IGNORED

Food Trip Report Live

The moo likes rather appetising. It’s making my mouth water just looking at it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

IMG20191223080202.jpg

Not enough veggies! :) Thanks for the report tho , we cant be in the bars 24hrs a day!

When at the airport 'staff canteen' I prefer the Duck Noodles or the rice stall where you select your own dishes. You are right , the place is cheaper and IMHO much better than the ones upstairs.

I refer the Singapore/Malaysia version (pic found online) with the char siew slightly charred

P1200239.thumb.JPG.1eeb73772455e5ec5716d779b9063f6c.JPG)

Please remember to like and subscribe.

1 hour ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Not enough veggies! :) Thanks for the report tho , we cant be in the bars 24hrs a day!

When at the airport 'staff canteen' I prefer the Duck Noodles or the rice stall where you select your own dishes. You are right , the place is cheaper and IMHO much better than the ones upstairs.

I refer the Singapore/Malaysia version (pic found online) with the char siew slightly charred

P1200239.thumb.JPG.1eeb73772455e5ec5716d779b9063f6c.JPG)

Yes that looks great. I didn't know this place existed until probably my 3rd/4th visit to swampy. Now I always stop off there when going on holiday. 

Whilst I'm only going to do a TR about food, I will just say that I've arrived at VT7 in Jomtien and have a cracking view. Had some 7/11 snacks(no pics sorry) and have stocked the fridge up with beer.

Time to relax on the balcony.

IMG20191223135730.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

Good evening BMs.

These next couple of days there isn't much happening as my Thai gf is with me for 2 days, hence why we are staying in Jomtien. I also said I wouldn't be eating Thai food but so far each meal has been Thai Style 555

This evening we walked to Rompho market, roughly around 10-15mins walk from VT7.

In the photos we have:

Minced chicken spring rolls (10b per piece) with sweet chilli sauce. These were very tasty, I could have eaten around 10 of them!! 

Pad Thai Chicken - added condiments after the photo. Pretty good for 45b.

Fruit (20b each). Just so you know I'm getting something healthy in my diet!

IMG20191223185008.jpg

IMG20191223183951.jpg

IMG20191223184656.jpg

So had a lie in today so didn't make it anywhere for breakfast. Peanut butter on toast and a coffee whilst sitting on the balcony.

This evening we had a fried fish (as you can see from the photo my gf was pretty hungry and couldn't wait to get stuck in 555). I think the fish was 200 baht from some restaurant along the seafront 

After this, bought a roti with chocolate sauce for 30 baht. Unfortunately, it tasted just like an omelette with chocolate sauce, not very sweet either. One of the worst ive had.

IMG20191224164359.jpg

IMG20191224172613.jpg

Final meal today was a margharita pizza from Labocca Italian Restaurant. We had it delivered via grab. Original price was 195b but had a discount code with grab for 60b off. So price came to 135b. Bargain! Pizza was ok, miles better than pizza company etc. Gf's only complaint was that they didn't send any oregano or ketchup 555 you know how these Thai girls are with pizza.

Pizza and Netflix, that's how we're seeing in Christmas. Merry Christmas all.

IMG20191224212840.jpg

IMG20191224214923.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

21 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

This evening we had a fried fish (as you can see from the photo my gf was pretty hungry and couldn't wait to get stuck in 555). I think the fish was 200 baht from some restaurant along the seafront

IMG20191224164359.jpg

That's a tilapia , if lake caught or farmed , it has a muddy taste/smell. Sea ones are better but not cheaper or easily available. A better fish to deep fry would be the sea bass , easily available but also slightly more expensive. 300-400B at the thai food places. I could have one of them for an entire meal! I once finished a fish to the bones and sent it back to the kitchen , claiming mai aloi! Cracked the whole kitchen up!

Are you gonna try durians? :) 

Tip : try the Mutton Briyani at the Arab restaurants behind Walking Street. This was taken a few years ago. The meat just melts in your mouth!

post-140068-0-91012100-1453285673.jpg

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk
  • Like 2

Please remember to like and subscribe.

4 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

That's a tilapia , if lake caught or farmed , it has a muddy taste/smell. Sea ones are better but not cheaper or easily available. A better fish to deep fry would be the sea bass , easily available but also slightly more expensive. 300-400B at the thai food places. I could have one of them for an entire meal! I once finished a fish to the bones and sent it back to the kitchen , claiming mai aloi! Cracked the whole kitchen up!

Are you gonna try durians? :) 

Tip : try the Mutton Briyani at the Arab restaurants behind Walking Street. This was taken a few years ago. The meat just melts in your mouth!

post-140068-0-91012100-1453285673.jpg

I'm not a lover of seafood or fish. I found this fish good as it didn't have the salty taste due to not being a salt-water fish.

Today:

Skipped breakfast, sent the gf back to BKK on the bus as she has to work tomorrow. 

Met a few friends for Christmas lunch at Hungry Hippo on soi buakhow. Came to circa 340b - 2 choice of meats plus a diet Coke. The dinner itself was ok, but no Yorkshire pudding was a bummer. But I guess you get what you pay for. It's 7pm and I'm still full, not bad eh! I even ate all my vegetables :wink:

IMG20191225133150.jpg

Some snaps of the various street food would be nice, specially the yum (salads) that the street vendors rustle up in a notch with pork, shrimp, squids etc.

................................................................................................................

