Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food Trip Report Live

1 hour ago, princeofwales said:

I know what you mean about prime burger 

Went there about 2 hours ago it too busy ended eating at beer hub

How was beer hub by the way?

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

12 minutes ago, Jake.houston said:

Oh, now you’re talking. Love me some Taco Taco. Really the best Tex/Mex I’ve found any where in Asia. Great owners and chill place. Many options that are not to be missed if you like this type of fare. Here is a friend I took there for her first visit. I think she started going every other day after this trip.

Last photo not about food, but you get the idea. 

DAC30521-BDFB-45AD-96F7-F3BEAECE1537.jpeg

8AC19117-2C7F-49AD-96FC-54EA302F3D1B.jpeg

2DD84088-0490-4E26-80D3-D178D4071F01.jpeg

D95B637E-5155-4BD4-BB24-E442FF376C35.jpeg

06842A12-2D44-4D78-A850-A65C7ED00786.jpeg

F07DCB36-B618-487F-A1DB-AA23A3736019.jpeg

4A596154-A715-473A-AC68-4D8E6BA9CE1E.jpeg

Wonderful :08:

4 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

How was beer hub by the way?

I had chicken tikka kebab

Nice but over priced at 300

Good pint of stella though 

The rack looks appetizing enough, the chips look a tad dry & bland though. Just nitpicking 55

Yeah the ribs look good. It’s inspired me to go back to Hideaway & try them again. Wasn’t a fan last time but they certainly didn’t look as nice as the ones in the pic

39 minutes ago, princeofwales said:

I had chicken tikka kebab

Nice but over priced at 300

Good pint of stella though 

There is a guy who has a food cart near there selling chicken Tikka for 50b (see one of my previous posts - they are fantastic)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrJ200 said:

There is a guy who has a food cart near there selling chicken Tikka for 50b (see one of my previous posts - they are fantastic)

I read it

I'm going to try it today

14 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

I'm going to apologise in advancd to those of you reading this post. Dinner tonight is McDonalds (sorry, sorry, sorry). "Why go to Thailand to eat McDonald's?" Well I live here and Thai food everyday is boring:)

ahhhhhhhhhhhh McD ............ the Kiss of the western world!

At least you get consistency with them ........ not the best burger in the world but you know what you're getting.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

GREAT thread!  I'm sure that I will refer back to it on my next trip.

What was the syrup like with the pancakes?  I stupidly ordered pancakes un Udon Thani once, that they put honey on them.  Pancakes at Chill Inn looked great.

The lack of Yorkshire Pudding with the Sunday roast and Christmas lunch would have been dealbreakers for me.  I can't get a decent Yorkshire Pudding here in LA, so I always love to get them in Pattaya (I'm a Yank, but my Grandma was a Brit and made FANTASTIC Yorkshire Pudding!)

Just a quick plug for Kung's Hot Sausages, also on Soi Buakhao.  I don't think it is far from some of the other places you are frequenting and you might want to check it out.  She seems like a really nice lady, and I thought the sausage that I had there was delicious.

15 hours ago, Jake.houston said:

Oh, now you’re talking. Love me some Taco Taco. Really the best Tex/Mex I’ve found any where in Asia. Great owners and chill place. Many options that are not to be missed if you like this type of fare. Here is a friend I took there for her first visit. I think she started going every other day after this trip.

Last photo not about food, but you get the idea. 

Well the food looks great. That and your "friend" are reasons enough to fly to LOS Post-Haste. :)

Is your friend accepting dinner invitations? :D

Just kidding. Thanks for the great post and images. 

• Like 2

Last night was a late one as I stayed up to watch the football (Arsenal v MU).

Woke up around 3pm (I really need to get my sleeping pattern sorted soon as I'm back to work on the 6th) and headed to retox on soi honey. The only thing I dislike about this place is the smoking inside. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think smoking was allowed at their old location in lengkee?

Today, retox has a special for 199b toad in the hole. I decided to go for it.

I couldn't finish it, there was enough to feed 2 people.  The waitress was super friendly too.

IMG20200102154207.jpg

18 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

The McDs looks ok but obviously not in the same league as Prime Burger.

Prime burger is overrated in my opinion had 2 burgers from there over the last few weeks both 6/10 

You can get better burgers from Carl’s Junior in festival,.

22 minutes ago, MrJ200 said:

Last night was a late one as I stayed up to watch the football (Arsenal v MU).

