IGNORED

Maxx Central Serviced Apartments

MintyCock

Just a question for anyone still living there.

that wall has been up for over 2-3 months and it looks like it is not coming down.So the questions are

1. People who live there and are on the side where the wall has been put up, are you getting any discount for the rent and electric? Especially all those on studio's where now you do not have any window

2. Have you asked when/if this was is ever coming down?

3. If anyone bought a room there and knows someone who has, has anyone got their paper of ownership yet? if not how long have you been told to wait?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Monthly/daily ratios are all over the place ranging from 10 to 30.

Some places like the security of having long term residents and keep the ratio low to attract them. While other places keep the ratio at 30.

I get that, but not the nearly 3 to 1 ratio. I have never seen a spread like that before.

I get that, but not the nearly 3 to 1 ratio. I have never seen a spread like that before.

I can explain this for you.

Here is the secret, this is not in fact a condo but a hotel and by Thai law 51% must be Thai owned.

The developer only sold 49% of the rooms. Most buyers were overseas investors. Their rooms he rents out on long term basis,

His rooms he prefers on short-term basis, making triple the rental.

So if you come to take room for long term he is more likely to put you in one of the sold rooms before filling up his. While in low season, he works it other way around.

Like discussed in this thread, the developer/owner is a dirty little fcker!

• 3 months later...

Any news about this place please, it seems they start to build the swimming pool, what are the rent prices now?

Any news about this place please, it seems they start to build the swimming pool, what are the rent prices now?

From what i know rents are the same, but it is not a pool, it is something like a little bath tub.

I do not think anyone in adult size would be able to take a swim.

If i was an owner there, i would seriously be considering legal action, because the pool shown prior on the paper is no where near to the actual pool

hi guys that receptionist tookie? twokey something like that is she still working there? stayed at maxx last time she was a hottie.....anyone tried to take her out ST? what do you say to hotel receptionist or someone who you ain't sure if she will go with customer? I dont' know what to say lol......also the night shift people in the hotel food court are hot too....I should go there and see if they all still work there

• 4 months later...

I'll bring this thread back from the dead. I do wish I'd seen this thread sooner, because I'll be staying here ... actually I'll be staying in Maxx place because there were no rooms available in Maxx central.

A bit of background :

I've been living with my non BG girlfriend for a little while in BKK (a lovely genuine girl, but that's another story). I work outside of Thailand for a few weeks at a time and then return. Whilst I was away my girl called me to say she got a job in Pattaya and we needed to move. I love Patts so I agreed. I told her to find a good condo and this is the place she found.

She has been living there for 2 weeks now and would mention the bad points stright away, but so far she has been happy. She is not known for accepting low standards since I've been with her.

Anyway, I'll be on a plane to LOS tonight and I'll be in the place tomorrow. I'll give an update on how the place and the area is doing now and let you guys know. My gf is actually working as an assistant manager for a company that looks for condo accomodation for Thais and farang people, so she should have her finger on the pulse about this place.

To be continued.

yes keep us updated please, I might go back there since it's pretty cheap and nice rooms. I really hope the management have changed to the better since the last time

^

Management still the same, swimming pool o.k. if you swim alone, not really made for more than 2 persons, still a lot of noise from karaokes and futsal fields at all hours of the night.

They make now, what I think, an outside bar.

The 2 previous reception girls( tall and petite) left.

So far I cannot comment on Maxx Central as I am living in Maxx Place. I did pay Maxx Central a visit yesterday and it does give the impression of a nice place to live. The pool is indeed very small, but I personally don't swim so not an issue for me. The fitness centre is tiny. It is just a few running and rowing machines. I'm a regular at Tony's Gym in Soi 16, so again this isn't an issue for me.

As for Maxx place, so far so good. The room is modern and clean. The shower, toilet, sink TV etc are working as they should. No bad smells from the plumbing. The internet is the fastest I've used in Thailand. When I say it's fast it's good for Thailand (2MB download tested on a broadband speed check website). It hasn't gone down yet. I like to stream videos from youtube and it's been fine for that.

