Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

The concreting of the Second Road end Soi 15 appears to be complete. Not only that, but road markings are being done. 

The bad news is that the concrete feels very undulating when walking over it, so be prepared for wet feet after some rain if you are a pedestrian. 

20230922_144711.thumb.jpg.9e0111a846b8d7ef2697b7bdf8e765f8.jpg

I'm not entirely sure of the status of Second Road at that intersection. It might be regarded as complete, but I hope not as there are a lot of improvements which could be made e.g. see the drain cover in this picture:

20230922_144546.thumb.jpg.b148241c1a6cfd10535452cb6a6bd09b.jpg

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

The concreting of the Second Road end Soi 15 appears to be complete. Not only that, but road markings are being done. 

The bad news is that the concrete feels very undulating when walking over it, so be prepared for wet feet after some rain if you are a pedestrian. 

20230922_144711.thumb.jpg.9e0111a846b8d7ef2697b7bdf8e765f8.jpg

I'm not entirely sure of the status of Second Road at that intersection. It might be regarded as complete, but I hope not as there are a lot of improvements which could be made e.g. see the drain cover in this picture:

20230922_144546.thumb.jpg.b148241c1a6cfd10535452cb6a6bd09b.jpg

There is a slight / hopeful possibility that they will lay asphalt on the road. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

There is a slight / hopeful possibility that they will lay asphalt on the road. 

Yes, I was thinking the same. 

It is needed on Soi 15 too (not the slightest hope, though) because it is so uneven and covered in sand. After the next rain, Soi 15 will be referred to as Klong 15! 

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Yes, I was thinking the same. 

It is needed on Soi 15 too (not the slightest hope, though) because it is so uneven and covered in sand. After the next rain, Soi 15 will be referred to as Klong 15! 

I won't be holding my breath though. 5555

The soi Buikow end yesterday and this morning

IMG20230922160506.jpg

IMG20230922160501.jpg

IMG20230922160451.jpg

IMG20230923095433.jpg

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

3 hours ago, rickyt said:

The soi Buikow end yesterday and this morning

IMG20230922160506.jpg

IMG20230922160501.jpg

IMG20230922160451.jpg

IMG20230923095433.jpg

So they leaving a leg breaking hole between the roadway and the paths and frontages of the shops and bars ??

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Seems like accommodations soi15 no longer an issue as most work completed except 15-2nd road work. Now just waiting for the next "frog strangler" to test new drainage project efforts. Got my fingers crossed.

and to those wondering if there was going to be another layer of surface put down, pretty sure it will be a no, there are now lane markers from Buakhao to the Avenue.

Yes, and it is clear from 2nd Road all the way to Soi Buckhao in each direction.

• Like 3

We should all make a point of getting a beer and pizza at Korandos now,  to help them get back into profit.

I'll make sure I do next time I'm in town.

image.thumb.jpeg.156130a35b501e3b3f69ed828f43ee3c.jpeg 

2nd road/soi15 today, "how sweeeet it is" quoting the fat man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ocka said:

We should all make a point of getting a beer and pizza at Korandos now,  to help them get back into profit

As far as I can make out, they've done well throughout this shit show. The bar has a strong following (very much including me.) Still, of course, nothing wrong with a few drinks and a pizza or two :)

3 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

As far as I can make out, they've done well throughout this shit show. The bar has a strong following (very much including me.) Still, of course, nothing wrong with a few drinks and a pizza or two :)

I'll happily come along for a pizza and a few brews.

It's great to see the shit show finally finished and the businesses at the Soi Buakow end all instantly busier.

On 25/09/2023 at 08:56, jetdoc said:

Seems like accommodations soi15 no longer an issue as most work completed except 15-2nd road work. Now just waiting for the next "frog strangler" to test new drainage project efforts. Got my fingers crossed.

If only they had built just a little bit of camber into that new road surface. The other day we had some decent (not flooding like) rain during the day. The result was large puddles across half the Soi, one specifically decent one right near Hideaway. 
I guess it was asking too much to actually engineer the whole project :)

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Dr No said:

If only they had built just a little bit of camber into that new road surface. The other day we had some decent (not flooding like) rain during the day. The result was large puddles across half the Soi, one specifically decent one right near Hideaway. 

Here in OZ I have seen some factories where the floor need to have a decent fall towards the drains,  some places the water would run to the corners of the building 3 ins deep.  Our grano workers are more useless then the Thai's 5555

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

If you've driven the recently re surfaced Theppraya Rd you'll notice that while it looks perfectly smooth it has bumps and corrugations engineered into the tar surface.

Maybe it's designed that way to keep drivers awake. 😅

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Fire Bar Matt said:

You think they are gonna waste money on a surveyor??

That's not how thinks work in LoS 

• Haha 2

On 23/09/2023 at 14:22, Tuna Town said:

So they leaving a leg breaking hole between the roadway and the paths and frontages of the shops and bars ??

2 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

You think they are gonna waste money on a surveyor??

That's not how thinks work in LoS 

You're a glass half empty kinda lad ain't ya? 

Have to tell, mate. The soi is an absolute pleasure at present. Now, if we could only get some proper rain so we'd have something to complain about. Preferably some slight flooding so we can debate whether or not all this effort was for nothing. 

6 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Now, if we could only get some proper rain so we'd have something to complain about.

If it’s any consolation Korandos business may pick now that the road is in better condition.  Forum complaints about their business model may soon be on the uptick.  😆

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Another fire in the overhead wires has just been put out outside the Amethyst. Damn lot of smoke!!!

IMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

I’m about 100m from that and haven’t heard or smelt a thing. Guess I should go out on the balcony and have a look.