Woke up around 3pm (I really need to get my sleeping pattern sorted soon as I'm back to work on the 6th) and headed to Retox on soi honey. The only thing I dislike about this place is the smoking inside. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think smoking was allowed at their old location in lengkee?

Today, Retox has a special for 199b toad in the hole. I decided to go for it.

I couldn't finish it, there was enough to feed 2 people.  The waitress was super friendly too.

IMG20200102154207.jpg

Were the sausages decent?

44 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Prime burger is overrated in my opinion had 2 burgers from there over the last few weeks both 6/10 

Thanks for the heads up mate.

Will give it a go in April.

Great report. The Penang at Sailor Bar looks good and at 80b is a steal. Will give it a try next time I'm in Pattaya. 

Cafe Pitini on Soi Buakhao does a fantastic Penang Gai, I can't get enough of it when I'm there I eat it every day for my evening meal always ask them to make it spicy. They also do a lovely Kana Moo grob. I definitely recommend you should try this place and the dishes I've mentioned. 

3 hours ago, Pheat said:

Yes Carl's also has a nice view upstairs in the daytime.

3 hours ago, Pheat said:

Were the sausages decent?

They were a tad overcooked but not too much. Better sausages than other places that's for sure.

1 hour ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

Great report. The Penang at Sailor Bar looks good and at 80b is a steal. Will give it a try next time I'm in Pattaya. 

Cafe Pitini on Soi Buakhao does a fantastic Penang Gai, I can't get enough of it when I'm there I eat it every day for my evening meal always ask them to make it spicy. They also do a lovely Kana Moo grob. I definitely recommend you should try this place and the dishes I've mentioned. 

Cafe pitini is on my list for sure. 

7 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

What was the syrup like with the pancakes?  I stupidly ordered pancakes un Udon Thani once, that they put honey on them.  Pancakes at Chill Inn looked great.

Sorry mate I'm no syrup judge, I'll leave that to the Canucks 555 it was good enough for me

Edited by MrJ200

13 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Cafe pitini is on my list for sure. 

MrJ200 Check the breakfast special out if you have time finish’s at 5.00pm extra 10baht for a cappuccino/latte

Edited by Pheat

Last night I forgot to take a photo of my drunken snack so the image is taken from Google. One of my favourite street foods.

5 for 20b off a street vendor who was making his way down soi 8.

These are Chinese pork dumplings (shu Mai). In Thai it is called "khanon Jeep moo" - the seller also had chicken and shrimp varieties. 

images.jpeg

• Like 3

Well after promising myself for the past few days to wake up early, I still didn't manage it. Was out until 4am and then didn't wake up until 3pm. By the time I was done with my morning exercise with my LT, it was almost 5pm as I was leaving my room. Tried to get in Cafe Pitini but it was full, so headed to @Hideaway again on Soi 15. The ribs were fantastic last time but I decided to try something different.

Grilled BBQ chicken with 2 sides for 185b. Trying to be healthy by ordering vegetables :P Just after this photo I covered it all in the smokehouse BBQ sauce they offer.

IMG20200103171703_01.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

Late night snack:

Walking back through soi new plaza to my hotel and I see my favourite Tikka man! Of course, I can't walk past without buying!!

50b for 1.

IMG20200104002805.jpg

Well I finally managed to wake up at a more acceptable time! 11am! I'll probably head back to Bangkok this evening. Was debating about staying and coming back tomorrow afternoon, so this could be my last food photo.

Breakfast at Cafe Pitini on Soi Buakhow. Opposite At All Coffee.

I had the full English breakfast 159b with an extra 10b for the latte. Nice cup of coffee here. Breakfast was good - less greasy/oily than other places. Sprinkling of black pepper too. My fried egg was slightly undercooked. I like a runny yolk but the egg white was also a little runny. Could have done with 1 or 2 more minutes. Sausage was great - not those skinny ones you typically get. Also the addition of the hash brown was welcoming.

I sat outside as the inside was full. Flies seemed to be landing at the table/on my glass/on my plate every 2 mins so had to rush my food. 

Probably best quality breakfast I've had in Patts over the past few years.

Cafe Pitini is very popular. The past few days I've tried to get in they've always been full. They seem to have a great menu and the cakes look appetising inside (sadly I had no room to try)

IMG20200104114218.jpg

IMG20200104114926.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

3 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Late night snack:

Walking back through soi new plaza to my hotel and I see my favourite Tikka man! Of course, I can't walk past without buying!!

50b for 1.

IMG20200104002805.jpg

That's Mr Bau, cracking chicken Tikka, same here, cant resist if in the area.