IGNORED

Android Box and IPTV Package

Khun Ron

2 hours ago, Shamrock71 said:

The 4k ones are double the price of the standard ones, so I'm reluctant to pay that if I don't need it. I've no idea what 4k means anyway. Is it about picture quality ? 

Yes it is about picture quality, but it also has more memory. IMHO it's worth the higher price.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Billy Shears
Double post

5 hours ago, Shamrock71 said:

The 4k ones are double the price of the standard ones, so I'm reluctant to pay that if I don't need it. I've no idea what 4k means anyway. Is it about picture quality ? 

The two I have are not the latest but they are 4K and after that they came out with 4K Maxx to be very honest I'm not sure the difference all I know is I get superb video quality as well as audio and they have been trouble free

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Looks like there's no difference in performance or storage capacity between the Lite and the standard 4k Fire Stick. As far as I can tell the only thing the Lite lacks is remote control over audio. Don't care about that, so I'll buy the Amazon Fire Stick 4k Lite.

1 hour ago, Shamrock71 said:

Looks like there's no difference in performance or storage capacity between the Lite and the standard 4k Fire Stick. As far as I can tell the only thing the Lite lacks is remote control over audio. Don't care about that, so I'll buy the Amazon Fire Stick 4k Lite.

Performance and storage wise it is much better to get the latest 4k max second generation with 16Gb of storage. 3580 baht on Lazada. I have got two at home and they are great and will perform much better than the Firestick lite.

Posted (edited)

Forgive my ignorance on the subject ... many of you guy's techy chat is way over my head.

I have got a GT King box ( not sure which model ) about 5 years old but works well.

The guy I get my annual subscription from charges 7,000 a year.  Tried to charge 8 last year. 

I have been very satisfied but .. at an annual renewal time he is often away and not very customer polite. No reply for a week or says I might be able to do next week .. I am busy type replys. I am trying to give him 7k.

My query is .. the guy at Tukcom can do an annual subscription for 1,500. (I phoned him).  But muttered something about he cant give a guarantee.

I not sure what to do. Stick with what I know or try the new guy. Who hints at cant gurantee for some reason.

Anyone use the guy on the 3rd floor at Tukcom for a subscribtion ?

Edited by Wingeing Pom

1 hour ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Forgive my ignorance on the subject ... many of you guy's techy chat is way over my head.

I have got a GT King box ( not sure which model ) about 5 years old but works well.

The guy I get my annual subscription from charges 7,000 a year.  Tried to charge 8 last year. 

I have been very satisfied but .. at an annual renewal time he is often away and not very customer polite. No reply for a week or says I might be able to do next week .. I am busy type replys. I am trying to give him 7k.

My query is .. the guy at Tukcom can do an annual subscription for 1,500. (I phoned him).  But muttered something about he cant give a guarantee.

I not sure what to do. Stick with what I know or try the new guy. Who hints at cant gurantee for some reason.

Your GT King is very good quality box, and if it's working well there's no need to change it, but 7,000 a year is very expensive compared to probably the most popular service Wizz TV at 2900 a year.

The Tukom guy charges 1500 for a service that if you do a big of digging, you can get off the internet for free.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Farangkie said:

Your GT King is very good quality box, and if it's working well there's no need to change it, but 7,000 a year is very expensive compared to probably the most popular service Wizz TV at 2900 a year.

The Tukom guy charges 1500 for a service that if you do a big of digging, you can get off the internet for free.

Many thanks for your very helpful reply.

He just this minute messaged me and wants 8k  "Cant do it anymore at 7k".

Blames USD / baht rate. Not sure how that comes into it. He told me once his source is in England ... but it all a fog to me.

I don't trust the guy anymore.

I dont mind paying the going rate but not wanna be taken for a mug. Ha ha.

How do I get Wizz TV ?

Sounds good. (I guess I should try to google it !).

Edited by Wingeing Pom

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

Many thanks for your very helpful reply.

He just this minute messaged me and wants 8k  "Cant do it anymore at 7k".

Blames USD / baht rate. Not sure how that comes into it. I don't trust the guy anymore.

I dont mind paying the going rate but not wanna be taken for a mug. Ha ha.

How do I get Wizz TV ?

Sounds good. (I guess I should try to google it !).

Iv'e had about 10 different IPTV services over the years, and Wizz is the best, I'm on my 4th yearly renewal with them.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/

I defiantly  wouldn't be paying the 8,000 your guy is asking, that's a rip off.

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to add I'm on my second year with WIzztv, it currently is working superbly well in England for me, in fact better than Thailand in the latter months, but I think that was down to the well documented internet width issues with AIS and the undersea cable problems at the time, it clearly wasn't an issue with Wizztv.

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

I paid 75 GBP last night (Wednesday)  using my U.K. bank. Woke up this morning and followed the instructions on their website. All working in 30 minutes. Easy peasy. 

• Like 3

I guess even I can work out subscribing to Wizz on one of my tablets and then casting to my smart TV.

Thanks for guidance.

Thats the way I going to go. Errrr but .... another muppet question is .....

My only worry is I have worn out tablet batterys every few years .. my tablets get a right hammering. My IPTV rarely off.

(Samsung always say they cant replace and I not tried Tukcom etc. Anyway I usually got stuff on them I dont want a repair guy to see (smiley)).

