IGNORED

Food Trip Report Live

7 hours ago, lthrAus said:

I hope you will continue reporting from Bangkok as well,

I'll try my best!

Here's breakfast from a cafe called Bellinee's, which is near my condo in BKK.

Latte (60b) and some pastry with chicken&cheese inside (30b).

I visit this cafe everyday Mon-Fri as it is my walking route to work. The staff are really friendly too, and when I walk in, the lady behind the counter already knows my order and starts preparing without me saying anything. We have also used this cafe many times for work to prepare packed lunches/buffets when we have conferences or special occasions.

IMG20191014102742.jpg

Just a Welshman living the dream in BKK

This is a really good thread.

There's way too much focus on fucking sometimes, nice to have something that focuses on the other joys of life.

Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. 

Nothing ages like happiness.

- Oscar Wilde -

Fantastic thread and reports mate. Thanks for posting.

image.png

All these food snaps, they make you hungry 55. Very nice idea of a thread. Do continue as & when you can.

................................................................................................................

Ok lads will try and continue when I can. Today was my first day back at work, struggled massively. First day off the beer too since mid-December.

Came home from work and cooked beef massaman curry. One of my favourite curries. Took a few hours. This time I made it with beef for the first time as I usually use chicken thigh. Low n slow = soft meat. I added some broccoli to make it a bit healthier. Served with rice and some bread. Made enough so that me and my lady can eat tomorrow. Overall cost of ingredients was probably around 120-140b. 

IMG20200106185358.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MrJ200 said:

Ok lads will try and continue when I can. Today was my first day back at work, struggled massively. First day off the beer too since mid-December.

Came home from work and cooked beef massaman curry. One of my favourite curries. Took a few hours. This time I made it with beef for the first time as I usually use chicken thigh. Low n slow = soft meat. I added some broccoli to make it a bit healthier. Served with rice and some bread. Made enough so that me and my lady can eat tomorrow. Overall cost of ingredients was probably around 120-140b. 

IMG20200106185358.jpg

Missing that rich color & texture of the curry though, did you not use curry paste & coconut milk. I make this often in my kitchen, a delight to eat for sure. 

................................................................................................................

One of my "go to" meals in Bangkok is the massaman beef curry at Nara Thai in Central Festival.  It's a pricey, but excellent braised beef (thick and tender).  

The few times that I have ordered it from Thai restaurants here in So Cal (including last week! 555), it has come with thinly-sliced beef that was nowhere near braised.  Big disappointment.

8 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Missing that rich color & texture of the curry though, did you not use curry paste & coconut milk. I make this often in my kitchen, a delight to eat for sure. 

The recipe I used is from my gf's aunt, who's from the South. It's all in Thai lol I just followed her translation.

Quite a difference from your CC meals in Pattaya. Is your GF a factor?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

2 hours ago, likeaking said:

Quite a difference from your CC meals in Pattaya. Is your GF a factor?

I think just being in Bangkok makes quite a difference, lots of options here. Although she is always on the hunt for good restaurants. We tend to eat out around 2-4 times per week - the rest of the time I will cook.

On 01/01/2020 at 23:50, mmaaarrrkkk said:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh McD ............ the Kiss of the western world!

At least you get consistency with them ........ not the best burger in the world but you know what you're getting.

Peace of mind knowing that you will get the same crappy burger every time?

• Haha 1

Peace of mind knowing that you will get the same crappy burger every time?

Big Macs are my weakness

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 18:30, MrJ200 said:

Last night I forgot to take a photo of my drunken snack so the image is taken from Google. One of my favourite street foods.

5 for 20b off a street vendor who was making his way down soi 8.

These are Chinese pork dumplings (shu Mai). In Thai it is called "khanon Jeep moo" - the seller also had chicken and shrimp varieties. 

Don't get me started!

post-140068-0-86288700-1455539496_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Please remember to like and subscribe.

5 hours ago, Memurtle said:

Big Macs are my weakness

I had a Big Mac /fries yesterday from Soi Buckfast at about 4.00am today it was absolutely beautiful after a skin full 555

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'm back!

At a rather quiet Suvarnabhumi airport. I've never seen it so quiet! Anyway, I'll be heading to Philippines until Thursday and then will be in Pattaya Thurs-Sun.

Miracle food court 

Tom yum noodles with pork 50baht

Coke 15baht

IMG20200214224714.jpg

Here's some chicken adobo from One4daroad bar in Bohol, Philippines. I think it was around 215pesos (100 pesos is around 61 baht right now).

Very bland food here compared to Thailand. Nice atmosphere in the bar, some cute girls too. Unfortunately I set up a girl on a dating website before arriving lol! 

IMG20200215165234.jpg

Breakfast at Gavroche, Bohol. This is a French bakery with fantastic food.

Started with the Pilipina breakfast at p150. Sorry no pics, but it has 2 eggs, crispy bacon, garlic rice and coffee.

Then I ordered a coffee eclair (70p) and a fresh pineapple smoothie (100p).

Simply wonderful and well worth checking out if anyone visits Bohol.

100p = 60baht roughly.

Oh and for the Eco warriors among you, they use paper straws.

IMG20200219091726.jpg

First evening in Pattaya.

I arrived from Philippines at 3am by the time I got to my condo in BKK it was 4am. Took a quick nap until 11, off to immigration to do TM30 and then straight to the bus station.

First meal after arriving in Pattaya was at Longhorn Steakhouse. I used to dine frequently at MyWay steakhouse but that small area has since been taken over by Longhorn, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Starters - Tex-Mex spring rolls. 185baht

Essentially, spring rolls with minced beerf inside, the only Tex-Mex part being the side sauces I guess ? Really tasty, would have been better if they had a little spice to them. 

Main course - Australian sirloin pepper steak w/steakhouse fries (695b) and 2 cokes (50b each). Had the steak medium-well, it was a little undercooked inside but tasted fantastic. Hiding under the steak is some mixed veg. Fantastic steak, not too soft but really tasty.

The staff here were very attentive, more so than any other restaurant I've experienced here. 

Bill came to 950, no service charge. Left a nice tip. Will be back for sure! 

IMG20200220181002_01.jpg

IMG20200220181823.jpg

Edited by MrJ200

13 minutes ago, MrJ200 said:

I used to dine frequently at MyWay

Same same was a very good value restaurant for a long time I miss Myway

I would say Philippines food tastes a little sour comparatively, also not many standalone Marquee dishes like we have in TH. Nice to see the thread revived.

7 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

I would say Philippines food tastes a little sour comparatively, also not many standalone marquee dishes like we have in TH. Nice to see the thread revived.

Completely agree with you.  Even better if others can contribute stories.  Thanks.

Breakfast at cheap Charlie's. Small American breakfast 99b, coffee included. Hits the spot every time!

IMG20200221101903.jpg