thats just reverse banter by Eddy, no harm in it. By the way, sorry to everyone about my bad spelling of late, this predictive text does my head in.

Food and hotel review incoming. 

phonto.thumb.jpeg.366785ae04cfc8bf78f913d35e0ee82c.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Food and hotel review incoming. 

phonto.thumb.jpeg.366785ae04cfc8bf78f913d35e0ee82c.jpeg

That fridge didn't look very efficient to me. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eric Le Roi said:

That fridge didn't look very efficient to me. 

Its not very but very very very very efficient fridge!

• Haha 2

My eyes must have been playing tricks on me but did I see Eddy use a lift in a hotel? Best line of the vlog was when he pointed out that the lift would display what floor it was on. All the mod cons for 15 pound a night. Don't forget the hearty breakfast which I am willing to bet he never touched, straight out for a chippy butty.

Posted (edited)

Eddy is now in the cultural heartland of Laos, (the mag …..nificent) Laung Prabang. I’ve checked all the Hipsters videos of this area, I’ve popped a YouTube link down below. 

You will find many things to do and see.

Here are Eddy’s things to do: 

* Find the hotel 

* Find a parking space for suitcase

* Find a Kettle 

* Find a Laundry

* Leave your hotel room for over an hour

* Do a livestream

* Grab a Chip butty

* Neck a few birs

* Return to bedroom

* Have a Kip, maybe a shave

* Sod it, I’ll adventure outdoors tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Eddy is now in the cultural heartland of Laos, (the mag …..nificent) Laung Prabang. I’ve checked all the Hipsters videos of this area, I’ve popped a YouTube link down below. 

You will find many things to do and see.

Here are Eddy’s things to do: 

* Find the hotel 

* Find a parking space for suitcase

* Find a Kettle 

* Find a Laundry

* Leave your hotel room for over an hour

* Do a livestream

* Grab a Chip butty

* Neck a few birs

* Return to bedroom

* Have a Kip, maybe a shave

* Sod it, I’ll adventure outdoors tomorrow

By the time he finds the hotel most backpackers will have moved on to a different city.

• Haha 3

Eddy gives us his thoughts on Luang Prabang whilst chugging on a bloody good beer Laos. 

Not wanting the hassle of airports he is back tracking to Thailand before moving onto Siem Reap to settle down.

Having flown to and from Cambodia myself I found it to be a fairly hassle free experience but up to Eddy!

Not 1 or 2 but 3 reasons not to retire in Thailand and cost isn't one of them!

After getting a train to Luang Prabang sponsored by the PRC Eddy climbs a fairly steep stairway to a temple followed by another beer laos. Not sure where the nearest defib was but he was struggling.

I just wish the guy would get his neck/back hairs tidied up.  

I can't stand to watch him rabbiting on about xyz whilst having those big grey hairs sticking out from the back of his t-shirts and neck...

You know the rules, Don't trust 'em, don't love 'em - And don't let 'em fool you.

Whenever Ed meets a bloody nice taxi or bus driver I’m always worried for him cause I know that after he tips him very well that he will realise that he’s been dropped off no where near his hotel.

babydollsaddict.gif

Eddy is heading out of Laos and seems to be going back to Thailand on his way to Cambodia. After shelling out 40 bucks(or 2 nights accomodation) for a train ticket Eddy eventually gives the seal of approval to Laos despite being a bit nondescript.  Teasing a return trip, likely due to beer lao, or the delightful baguettes and fries combos. 

Despite my jest I have actually enjoyed Eddy's travels. A pleasant change from the usual repetitive Pattaya based content. And we have his journey to Cambodia to look forward to where he has indicated that Siem reap is where he will hang his hat and empty his suitcase.