Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

ALERT......for BM's not in pattaya. do not pre pay accomodation in soi 15 till you get here and look.

striderman

12 hours ago, Kale said:

What is going on at the 2nd road end?  Not Soi 15 but the dug up 2nd road lanes.  Are they going full speed ahead trying to get that done as well?

The job on 2nd is the same job thats been going on for more than a year. Directional drilling of a horizontal hole large enough to accommodate 4-5ea  6-8" pipes they pull 10-20 meter at the time.  Donno what the pipes are for but guess is cables and maybe potable water.

Looks like Karandos going to get a break tonight, if the Cpack commith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

Looks like Karandos going to get a break tonight, if the Cpack commith.

They will take the front of the bar out with the cement truck such is the vendetta they have with em 

• Haha 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

27 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

They will take the front of the bar out with the cement truck

Ladies better be careful sitting around that part of the place :)

Good Grief ,it appears to br getting worse rather than improving

2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

You'd think it would've been an idea to do the electric and internet cable while they were digging.

I am wondering if that is part of what is going on with the 2nd road dig and maybe why it's taking so long?

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

You'd think it would've been an idea to do the electric and internet cable while they were digging.

We would think so yes....but here it,s different they do things the Thai way :Laugh1:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, petermik said:

We would think so yes....but here it,s different they do things the Thai way :Laugh1:

I should have known better.  :)

• Like 2

Should I avoid booking the Amethyst for the next couple of months? I do have another booking but that is for my Feb/Mar trip.

9 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I should have known better.  :)

Oh I don't know?

In my area in the UK our estate over the last 3 years has had new gas mains pipes, the road was then resurfaced by the county council, then within six months of that (so with how long planning takes, they must have known), new water pipes and finally recently new fibre cabling so the resurfaced road looks like a patchwork quilt with joints now breaking down and the start of our own Soi Pothole! Perhaps we advised the Thais.

1 hour ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

Should I avoid booking the Amethyst for the next couple of months? I do have another booking but that is for my Feb/Mar trip.

Area in front of Amethyst is new concrete now and it looks like they're pouring that end of the street now. I think it's close to being done. Further down near Koronados they're still in dirt so who knows how fast they get to concrete.

Worst case you go out the back or go through Soi Boomerang...there are worse fates than walking past Heaven Above everyday!

3 hours ago, Tosserred said:

Worst case you go out the back or go through Soi Boomerang...there are worse fates than walking past Heaven Above everyday!

True story 😆

There's also the little L shaped soi connecting to Buakhao the other way. Amethyst isn't a problem! 

Arrived yesterday (14th) and checked into Amethyst at about 11:00. Had to wait about an hour for the room to become available. Happy with this as checkin is officially 14:00. No charge. Second stay at Amethyst, great hotel and great location. 

As an aside when I booked Amethyst a couple of weeks ago it was only available with the likes of Agoda at £120 or so a night. Only rooms apparently available were suites . Someone here suggest contacting hotel directly. This worked fine. Paying about Baht 1900 a night for a Premier room without breakfast. Thank you to whoever suggested direct contact with hotel

Taxi from airport with Nam. Usual exemplary service. 

Cannot turn into Soi 15 from Soi Buakhoe, first 10 metres or so coned off, but easy vehicular access to basement parking via adjacent side road (don’t know name). 

As of a few minutes ago (15:00 15th) excavator working in front of Korrandos. There is a narrow very uneven strip directly in front of Korrandos which is passable on foot with normal mobility. If you’re a bit unsteady I wouldn’t recommend it. 

Ok for me sober and in daylight. Wouldn’t do it at night and drunk. 

I'm staying at the Hideaway in a exactly 2 weeks so looks like it wont be a problem going through Boomerang at least.

2 minutes ago, Doubleh said:

I'm staying at the Hideaway in a exactly 2 weeks so looks like it wont be a problem going through Boomerang at least.

No problem (at the moment), I walked there last night.

image.thumb.jpeg.ae5cba007cbe87232759e53799bfe4c0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.57ee4765da4dad30acd5d29450649df5.jpeg

Still dealing with hole by Korandoes but walking better than it has been for the best part of a year. No clue as to how long before she can go west with the truck.

SeeSoi Buikow end looks like it is nearing completion

IMG20230917145929.jpg

IMG20230917145915.jpg

IMG20230917145912.jpg

IMG20230917145906.jpg

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger