Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

NFL

malenurse

Enjoyed the Lions Bucs game, but bet went down when the Bucs could not keep it under 6.

Was in bed for the Bills Chiefs, but will watch today.

Call me foolish, but I'm taking both dogs with the points.

Epic comeback win for Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy and the 49ers, beating the Detroit Lions after falling behind 24-7 and looking completely outplayed at halftime. Niners and Chiefs in a Superbowl rematch. Dan Campbell has done a great job with the Lions, but there were a few calls where he decided to stay aggressive that  backfired.

9 minutes ago, michaelduni said:

Epic comeback win for Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy and the 49ers, beating the Detroit Lions after falling behind 24-7 and looking completely outplayed at halftime. Niners and Chiefs in a Superbowl rematch. Dan Campbell has done a great job with the Lions, but there were a few calls where he decided to stay aggressive that  backfired.

Lions 3 points down, on the road in the 4th quarter and he doesn't kick the FG to tie? I don't understand the logic. 

Edited by Billy Shears

42 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

Lions 3 points down, on the road in the 4th quarter and he doesn't kick the FG to tie? I don't understand the logic. 

There is an old axiom in sports that you play for the tie at home, while on the road you play for the win.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

There is an old axiom in sports that you play for the tie at home, while on the road you play for the win.

At the very end of the game sure, but not when there is still half of the 4th quarter to go. Anyways, Detroit covered so I'm happy, but it would have been nice to see the Lions in the SB for the very first time.

I really dislike both teams in the Super Bowl; hope the commercials are good.😎

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

4 hours ago, padfoot said:

I really dislike both teams in the Super Bowl; hope the commercials are good.😎

I'm with you on that I wish they could both lose

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I stopped watching NFL games a long time ago, but strangely I enjoy reading about the players, and follow interesting teams. I sometimes just watch YT highlights.

What a hell of a season! So many storylines. 

Now Mr. Irrevelant Purdy against the Great One Mahomes.

Looks like the game can go either way.

I wonder which heroes and villains will emerge? That's what interests me. 

And the most important burning question:

Will Taylor Swift fly from Tokyo during her tour to attend the Super Bowl, and immediately have to fly back for her next concert?

If I was Taylor, I wouldn't.

Imagine how terrible her return flight would be if the Chiefs lost. 🤣

There is a rumor that Kelce will propose to Swift on the field if the Chiefs win. Hoping for a Niners win 😀.

The very quick rise of Brock Purdy, his ability to make the right decisions under pressure, and his leadership & temperament all make his story quite compelling. Compare what he has done with Lamar, Dak, Josh Allen, Goff and many other very highly paid QB's, and he has been an absolute steal for the niners with his very tiny rookie salary. And of course, he did have some luck as well, which all add to the color & drama in his story.

18 minutes ago, michaelduni said:

The very quick rise of Brock Purdy, his ability to make the right decisions under pressure, and his leadership & temperament all make his story quite compelling . . .

If not for that extremely unlucky disastrous injury to his elbow in last season's playoffs, Purdy might very well have led the Forty-Niners to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

That would have been equal to Magic Johnson as a rookie leading the LA Lakers to the NBA title -- with an astonishing performance in the title-clinching game, scoring 42 points while starting at center because Kareem Abdul Jabbar was injured.

That's the very shitty thing about football.  It's a violent game.

An injury to a key player can change everything.

Edited by kingofsurf
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kingofsurf said:

If not for that extremely unlucky disastrous injury to his elbow in last season's playoffs, Purdy might very well have led the Forty-Niners to the Super Bowl as a rookie.

That would have been equal to Magic Johnson as a rookie leading the LA Lakers to the NBA title -- with an astonishing performance in the title-clinching game, scoring 42 points while starting at center because Kareem Abdul Jabbar was injured.

That's the very shitty thing about football.  It's a violent game.

An injury to a key player can change everything.

Don't see how you can compare one player's value on a five man team, with one on a 22 player team, but ok.

P.S. Go Chiefs, 555

Edited by Billy Shears

Well I am a complete Newbie after starting to watch NFL's Netflix series. I decided my team was going to be the Chiefs and WOOHOO they have made the finals :D 

Let's go Patrick :)

• Like 1

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes, lots of talk about Mahomes replacing Brady as the GOAT - he is almost unbeatable in the playoffs. Chiefs 4th superbowl in 5 years - the closest thing to a dynasty in football after the Patriots epic run with Brady.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, michaelduni said:

Yes, lots of talk about Mahomes replacing Brady as the GOAT - he is almost unbeatable in the playoffs. Chiefs 4th superbowl in 5 years - the closest thing to a dynasty in football after the Patriots epic run with Brady.

I kinda feel the Niners are the more complete team.  But I'm not betting against the Chiefs with Mahomes. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, michaelduni said:

I kinda get the feeling the Chiefs are in the declining phase, as evidenced by this season, with cracks starting to show on offense. 

The Chiefs might not even get to the Superbowl after this year, who knows?

Since the NFL is structured to create parity via the draft, the Brady-Bellichick dynasty is almost unbelievable for its length. 

But yeah, I wouldn't bet against Mahomes.

In those two Super Bowls won by the Chiefs, it seemed like Mahomes just took over and wins by sheer force of will.

If I could make an NFL dream team and pick from any player in history, I guess I would pick Mahomes for my QB.  (My second choice would be Joe Montana, over Tom Brady.)

One of the most horrible things I saw in a game was this hit on Montana near the end of his career.

Edited by kingofsurf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, madmike said:

I kinda feel the Niners are the more complete team.  But I'm not betting against the Chiefs with Mahomes. 

Yes, I agree - they did not have to pay a lot for a star QB, and were able to spend that money on CMC, Deebo, Warner, Aiyuk, Kittle etc. The Chiefs had to pay through their nose to retain Mahomes and make him the richest QB ever (he is worth every penny imho), so there not able to pay for other talent the way the niners have (Kelce is amazing).

I just absolutely love the Brock Purdy story, even more than the Kelce-Swift story. Brock gets a lot of hate from the "experts" , because they are in disbelief that someone recruited so low in the draft can be so effective and win like the way he has. The kid just turned 24, wears his faith on his sleeve, and is always crediting this teammates - its quite amazing to see the veterans and the superstars on the team all believe so much in him - a good example of strong leadership in someone so young.

Should be a good one to watch, and hopefully its super competitive till the very end.

• Like 3

Again, I don't know a lot about it all, but didn't the Chiefs lose a few really good players this year, especially receivers (?) I am sure there was a couple of real stars missing this year, but they still got there, so that must say something :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

16 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Again, I don't know a lot about it all, but didn't the Chiefs lose a few really good players this year, especially receivers (?) I am sure there was a couple of real stars missing this year, but they still got there, so that must say something :)

Players come and go, it's up to the coach to make adjustments. Part of the reason they're still successful is their head coach, Andy Reed is a football genius. 

• Like 1

I'm disappointed that they both can't lose

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Oh stop it, 555

2 hours ago, Soi7 said:

You are a glass half-empty person. 

I am a glass half-full person.   I'm happy one of them will lose. 😅😅

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

16 players in college football made more this season than Purdy