IGNORED

Edward Sweeney Appreciation Thread

Captain Cockblock

6 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Yes Eddy's hotel reviews deserve their own channel. That all important kettle which he could buy in Mr diy for 500 baht and bring with him 555.

I din't think I ever thought of a hotel room as efficient but it has to be the right price for steady Eddy. 

I think the channel will be renamed Steady Eddy's travels on the cheap.

Being serious for a minute, that is probably why is he is so popular though. 50k subs is some going and he regularly gets 100+ in the live streams.  He is a normal blue collar worker who is able to travel months on end by being mostly frugal.  His out of town hotels are clearly a false economy but I have met plenty of blokes from the UK who are Eddies age and above who need very few creature comforts (other than a kettle perhaps)😀

The downside of attracting fellow cheap charlies is they give him almost no super chats.  But in fairness to Eddie, he has never been an e-beggar

• Thanks 2

On 13/02/2024 at 08:08, Captain Cockblock said:

In Eddy's latest outing in Udon Thani, he teams up with his mate Bobby also a scouser and they tour the city and go for Sunday lunch, they sink a few bevvies of course. Eddy’s hotel is called ‘2feel bed station’ and entering the building he comments “it’s got a pleasant facade”

For anyone watching his videos for years, in his bedroom reviews, he mostly uses the same eddyisoms, such as spacious and very very efficient, capped off by, it’s not exactly the Ritz as a justification for why he picked the room in the first place. I think Eddy said on a livestream, that he swapped hotels because the room didn’t have a kettle 😃

Just finished looking at this, had a few laugh out loud moments especially when he arrived back at the hotel and enquired about his laundry. To Eddy's surprise it is ready to go to which he replies 'Magnificent!!'. 

We learn Eddy's strict budget does not come into play on Sunday where he spends the price of a hotel night on the Isaan special roast dinner with a nice slice of cake. Eddy's bed is built on a platform which he doesn't like. However with a very, very efficient fridge, aircon and wifi and at 15 pound a night it gets the seal of approval.

Add in the compulsory meet with a few other vloggers and a few beers and it is another very very efficient video from our man in Isaan 

• Like 1

The funniest part I didn’t see the first time is that the fridge was plugged out 😂 It was picked up by one of his YouTube followers, no wonder it was efficient 😂😂😂 pure gold. You knew it was Eddy’s laundry with the black T-shirt on top.

Apparently he’s got a video coming out today about been ripped off in a massage joint, he said in a livestream earlier.

His large case always interests me. It seems bloody heavy. No idea what’s in it as I don’t think it could be clothes. I have watched him drag it along a beach through the sand in the Thai heat and another time he had to get a few guys to get it off a ferry - I couldn’t help but hope the guys would drop it over the side into the ocean.

I can get puzzled as to his decision making process sometimes such as in the visa extension videos where he paid more but it was bloody good value cause he got a car ride. 

• Like 1
babydollsaddict.gif

Yes, the guy who claimed he quite drinking completely now says he "has it under control".  🤦‍♂️

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, slime said:

His large case always interests me. It seems bloody heavy. No idea what’s in it as I don’t think it could be clothes. I have watched him drag it along a beach through the sand in the Thai heat and another time he had to get a few guys to get it off a ferry - I couldn’t help but hope the guys would drop it over the side into the ocean.

I can get puzzled as to his decision making process sometimes such as in the visa extension videos where he paid more but it was bloody good value cause he got a car ride. 

He was being quite the drama Queen in that visa process video.  It's not nearly as bad as he made it out to be.  He must have gone too late in the day or maybe on a Friday before a long weekend or something the previous time.

Edited by Kale

I’ve got a sneaky sneaky feeling ……….⚠️⚠️⚠️

Edited by Captain Cockblock
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

I’ve got a sneaky sneaky feeling ……….⚠️⚠️⚠️

Capricious, adjective
given to sudden and unaccountable changes of mood or behaviour.

Udon Thani afternoon massages don't get the seal of approval!