Did I misunderstand .. Wizz can be added to a GT King ?

Adding to my smart TV would be great but Wizz app not appearing on TV App search.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Wingeing Pom said:

I guess even I can work out subscribing to Wizz on one of my tablets and then casting to my smart TV.

Thanks for guidance.

Thats the way I going to go. Errrr but .... another muppet question is .....

My only worry is I have worn out tablet batterys every few years .. my tablets get a right hammering. My IPTV rarely off.

(Samsung always say they cant replace and I not tried Tukcom etc. Anyway I usually got stuff on them I dont want a repair guy to see (smiley)).

Did I misunderstand .. Wizz can be added to a GT King ?

Adding to my smart TV would be great but Wizz app not appearing on TV App search.

Wizz works best on a Firestick or an Android device, as your GT King is Android, it would be better to install it on that, versus streaming it from a tablet.

You won't find the Wizz app on by doing a search, you need to follow the step by step instructions on their site to get the app on to your box.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/android-box-setup

Edited by Farangkie

6 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

Wizz works best on a Firestick or an Android device, as your GT King is Android, it would be better to install it on that, versus streaming it from a tablet.

You won't find the Wizz app on by doing a search, you need to follow the step by step instructions on their site to get the app on to your box.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/android-box-setup

Wow your a star.

Can you believe I was a radio systems engineer in my last job.  i should be clever. But guess I winged it.

I very slow picking new tricks up if not taught.  I was a morse code operator much of my working life. More my level. Showing my age ! Smileee.

• Like 2

I’ve got my Wizz tv up and running on my 4k firestick on a Sony TV. Everything working fine. 
I want to upgrade the tv to either a Samsung or LG. 
I understand I need a Nanomid player to make this happen. Is that because LG and Samsung are not Android? 
The  Nanomid website looks a bit unhelpful, with subscriptions at 9.99 Euro and 4.99 Euros. Lots of poor customer service reviews. It’s unclear if this is monthly, annually or a one off purchase. 
anyone have experience with this can advise if it’s difficult or an alternative route to go? 

On 09/05/2024 at 13:13, Wingeing Pom said:

Nobody can guarantee IPTV service it's an illegal service he may guarantee he'll give you your money back if he is rated and shut down. I would seriously doubt that though that he would refund money on a shutdown. The person I use has been good for years but goes as far as letting people know that it could be shut down at any time as it's an illegal streaming service and there won't be any guarantees

• Like 1

babydollsaddict.gif

30 minutes ago, David2268 said:

I’ve got my Wizz tv up and running on my 4k firestick on a Sony TV. Everything working fine. 
I want to upgrade the tv to either a Samsung or LG. 
I understand I need a Nanomid player to make this happen. Is that because LG and Samsung are not Android? 
The  Nanomid website looks a bit unhelpful, with subscriptions at 9.99 Euro and 4.99 Euros. Lots of poor customer service reviews. It’s unclear if this is monthly, annually or a one off purchase. 
anyone have experience with this can advise if it’s difficult or an alternative route to go? 

If you have with TV installed on your fire stick and you're using your fire stick on your new LG or Samsung TV you don't need any other player it will work fine I have one of the latest LG TVs with my program fire stick I pop it in go to the source that it's plugged into which is one of the HDMI ports and I'm off and running.

babydollsaddict.gif

2 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

If you have with TV installed on your fire stick and you're using your fire stick on your new LG or Samsung TV you don't need any other player it will work fine I have one of the latest LG TVs with my program fire stick I pop it in go to the source that it's plugged into which is one of the HDMI ports and I'm off and running.

Cheers mate. Brilliant. 

For info re ordering WIZZ ....

A week ago, I sent them a question and then a day later a definite request to order an already set-up box.  You have to contact them before ordering a box.

(I decided messing around re-configuring my box to save about 1,000 baht is not worth the hassle).

But no reply.  Maybe they are on holiday !

I can give them my debit card details to subscribe using my box but ordering their box needs an enquiry first. If they this hard to contact I dont want to just take a punt and pay up front with my card.

I.e ... It puts me off just subscribing as no one seems to be at home.

Hey Ho ...

I have gone to see the Tukcom guy .... he said I already had the stuff he provides on my box. I had forgotten (durrrrr) about the poorly functioning stuff I removed from the home screen).

I had only used something called Iview (on the screen icon) for which my previous source was pushing up the subscription to 8k a year.

What a nice smiley friendly helpful chap Tukcom guy is.  I thought his was a subscription service but he just puts stuff not needing annual payment on .. mostly that not work well or seems to have endless adverts. And its a one off payment.

I think someone said earlier in thread he puts stuff on you could find yourself. That is right.

He just charged me 200 baht but I think he just moved stuff I had forgotten about to the home screen and added a few new ones. He could have charged me his usual 1500 and not pointed out I had his stuff lurking in background of my box. So he is very honest.

Now I am starting to get interested in True's internet TV subscription.

I guess that must be very legal and that they pay the likes of CNN which I binge watch 

More expensive (1,000 baht a month) than what I got rid of !!!! .... but judging from my seperate EPL subscription with them .. it is perfect picture quality and zero buffering ever ever ever.

33 baht a day.

Edited by Wingeing Pom