Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Food Trip Report Live

On 23/12/2019 at 13:16, MrJ200 said:

Was thinking about doing a live TR about restaurants in Pattaya. I will upload what I eat (judge me if you wish:wink: particularly about lack of vegetables bla bla bla). Some cheap eats and some more expensive places. Will post prices too.

I live in BKK, so Thai food isnt a delicacy for me, so you won't see much of it!

Of course, pussy will be on the menu most nights, but that's not for this part of the forum.

Finally, if any BMs who are not in Patts but have any recommendations, I would be happy to try out and report back. I'm staying in Jomtien for a couple of days and then soi buakhow for 12 days

First morning - decided to take the bus from the airport rather than Ekkamai bus terminal. Went to the food court right next to the bus service counter.

Khao moo grob  & moo daeng (rice with crispy pork and red pork) 60baht.

Down here the food is considerably better value than any other options upstairs. It was fairly quiet this morning (9am) but of course you do get the odd few loud Chinese groups.

IMG20191223080202.jpg

They forgot the egg and cucumber. And the small bowl of broth.......... :)

Quick coffee stop at Chill Inn.

50baht for cappuccino.

IMG_20191228_164200.jpg

• Like 2

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

So, what do I call this meal? Is it breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea or supper?

My body is confused. We ate moo kata (see previous post) around 3-5am. It was 6am by the time we got back to the room. Slept through most of the day, woke up watched movies with the lady.

Finally ventured out around 4:30pm.

Cheap Charlies again. They had a special on today of baby bbq ribs, onion rings, coleslaw and fries for 129b but I decided to opt for the American Breakfast. I went for the large one at 149b but they do have a smaller one. 

Pancakes & syrup, streaky bacon, fried eggs and 3 sausages. Accompanied by toast, mug of coffee and OJ. The coffee was actually hot! Most places I've been to serve a luke warm coffee. Big thumbs up from me! The only thing I forgot to do was to ask for my bacon to be crispy. In Thai you can say 'bacon grob'. Pancakes were great. Was asked if I wanted more syrup too. It's the little things that make a difference ! Again, servers really attentive and friendly. 

IMG20191228165713.jpg

IMG20191228170316.jpg

IMG20191228171213.jpg

• Like 3

Yesterday's American breakfast was the only meal of the day (aside from pussy). My LLT didn't show up after work (2am) for some strange reason. Probably one of her regulars came, So today I eat alone :)

Woke up and went for Sunday lunch. Was extremely hungry so went straight to Hungry Hippo.

No frills and you know what you're getting. 

Pork dinner & coke zero 199b. You'll be glad to know that I ate all my vegetables except for the sprouts 555 

IMG20191229115523.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

I needed to rest and recuperate today. Recharge the batteries. The past few days of late nights and drinking have got me feeling a little tired.

Pictures:

Margarita at Sailor Bar soi 8 - 60b

M&M chocolate bar (my fave chocolate here), vitamin c drink and electrolyte power = 58b

IMG20191229161029.jpg

IMG20191229170401.jpg

• Like 2

Dinner at cheap Charlies. My friend wanted somewhere cheap because he's blown all his money on girls 555

Hunters Chicken 145b. Really tasty and chips were great.

IMG20191229213559.jpg

Cleaned up the pancake brekkie pretty good 55 

................................................................................................................

Skipped breakfast today as I didn't wake up until after 1pm. Headed to the hideaway on buakhow Soi 15.

Ordered half rack of ribs and 2 sides for 245baht. Fantastic ribs - soft and not too dry. A good array of sauces to compliment your meal too.

Don't think I could finish a full rack though!

IMG20191230143123.jpg

IMG20191230144139.jpg

39 minutes ago, MrJ200 said:

Skipped breakfast today as I didn't wake up until after 1pm. Headed to the hideaway on buakhow soi 15.

Ordered half rack of ribs and 2 sides for 245baht. Fantastic ribs - soft and not too dry. A good array of sauces to compliment your meal too.

Don't think I could finish a full rack though!

IMG20191230143123.jpg

IMG20191230144139.jpg

Top notch tucker at the Hideaway .

• Like 2

The rack looks appetizing enough, the chips look a tad dry & bland though. Just nitpicking 55

• Like 2

................................................................................................................

On 25/12/2019 at 02:33, mmaaarrrkkk said:

That's a tilapia , if lake caught or farmed , it has a muddy taste/smell. Sea ones are better but not cheaper or easily available.

