IGNORED

Android Box and IPTV Package

Khun Ron

Sorry if this is a rehash but the last post I found about Android boxes is two months old.

I'm in the market for an android box for my 2nd TV; primarily interested in EPL games and British TV (BBC & ITV). I went to a shop in Tukom which I didn't get their name but they seem pretty popular for Android boxes. They are selling the HK1 Rbox X4 for THB 2,500, but I can get it on Lazada for about THB 1,800. 

I did ask the lady if I get all the channels she showed me for that price and she said yes. Does anyone know if those boxes sold at Tukom normally include the actual IPTV service. After reading the last post about Android boxes I see that an IPTV subscription can be purchased separately, so just want to make sure there were no language issues when I was told that price was all-in.

I've just gone through looking for a new Android box and IPTV service myself.  I decided not to buy from Tukom, because the 2 boxes I was looking at there . When I checked on Lazada. they both where about half the price on there. Also when the Tukom lady showed me the IPTV service that came with their box, it didn't have the UK channels I wanted, it looked to me like it was a cheap basic IPTV service. But I always intended to put my own service on any box I bought anyway, so I wouldn't have used the one that came with it anyway.

I did a lot of searching reviews on YT, and decided on a Mecool KM2, at just under 2K, it's Google Certified, and plays Netflix in 4K (some boxes don't), it's very well made, and importantly has a very good quality remote. Some cheap Chinese boxes have really crap remotes that are frustrating to use.

Regarding IPTV, I've tried about 5 or 6 of them over the years, and the best one I've used is Wizz TV. They are a UK owned company, with excellent online help, with servers in Europe and Asia, and they are the only one I've used that includes a catch up service that actually works. I think I paid about £60 for a years subscription, and very easy to load on to your box.

WizzTV Link.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/downloads

Screenshot_2022_10_05_07_23_19@2x.jpg

Edited by Farangkie

Have a look at Wizz TV

wizztv.co.uk

They work well here. There is a local representative that you deal with.

Literally hundreds ( possibly thousands ) of international TV channels, plus a library of films and TV series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use the firetv stick for 4 years now with the siptv app for live tv and iptv smarters for vod.

Well , i changed the iptv service 3 times because i always found better ones

My subscription just finished for Napstar IPTV. 

was a good service, very stable.  This was loaded onto the smarters app on my smart TV, so no box or stick etc.

Only thing it was missing imo was catch up for sports

Any one know any IPTV that can be loaded onto smart TV that has sport catch ups?

Cheers.

I've used a few boxes in the past and last box was from tukcom it was a good box but the service was poor, was very poor image quality and buffering all the time, I spoke to my local sports bar Danny's sports in treetown and he recommended WizzTV as he said uses the same system in the bar, I signed up online and was setup within 15 minutes I honestly can't speak highly enough about WizzTV it's great has every sports channels my home country TV and I even get the Netflix contents, as far as I'm aware it's controlled from Thailand but hosted on UK website and you have 24/7 online support I think there have servers in Asia, Europe and USA

Here is the details for website 

www.wizztv.co.uk 

Edited by Napster88
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 17:55, Proffesor said:

Have a look at Wizz TV

wizztv.co.uk

They work well here. There is a local representative that you deal with.

Literally hundreds ( possibly thousands ) of international TV channels, plus a library of films and TV series.

Signed up to wizztv from so many people recommend them and yes it's a great service 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 23:56, Napster88 said:

Signed up to wizztv from so many people recommend them and yes it's a great service 

Pleased that you're pleased, Sir

• 4 months later...

If you are heavily into sports, UK and foreign channels, then Wizz is ok

But if you are into USA series and news, it is not for you. They don't even have CNN USA. To be fair they did give me a refund. I am still looking for a new provider as my favorite went out of business 

Edited by dthomasss
Left something out

3 hours ago, dthomasss said:

If you are heavily into sports, UK and foreign channels, then Wizz is ok

But if you are into USA series and news, it is not for you. They don't even have CNN USA. To be fair they did give me a refund. I am still looking for a new provider as my favorite went out of business 

I have CNN on my Wizz TV, and regarding USA series, I have always been able to find any US series I've looked for, they have 400 Netflix series alone in their library.

IMG_0558.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

have CNN on my Wizz TV

That's the international version. The US one is different and more interesting imho. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I bought a Fire Stick with me on my recent move here. Would that work with a Wizz account or should I buy some sort of android box?

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

1 hour ago, forqalso said:

I bought a Fire Stick with me on my recent move here. Would that work with a Wizz account or should I buy some sort of android box?

