Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

Walked along Soi 15 about 15mins ago past Korandos.

As I walked where the girl in red is the digger operator swung the bucket to within about a metre of me and started scraping.

I know TIT but clearly unsafe. There was a ‘security’ man notionally managing the pedestrian flow. In practice doing nothing.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9c7dd51452653dbe5c50ea18cda5e5.jpeg

image.jpeg

Soi 15 open at Buikow end again, concrete and scrap still sitting in the middle of the soi tho.

IMG20230918140702.jpg

IMG20230918140641.jpg

IMG20230918140513.jpg

IMG20230918140508.jpg

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

49 minutes ago, Snowbird99 said:

As I walked where the girl in red is the digger operator swung the bucket to within about a metre of me and started scraping

Was there around the same time lol. Opted for the Buakhao end 7-11. Happy with the progress, though. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Starting to lay concrete on one side of the soi out front of Korando

IMG20230918150247.jpg

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

12 hours ago, Snowbird99 said:

Walked along Soi 15 about 15mins ago past Korandos.

As I walked where the girl in red is the digger operator swung the bucket to within about a metre of me and started scraping.

I know TIT but clearly unsafe. There was a ‘security’ man notionally managing the pedestrian flow. In practice doing nothing.

image.thumb.jpeg.3d9c7dd51452653dbe5c50ea18cda5e5.jpeg

image.jpeg

How many times has that one patch of dirt in front of Korandos been dug up, filled in, and then dug up again?  Possibly even concreted over in between digs.

Edited by Kale

6 hours ago, Kale said:

How many times has that one patch of dirt in front of Korandos been dug up, filled in, and then dug up again?  Possibly even concreted over in between digs.

Practice makes perfect LOL

At last! Exiting GA, both directions are now possible. Was a pleasure walking by Korando's. 

One caveat, though. According to AJ, the recent frenzy to "finish" is a result of deadlines imposed. And may very well have lead them to take shortcuts that could result in things getting messy again after high season. But fuck all that. I'm cracking a beer and celebrating the progress. 

• Like 2

Quite a bit of progress on Second Rd at the Soi 15 entrance.  However, still a lot left to do on Soi 15 itself.  
I walked down the other end of Soi 15 today and, except for the “eternal spring” in front of Korando’s, the Soi is fully paved all the way to Buakeow.IMG_5110.thumb.jpeg.b07c21e280e0e10ad9fe33fa2870bc76.jpegIMG_5110.thumb.jpeg.b07c21e280e0e10ad9fe33fa2870bc76.jpegIMG_5112.thumb.jpeg.ea43c45ddf5f0845eeef0f3d6d5c4bdc.jpeg

IMG_5111.jpeg

25 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

I was there from October 2022-January 2023, and they were basically at the same spot.  WTF have they been doing?

Have you been following the thread? Answers lie within :)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Have you been following the thread? Answers lie within :)

Awwwww C’mon @Thomaz73, make him a summary. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PGSTC776 said:

Haha.  Not headed back until April, so haven't been keeping up.  I'm just really surprised to see things haven't really progressed much.

Yep, the Thais are normally the very model of efficiency 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Not headed back until April, so haven't been keeping up

Fair enough. But probably better to not make assertions then :)

A highlight of the process (or, well, lack of same) was an accident. While they were trying to hash out who was to blame and other assorted legal shit show stuff, things were at a standstill for a long time. 6 months, I think. They also had to find a new contractor. 

• Like 2

Once they complete the 2nd road connection it will be interesting to see if Buakhao drains faster next time it floods.

Edited by Kale

51 minutes ago, Kale said:

Once they complete the 2nd road connection it will be interesting to see if Buakhao drains faster next time it floods.

Some say it already does.

On 19/09/2023 at 12:28, Leo_Bia said:

Some say it already does.

I think this is going to improve on that.  It used to take several hours for Buakhao to drain.  Now it seems to drain away a couple hours after a heavy rain.  This may reduce that even more.

Edited by Kale

Crossing my fingers works done by next week as I stay in grand avenue been delaying coming back. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0c358b614f25406d80530264a2aba0c4.jpeg 

Final pouring? 

Edited by jetdoc
  • Like 2