• Haha 1

Eddy can't have long left in Udon, I wonder where he is off to next? He mentioned a live stream with some other youtuber, maybe more info is on that. Have to say I have not tuned into his live streams for quite some time.

He did a fast livestream, his mate Bobby is showing him around some condos today, no doubt they will be partaking in a few birs, ..why not ? On the other side of the spectrum Nick Dean and his mate Dave are spending the night in a million dollar house coming in at 18,000 baht a night, showboating.

Can you imagine Eddy rocking up at the gates in a bolt giving the driver a ten baht tip and marching up the driveway with the massive suitcase behind, looking for a kettle. He would then film a video and call it ‘not for me’ .The thumbnail would have Eddy dressed up as a Butler.

52 minutes ago, Captain Cockblock said:

He did a fast livestream, his mate Bobby is showing him around some condos today, no doubt they will be partaking in a few birs, ..why not ? On the other side of the spectrum Nick Dean and his mate Dave are spending the night in a million dollar house coming in at 18,000 baht a night, showboating.

Can you imagine Eddy rocking up at the gates in a bolt giving the driver a ten baht tip and marching up the driveway with the massive suitcase behind, looking for a kettle. He would then film a video and call it ‘not for me’ .The thumbnail would have Eddy dressed up as a Butler.

I think Eddy would be heading for the gatehouse, 18.000 baht is a lot of afternoon loving. Definitely would not get the very, very efficient seal of approval.

I re-watched a bit of the Udon vid and he is heading for Vientiene. Not sure on the quality of kettles or Sunday roasts there but surely in the Steady Eddy budget range. 

2 hours ago, Captain Cockblock said:

Nick Dean and his mate Dave are spending the night in a million dollar house coming in at 18,000 baht a night, showboating

I can safely say ND won’t be the one paying as his mate Dave be clout chasing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/02/2024 at 22:38, Soi7 said:

I ran into Eddie in Udon we had a long chat and drink in Full throttle bar.  I dislike most all vloggers but his i watch and like as he travels all of Thailand and like myself mostly over land trains bus Ect. By following him i get ideas of where to go next. He does the vlogs himself and just got to 15 million views. He is ok in my book 

Doesn't he inspire you to have a go at YouTubing? I'm sure you'd be a lot more entertaining than Eddie. 

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

Doesn't he inspire you to have a go at YouTubing? I'm sure you'd be a lot more entertaining than Eddie. 

No chance I am a lazy fuck.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

In breaking news Eddy has moved hotels in Udon. The room has a kettle but no coffee and a very efficient fridge and at 600 baht a night, well I won't spoil the surprise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/02/2024 at 08:18, dontpanic said:

In breaking news Eddy has moved hotels in Udon. The room has a kettle but no coffee and a very efficient fridge and at 600 baht a night, well I won't spoil the surprise.

Curb your enthusiasm Ed Sweeney style: 

Swap a hotel with strong Wi-fi and a lift, for a hotel with shite Wi-Fi , no lift and a balcony the size of a shower tray and of course ……a kettle 🙄

Edited by Captain Cockblock

Almost all hotels he tried in this trip has bad WiFi , Ironic since he do all his stuff on Internet and I guess that has to be the first thing he should look for while booking a hotel but I understand why Kettle takes precedence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, randirona said:

Almost all hotels he tried in this trip has bad WiFi , Ironic since he do all his stuff on Internet and I guess that has to be the first thing he should look for while booking a hotel but I understand why Kettle takes precedence.

He could buy a kettle from Big C for 300 baht about £6.50

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/02/2024 at 11:13, Pheat said:

He could buy a kettle from Big C for 300 baht about £6.50

But that wont be very very very efficient Kettle which Eddy finds in those dump of motels , would it :). Our Eddy is hard ass about things and somehow, he always finds most difficult solution to a simple problem and executes in most strenuous way possible and them moan about it in next 5 videos. For example he chose to take a train from Ayutthaya to Udon Thani to save some quids in some dilapidated train and guess where he choose to sit in that 8 hour long journey? Right next to automatic door which opens every minute as someone tries to move carriages and he moans about not able to sleep for 8 hours. People watch his videos for not to see the place he is going but how he is going to that place because his journey, the way he travels , the mistakes he makes in the process is more interesting than the place he travels. After watching his videos , I know not to stay in Steady Eddy approved hotels , definitely not take the route/transport he takes and absolutely not eat where he has his value meals. 