Yes you can load Wizz TV to a Firestick.

https://www.wizztv.co.uk/setup-guide

Edited by Farangkie

• 5 months later...

Have recently subscribed to WizzTV (very impressed so far), but am running it on a 6-7 year old Android at 1080P box so figured a new 4/6K box would improve the picture quality, any updated recommendations on boxes to buy?

I noted the Mecool KM2 box recommendation above but this only has 2GB memory, is this enough for streaming (say) live football)?

An alternative approach is apparently using Nanomid on my Samsung Smart TV, I've downloaded a 14 day trial edition but can't find out how to link this up with my WizzTV subscription... Anybody tried doing this? 

Thanks

JB

1 hour ago, Just Browsing said:

Have recently subscribed to WizzTV (very impressed so far), but am running it on a 6-7 year old Android at 1080P box so figured a new 4/6K box would improve the picture quality, any updated recommendations on boxes to buy?

I noted the Mecool KM2 box recommendation above but this only has 2GB memory, is this enough for streaming (say) live football)?

An alternative approach is apparently using Nanomid on my Samsung Smart TV, I've downloaded a 14 day trial edition but can't find out how to link this up with my WizzTV subscription... Anybody tried doing this? 

Thanks

JB

I've always had buffering problems without using an Andriod box, and when I've tried running my IPTV service directly from my smart TV.

Trying work around software like Nanomid, to get Wizz tv to work,you could find it frustrating, and it may not work at all.

There is a higher specked KM6 Mecool box than the KM2 with 4gb of Ram:

IMG_1108.jpg

Edited by Farangkie
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

................am running it on a 6-7 year old Android at 1080P box so figured a new 4/6K box would improve the picture quality, .....

Obviously your Samsung TV is also 4/6K ?

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Obviously your Samsung TV is also 4/6K ?

Yep & usually watch Netflix in 4K which was what made me notice the difference when watching via the Netflix App on the TV Vs Netflix App Android Box (1080P).

Have bit the bullet & bought the Me Cool KMS Plus 2GB model (2,120b from Lazada) as reviews have been very positive plus my OCD would freak out if I had a White box when all my other TV Tech is black 😂

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

Thanks

JB

I really like the x96 x6

23 hours ago, dthomasss said:

I really like the x96 x6

I googled the X96 & the specs are very impressive, plus it's approx. 35% cheaper than the Mecool KM2 box plus that I had already ordered/paid for 😞

Have to say, when the box turned up I thought it was a joke as it's roughly 3" x 3" x 1" in size but it's noticeably better than my (6-7 year old) HiSense box in terms of picture quality / responsiveness... Only thing I'm missing is there's not a display that show's the time. 

Happy so far (though I can't seem to get Chrome installed on it as Google Play seems to think it's Android TV, will dig out a USB stick later & do it the brute force way)  

53 minutes ago, Just Browsing said:

I googled the X96 & the specs are very impressive, plus it's approx. 35% cheaper than the Mecool KM2 box plus that I had already ordered/paid for 😞

Have to say, when the box turned up I thought it was a joke as it's roughly 3" x 3" x 1" in size but it's noticeably better than my (6-7 year old) HiSense box in terms of picture quality / responsiveness... Only thing I'm missing is there's not a display that show's the time. 

Happy so far (though I can't seem to get Chrome installed on it as Google Play seems to think it's Android TV, will dig out a USB stick later & do it the brute force way)  

There are many ways around Google play. I am glad you like the x96 x6 it is a Great box

1 hour ago, Just Browsing said:

The X96 box doesn't have a license to decode 4K Netflix, so Netflix on that box will only play in 720p or 1080p. The box manufactures have to pay Netflix a fee to authorize 4K playback on a particular device. The Mecool KM2+ does have the proper Netflix 4K license.

To keep the price down, only a handful of box manufactures have the full 4K version of Netflix installed on their boxes.

Edited by Farangkie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Farangkie said:

The X96 box doesn't have a license to decode 4K Netflix, so Netflix on that box will only play in 720p or 1080p. The box manufactures have to pay Netflix a fee to authorize 4K playback on a particular device. The Mecool KM2+ does have the proper Netflix 4K license.

To keep the price down, only a handful of box manufactures have the full 4K version of Netflix installed on their boxes.

Thanks for that as I’d already bought the KM2+ and was beginning to have “buyers remorse” when I saw the X96 spec. 

So far I’m really impressed with it, much quicker/smoother than my old Box & Netflix 4K is exactly the same as on my Samsung TV (except the TV sometimes needs unplugging as the Netflix app freezes every couple of days).

Edited by Just Browsing