Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

On 27/09/2023 at 07:40, Fire Bar Matt said:

If only they had built just a little bit of camber into that new road surface. The other day we had some decent (not flooding like) rain during the day. The result was large puddles across half the Soi, one specifically decent one right near Hideaway. 
I guess it was asking too much to actually engineer the whole project :)

it's like that along the full length of Klong 15.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fire Bar Matt said:

I’m about 100m from that and haven’t heard or smelt a thing. Guess I should go out on the balcony and have a look. 

If you smell anything it’s probably just my cigar 😀

• Haha 2

Testicles

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

If you smell anything it’s probably just my cigar 😀

Haha, did you start a fire mate? 

Actually the only thing I can smell is the GF cooking dinner, smells bloody awesome actually :)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Any update, is Soi 15 still there after the rain?

Yes. No worries :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Was anyone up in the middle of the night during that big rain a couple days ago?  I know it flooded on Buakhao near Klang because I could see the lines of dirt and garbage where the waterline was.  Looks like it was at least 6-12 inches.  I didn't see the beach washed out anywhere but they may have filled it back in by the time I went down there.

Frog strangler so did Bolt from Central to GA, lots of standing water on soi's between 2nd and beach road. Soi 15 drainage is working well and no water in GA garage.

1 hour ago, jetdoc said:

Frog strangler so did Bolt from Central to GA, lots of standing water on soi's between 2nd and beach road. Soi 15 drainage is working well and no water in GA garage.

A fitting resolution of this epic thread!

Thanks to all who contributed pictures.

There were a couple of ponds an inch or so deep along Soi 15 after the rain, the most notable being a large one that went across the width of the soi in front of the long suffering Korando's. They all cleared up fairly quickly after the rain stopped though.

Edited by Srirachapocalypse
  • Like 2

I'm staying at Whisper hotel next week but I'm seriously thinking about switching hotels. Cuz what I read on recent reviews is that the road from Whisper to Buakhao is just near unwalkable. Especially after some rain. Can anybody confirm that perhaps? 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have big boobs. It's really that simple.

8 hours ago, Vale46 said:

I'm staying at Whisper hotel next week but I'm seriously thinking about switching hotels. Cuz what I read on recent reviews is that the road from Whisper to Buakhao is just near unwalkable. Especially after some rain. Can anybody confirm that perhaps? 

It’s very walkable. Still has a couple of puddles( Korando’s & Hideway) after a big rain. But with Soi 15 it’s always been that way. 

in front of Korando’s the girls sweep the puddles away towards the drains quickly.  

in front of Hideaway & Soi Boomerang there’s no drains.  But there is slightly higher ground. To avoid puddle

8 hours ago, Vale46 said:

It's pretty bad.  They dug a big hole at the beginning on the Soi 15 side, so vehicles cannot go through, but Scooters can still manage to get around it.  Huge potholes that fill with water so it's almost unpassable by foot after a rain.  This was about a week ago and I don't think anything has changed since then.

Edited by Kale

Two very different comments haha. 

@jennings but Korando's and Hideaways is not the same alley. It belongs to the same street (Soi 15), but I was specifically talking about the part from the Whisper hotel straight to Buakhao. I read before that the part in front of Korando's is not as bad anymore. 

Too bad, like @Kale and others on booking.com mentioned, that part from Whisper to Buakhao seems to be awful recently. Thanks for the Intel on that!

There's no other good deals anymore so I'm sticking with Whisper hotel, and will get a moped anyway for daytime driving when I'm heading for breakfast/lunch. I guess after rain I will have to take a little detour to reach Buakhao or LK.

Edited by Vale46

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you have big boobs. It's really that simple.

14 hours ago, Vale46 said:

Two very different comments haha. 

@jennings but Korando's and Hideaways is not the same alley. It belongs to the same street (Soi 15), but I was specifically talking about the part from the Whisper hotel straight to Buakhao. I read before that the part in front of Korando's is not as bad anymore. 

Too bad, like @Kale and others on booking.com mentioned, that part from Whisper to Buakhao seems to be awful recently. Thanks for the Intel on that!

There's no other good deals anymore so I'm sticking with Whisper hotel, and will get a moped anyway for daytime driving when I'm heading for breakfast/lunch. I guess after rain I will have to take a little detour to reach Buakhao or LK.

I was referring to Soi 15.  Which most people are asking/concerned about. Not a side Soi. The Soi you’re referring to has always been full of potholes.  And it still remains that way. 

My old fellow is missing his stone bench behind Avenue Center.

Before

IMG_2919.thumb.jpeg.696366dbe9db3c178b1b74f32fd05bb3.jpeg

Last night

IMG_3229.thumb.jpeg.3f1dfc52e5f20688530a2b136f14a0a6.jpeg

IMG_3230.thumb.jpeg.7c51bc543f29b0f628fadc0462c30eba.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Larry777 said:

Before

Last night

I've gone to stroke this cheeky monkey and he gave me the side eye, as if to say "hooman, don't you dare".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I've gone to stroke this cheeky monkey and he gave me the side eye, as if to say "hooman, don't you dare".

Ive never been brave enough to get that close :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Testicles

22 hours ago, Larry777 said:

Before

Last night

I saw him laying in the dirty last night in the spot where it used to be.  Seemed happy enough just doing that.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 3

After walking on Soi 15 the past few days I have come to the following sad conclusion.  Now that it is all fixed up and cleaned up lot of drivers have decided it's a great place to park their cars and SUVs, so now there is basically only one available lane. TiT! 🤡

Edited by Kale
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

i just read the last page, but it's not clear to me: am i fine booking a place on Soi 15 for jan or feb 2024? between buakhao and travelodge, what's the status here? thanks

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, petehoax said:

i just read the last page, but it's not clear to me: am i fine booking a place on Soi 15 for jan or feb 2024? between buakhao and travelodge, what's the status here? thanks

Road work done, much more traffic.

3 hours ago, llttf said:

Don't close the thread yet.!!!

Digging today on Soi 15. Looks like repair work on the recently installed drain covers.

20231204_102355.jpg

Maybe they are resetting the height as in some patches there were puddles  about 2 inch deep  the drains were the high point.

3 hours ago, llttf said:

Don't close the thread yet.!!!

Digging today on Soi 15. Looks like repair work on the recently installed drain covers.

The thread should definitely live in glory or infamy depending on POV. Also, as AJ has pointed out, they were sort of forced to make a quick finish here, allegedly leading to cut some corners with shoddy solutions. I fully expect another round of fuckery after high season. 

TBC.