25 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Some snaps of the various street food would be nice, specially the yum (salads) that the street vendors rustle up in a notch with pork, shrimp, squids etc.

Will try and get some for you although I rarely eat street food in Patts.

This evening went with my barfine to sailor bar soi 8 for cocktails and food.

I love the cocktails here. Had Mai Tai at 60b. For food, paneng gai and rice (85b). Was good, maybe needed a bit more spice to it though. However, the curry had lots of meat in it, which is great! Sailor bar is always busy and probably the only place worth visiting on soi 8.

IMG20191225210644.jpg

IMG20191225204825.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

Today:

Slightly late getting up today (2pm) so brunch was on the cards. We went to a place called 'Chill inn'. It's on soi buakhow somewhere in-between Chaba Hut Resort and Chunky Monkey.

Friends&bfines had various Thai dishes which they said were pretty good. I went for the American Breakfast (around 139b iirc). It had streaky bacon, fried eggs, toast and pancakes. Also came with OJ and coffee. I quite like the coffee at this place too. The pancakes were really good!

Great value imo.

IMG20191226145249.jpg

IMG20191226143159.jpg

6 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Friends&bfines had various Thai dishes which they said were pretty good. I went for the American Breakfast (around 139b iirc). It had streaky bacon, fried eggs, toast and pancakes. Also came with OJ and coffee. I quite like the coffee at this place too. The pancakes were really good!

Great value imo.

Thats my goto place when I'm in town,

Yellow Curry & Pad Krapow are really good there. 

Also great staff there, always smiling.

Dinner:

Not much as I got distracted by the offer of LK Metro. Chicken Tikka sticks on soi buakhow. This guy is always there opposite endless, which is just up from Chunky Monkey. 50b per stick, and there's a lot of meat on one stick. Really tasty, if a bit spicy. Love it!! How street food should be.

IMG20191226225721.jpg

Brunch today, a little disappointing.

Went to chill inn again but it was full. Was looking forward to some pancakes! Ended up a few doors down at Chunky Monkey. Sausage, egg, beans and chips 169b I think it was.

IMG20191227142015.jpg

Thank you very much for posting about your foodie experiences. It is very much appreciated from myself and I'm sure many others MrJ200. Oh, and your photographs are first class.

Early dinner:

Cod and chips on the special at Cheap Charlies. My first visit to this place. Food is unbelievably cheap (living up to the name), friendly servers too. I don't eat a lot of veggies, so the mushy peas were a welcome sight. Hope they prevent me from getting sick lol

129baht + 45b for Coke light.

Will have to make it here for breakfast at some point! 

IMG20191227191554.jpg

Edited by MrJ200
  • Like 2

Eating good, eating healthy 55 (somewhat) 

• Haha 2

................................................................................................................

1 hour ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Eating good, eating healthy 55 (somewhat) 

A monger marches on his stomach :D

• Like 1

Well, I don't know what I should call it. Dinner? Breakfast ? Beer snack?

My LLT girl is working cashier now so I had to wait until 2am for her to finish work. Went to a moo kata (bbq) place on 3rd road. 299b per person. It's not almost 6am as I'm writing this, just arrived at my room.

As a tourist I guess these places have appeal, but for me it's pretty normal. I don't eat seafood but my girl and her friend seemed to enjoy. Bill came to 1200 including a few beers.

I'm not extremely OCD about these places but the meat is left out, probably for quite a few hours without proper refrigeration. Add in the flies and ants and it can put you out of action for a few days. I hope my body has adapted after living here for 3 years lol. 

Girls seemed to enjoy the seafood, which was still alive.

IMG20191228034604.jpg

IMG20191228034546.jpg

IMG20191228031606.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

On 26/12/2019 at 01:29, MrJ200 said:

Today:

Slightly late getting up today (2pm) so brunch was on the cards. We went to a place called 'Chill inn'. It's on soi buakhow somewhere in-between Chaba Hut Resort and Chunky Monkey.

Great value imo.

IMG20191226145249.jpg

IMG20191226143159.jpg

Enjoying your daily reports, MrJ200. Can you tell me if you were given adequate syrup with the pancakes? I prefer a bottle at the table rather than a tiny bowl of syrup. TIA

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

14 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Early dinner:

Cod and chips on the special at Cheap Charlies. My first visit to this place. Food is unbelievably cheap (living up to the name), friendly servers too. I don't eat a lot of veggies, so the mushy peas were a welcome sight. Hope they prevent me from getting sick lol

129baht + 45b for Coke light.

Will have to make it here for breakfast at some point! 

IMG20191227191554.jpg

Is this just a Friday special or on everyday menu?

On 27/12/2019 at 00:31, MrJ200 said:

Dinner:

Not much as I got distracted by the offer of LK Metro. Chicken Tikka sticks on soi buakhow. This guy is always there opposite endless, which is just up from Chunky Monkey. 50b per stick, and there's a lot of meat on one stick. Really tasty, if a bit spicy. Love it!! How street food should be.

IMG20191226225721.jpg

This is one of my go to stalls in Pattaya, guys name is Mr Bau, nice friendly guy.

I only go for the chicken tikka skewers, as others I have tried were not to my liking. Anyway, his chicken tikka is outstanding, and spicy. He gives a small tub of some kind of garlic mayo sauce. I normally don't wait for him to heat but just take them home and heat myself, great with some of that Arabic style thin bread and some salad.