Sea Tilapia?

I thought it was only a fresh water fish. 

I have eaten LOADS of them in East Africa and have enjoyed them deep fried. 

But then again, who’s to say what one likes. 

Thank you MrJ200 for the enjoyable thread. 

8 hours ago, WTV said:

Sea Tilapia?

I thought it was only a fresh water fish. 

Tilapia can live in both seawater and fresh water. Its mostly farmed now so many be that's why many people think its only a freshwater fish.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

Thanks OP for the great posts. Keep em coming. Gotta eat more than just pussy. I’ve gotta sell my wingman on something other than road chicken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Happy New year's Eve 

It's Tuesday so there really is only one choice for lunch - Taco Tuesdays at Taco Taco (location on map below) just off Pattaya Klang. 

3 superb tacos (60b each) , had chicken, beef and chorizo. They are quite small so if you're hungry you may order a lot.

Oh and the last photo is some bar girls food from last night lol.

Screenshot_2019-12-31-14-37-15-38.png

IMG20191231140618.jpg

IMG20191230202234.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

19 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

The rack looks appetizing enough, the chips look a tad dry & bland though. Just nitpicking 55

Gravy can be ordered, there is HP Sauce, Ketchup, Mayonnaise. Don't quite understand the dry critique , Crisp'n'Dry was the old saying..... 

Dinner at Chow Soy on Soi Chaiyapun (pothole)

I ordered:

British style Chinese beef curry 

Rice 

Chips

Coke light

Bill came to 280b.

Chips were the best part. Proper chips not those skinny packets of air you get at some restaurants.

IMG20191231203414.jpg

IMG20191231203437.jpg

16 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Chow Soy

That looks Half decent.

Last time I had a meal in at Chow Soy about 3 months ago chicken curry and chips the food was terrible.

The curry was tasteless apart from the under cooked corn flour and the chips were seriously under cooked put me off for life 555

7 minutes ago, Pheat said:

That looks Half decent.

Last time I had a meal in at Chow Soy about 3 months ago chicken curry and chips the food was terrible.

The curry was tasteless apart from the under cooked corn flour and the chips were seriously under cooked put me off for life 555

No you're right, I thought the curry was a little bland. Next time I wouldn't order the British style chinese menu. However, the chips were perfect for me

Lunch at Cheap Charlie's. I wanted to order the American breakfast but they didn't have any pancakes today.

Ordered a hot baguette (roast chicken and mayonnaise) for 99b.

Bread was a little stale so couldn't finish it. Probably wouldn't order again. Today's special is a British style curry, which looked tasty. Maybe I'll go back later lol!

IMG20200101140329.jpg

Edited by MrJ200
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, MrJ200 said:

Lunch at Cheap Charlie's. I wanted to order the American breakfast but they didn't have any pancakes today.

Ordered a hot baguette (roast chicken and mayonnaise) for 99b.

Bread was a little stale so couldn't finish it. Probably wouldn't order again. Today's special is a British style curry, which looked tasty. Maybe I'll go back later lol!

IMG20200101140329.jpg

That Baguette looks terrible! Maybe its the light but it looks soggy to me. Also should be crispy but I don't see any flakes falling off.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

35 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

That Baguette looks terrible! Maybe its the light but it looks soggy to me. Also should be crispy but I don't see any flakes falling off.

Yes it was soggy and it was supposed to be a soft bread (I think) rather than the French style. I guess they must have put it in the microwave because it was hot. It's a shame because on the other visits to CCs, the food has been quite good.

Edited by MrJ200
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to apologise in advancd to those of you reading this post. Dinner tonight is McDonalds (sorry, sorry, sorry). "Why go to Thailand to eat McDonald's?" Well I live here and Thai food everyday is boring:)

My original plan was to go to Prime, which is located next to McD's on buakhow but it was full to the brim.

I haven't eaten a McD's in about 2 years.

So here it is:

Grand BBQ Angus set M for 259b.

Those of you counting the pennies with the poor exchange rates, it's around 6.50 in UK money. I guess it's similar to back home ?

The fries were fresh from the fryer and the burger was great. Larger Patty with BBQ sauce, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.

A nice meal to line the stomach before a few drinks. 

IMG20200101211108.jpg

IMG20200101211200.jpg

IMG20200101211156.jpg

Edited by MrJ200