Couple of problems, the key for the second lock for the front door is troublesome. The main lock is fine, but I can't lock the dead-bolt from the outside. Also the compressor for the AC has just stopped operating today. My girlfriend will speak to the girls on reception today and it will be a good test to see how quickly these things are fixed.

Another downside for Maxx Place is that the rear rooms face a school and it's customary for schools to transmit some sort of commentary over a PA system in the morning at evening. It's quite loud and does wake me up. As for the location, it's fine for me. If you have a motorbike you can get around no problem. There are bars and shops close by ... granted not like walking steet, but 3rd road is close walking distance. I've given up mongering for the moment so it's just perfect for me.

Oh yes, the wall is down at Maxx Central if that hasn't been mentioned previously.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything and feel free to ask any questions. I have to move out of here in a month and I'm still considering Maxx Central at the moment. The location is perfect for my gf's work and kinda like it here.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at Maxx Central this year for 4 1/2 months from Jan-May.Its pretty good value for the standard of room,as I had a 42sqm studio and if you stayed 3 months or more you got it for 10500 baht pm.Cleaning twice a week was 1200 pm and electric and water was about 1000-1300pm so all in,just under 13000 baht pm.

The only problem I had with this place was the bed,as it was really hard and I had carpet burns on my knees the hole time.lol I asked the receptionist Tuk Tic {one the hottest girls ive seen in pattaya} could I change rooms and she said all the beds are the same as they were bought in bulk so that's the reason im not going to stay their again but if you've got knees of steel, its spot on.lol

Theres a few Karaokes bars nearby and football across the road being played by thais but that didnt annoy me.Its on soi 14 I think,on 3rd road so good location and not that far Carrefour.

Hers a few pics!

DSC00459.JPG

DSC00461.JPG

DSC00464.JPG

DSC00465.JPG

DSC00467.JPG

DSC00469.JPG

DSC00470.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

so you liked it? other than the bed? maybe they have gotten better? were the towels clean everytime they did room service. when things were borken did they fix it in a reasonable time? internet there before was really slow..how's the speed now? when you moved in were there toilet tissue, soap, can opener, towels? when I mvoed in before there were none of those and when I asked it took them forever to give me those. btw did you hook up with Tuk Tik? I wanted to ask her but I was living there...so didn't do it heh I wonder if she goes if you ask her. Actually the very first time when I got there, she showed me the room, and I asked how much one night, she said in a tiny voice 3000, then I said it's 1050 one night I remmebered from website. lol and I didn't go back to that

So far I cannot comment on Maxx Central as I am living in Maxx Place. I did pay Maxx Central a visit yesterday and it does give the impression of a nice place to live. The pool is indeed very small, but I personally don't swim so not an issue for me. The fitness centre is tiny. It is just a few running and rowing machines. I'm a regular at Tony's Gym in Soi 16, so again this isn't an issue for me.

As for Maxx place, so far so good. The room is modern and clean. The shower, toilet, sink TV etc are working as they should. No bad smells from the plumbing. The internet is the fastest I've used in Thailand. When I say it's fast it's good for Thailand (2MB download tested on a broadband speed check website). It hasn't gone down yet. I like to stream videos from youtube and it's been fine for that.

Couple of problems, the key for the second lock for the front door is troublesome. The main lock is fine, but I can't lock the dead-bolt from the outside. Also the compressor for the AC has just stopped operating today. My girlfriend will speak to the girls on reception today and it will be a good test to see how quickly these things are fixed.

Another downside for Maxx Place is that the rear rooms face a school and it's customary for schools to transmit some sort of commentary over a PA system in the morning at evening. It's quite loud and does wake me up. As for the location, it's fine for me. If you have a motorbike you can get around no problem. There are bars and shops close by ... granted not like walking steet, but 3rd road is close walking distance. I've given up mongering for the moment so it's just perfect for me.