Also it seems that Eddy stopped adding words to his vocabulary after age 5, as most of his videos are combination of 

YOOOO, Who THAT ? , YABBA DABBA DO , Copy right music , Demonetization , Not a Ritz , Ello hu r U , Love in afternoon , Good Value ,  Nice Girls , Rumpy pumpy  in this particular order.

He also strongly believes that if he add very before a word , it becomes a new word , more the merrier so VERY VERY VERY VERY EFFICIENT is a word which isnt invented and he seems to be fond of that , normal for a 5 year old developed brain.

and he can write a whole damn book with just a combination of only these words, Wait , I think he already did and writing another BUUK which is suppose to be sequel of first , like watching his videos aren't a torture enough, now you also have to read how his characters gulp gallons of Birs every damn day and claim that he isn't alcoholic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eddy is in Nong Khai for a few days before departing for Laos(which should be good). Anyway the hotel is a bit rough round the edges(clue, it hasn't got a flat screen tv, lift or keycard). Eddy managed to find an Irish bar which should sort him out for the Sunday roast.

He even managed to find a few nice ladies. The room is a bit ramshackle but we all know that is not high on Eddy's priorities. It has a kettle on the balcony and an efficient bathroom for the bargain price of 600 Thb a night.

Eddy seems to wear the same stuff in every video so what exactly is in the luggage baffles me. 

• Haha 2

Confused why Ed is doing another backpacking tour and border runs? I thought the plan was to leave England permanently and retire here?

Why he is not getting a retirement visa and settling into his new life? Surely it gets expensive (and exhausting) having to do border runs every 30 days?

Love Ed and am a big fan of the channel but trying to understand what exactly is going on? Has there been a change of long term plans?

Any insights would be appreciated

58 minutes ago, rizzle said:

Confused why Ed is doing another backpacking tour and border runs? I thought the plan was to leave England permanently and retire here?

Why he is not getting a retirement visa and settling into his new life? Surely it gets expensive (and exhausting) having to do border runs every 30 days?

Love Ed and am a big fan of the channel but trying to understand what exactly is going on? Has there been a change of long term plans?

He mentioned on an earlier video that his long term plan is to retire to Cambodia, I am sure costs and red tape were the motivation for that.

His current travels are just for content and his way of winding down into retirement. 

4 hours ago, rizzle said:

I think he is also trying to avoid staying 180 days in a country which makes him non resident for tax purposes. Thats why he wants to reach Cambodia in around June timeframe.

I’m noticing that Ed seems to be picking up on our interest with his suitcase. 
When he showed us his hotel with no lift he made special mention of how he got help to get his suitcase up the stairs but I was very disappointed the journey up the stairs with the suitcase wasn’t on video and then in his room review the suitcase was in a very prominent position but it was closed and locked with a decent size padlock.

I was also very interested that he had to pay extra for the suitcase on his recent minivan journey where he looked very uncomfortable jammed up beside it.

• Haha 2
babydollsaddict.gif

12 hours ago, slime said:

I’m noticing that Ed seems to be picking up on our interest with his suitcase. 
When he showed us his hotel with no lift he made special mention of how he got help to get his suitcase up the stairs but I was very disappointed the journey up the stairs with the suitcase wasn’t on video and then in his room review the suitcase was in a very prominent position but it was closed and locked with a decent size padlock.

I was also very interested that he had to pay extra for the suitcase on his recent minivan journey where he looked very uncomfortable jammed up beside it.

It reminds me if the luggage character from the Discworld books, seems to have taken on a life of its own. I saw in Eddy's livestream channel that he is already in Laos. Didn't watch the stream as I gave up on them during lockdown.

I've a sneaky suspicion I will enjoy the journey to Laos video.