Oh yes, the wall is down at Maxx Central if that hasn't been mentioned previously.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything and feel free to ask any questions. I have to move out of here in a month and I'm still considering Maxx Central at the moment. The location is perfect for my gf's work and kinda like it here.

hi so did u move to max central how is it what is internet like? i do like pic on site and on here but i dont know after reading threads on here!!!!

Maxx central has had some bad posts here but for me overall I enjoyed my stay their.Yes the internet was slow but for your emails,its ok.When staying monthly you have to supply your own toilet rolls, soap etc.The maid service was good as I asked them to leave me 4 towels every clean instead of 2 which was not a problem for a small tip!I asked Tuk Tic if she wanted to go out some night for a bit to eat and go to the cinema,she said she would after she finish study in about 3 weeks,but I had many ladies come and go and I couldn't bring myself to ask her again.

Yes I would stay their again if they changed the beds.lol

I stopped in to Maxx Central today and it was booked until Mid January and so was Maxx Place. She was very nice and wanted me to see the rooms so I might come back in January.

It looked nice from the lobby. Probably the real clue is that, yes it is high season, but still it is not exactly on the beaten track. Just a minute off 3rd road but still a bit back. All that said, full until Jan 15 or so.

Sunseek01

Maxx central has had some bad posts here but for me overall I enjoyed my stay their.Yes the internet was slow but for your emails,its ok.When staying monthly you have to supply your own toilet rolls, soap etc.The maid service was good as I asked them to leave me 4 towels every clean instead of 2 which was not a problem for a small tip!I asked Tuk Tic if she wanted to go out some night for a bit to eat and go to the cinema,she said she would after she finish study in about 3 weeks,but I had many ladies come and go and I couldn't bring myself to ask her again.

Yes I would stay their again if they changed the beds.lol

You say the internet is slow, how slow is it, can you stream youtube videos, is it plug in or wifi? Also how bad is the Karaoke bar noise, if you shut the windows and doors can you still hear the thumbing bass noise? Before I stayed in a place near 3rd road and every night a karaoke bar near by would start about 8:30 pm with the Issan music, I could hear it if I sat outside on the balcony but could not hear it in the room, but got tired of it when friends would come over and we wanted to sit outside, difficult to find the perfect place. I need reliable internet with at least medium speed and and a nice place in the 12,000 baht range for 3 months starting mid Jan. Thanks, Paul...

Internet, plug in, speed with ups and downs , Karaoke noise seems to stop now at about 2.am, for 12.000 ThB, you will have a studio( the smallest one), electricity , water, cable T.V., maid, to pay extra, internet is free, if you stay more than 3 months they reduce the price.

I am afraid it will be very difficult to find something nice for this price, but of course the term "nice" is very subjective.

Maybe here : http://ktkpattaya.com/home.html

Edited by TinTin

hi there i am thinking of staying here few questions are rooms smoking? does rooms have internet wifi?

and is it nice in location? and any1 have pictures off one bed studios except whats on their website

would b nice to see someones who has already stayed there thanx :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

bloody 11 pages good and bad reviews very confusing but i am still confused if il be booking this place but looks very nice!!!

what would u guys do where would yall stay for around 15000-18000 monthly!!! :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

I have just checked maxx central website and they have put their prices up.

My mate thaihot checked out KTK for me today from 2nd Jan for 3 months up and they only have 1 studio C available at 16,000 so taz this would suit your budget?

hey thanx RWH20

but issue is that i need 2 maybe 3 rooms as me and my friend are travelling together i have also stayed at a place near ktk checked it out looked nice but staff to me was not pleasant but that jus might be me!!!!..

but after conversation with the owner via email he sounds all good so maybe i will be just booking maxx

but any suggestions in that range maybe up 19000 a month each for 2 seprate places. :001_Thank_You5: :001_Thank_You5:

taz, I don't have any suggestions for 2-3 room condos as I only look for studios for myself,but good luck on your search.When are you looking it for?