IGNORED

EVA cabin crews on strike

Syd Tybil

10 hours ago, james 71 said:

I booked with a online agency,who's responsibility is it to sort out a ticket for me,I fly home on the 14th the agency are Abta and atoll and I have travel insurance ,

I'm in the same situation except due to go back on the 16th. 

I'm going to wait until the 2nd and then fire off an email to the agent. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaking News: Flight attendants’ strike at Taiwan’s EVA Air on verge of ending

Union members will vote from Friday night until Saturday June 29 noon

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – A meeting between representatives of the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union and EVA Air Chairman Steve Lin (林寶水) Friday (June 28) afternoon might result in the signing of an agreement and the end of the strike on its 10th day Saturday (June 29), according to the Ministry of Labor.

More than 2,000 flight attendants at the private carrier walked out on June 20 to underline their demands regarding overtime and long working hours. Supporters said difficult working conditions were sufficient reason for the industrial action, while critics lambasted the airline staff for disrupting the travel plans of thousands of people.

About 1,000 flights have been canceled since the beginning of the strike, affecting an estimated 200,000 passengers, the Central News Agency reported.

Following Friday afternoon’s meeting, reports indicated that both sides in the dispute might sign an agreement to end the strike around Saturday noon at the earliest.

The breakthrough followed apparent concessions proposed by the union, including dialing down demands for a higher overseas daily allowance, the appointment of a labor representative on the company board, and benefits restricted to union members.

During Friday’s meeting, Lin reportedly showed goodwill on issues not directly included in the union’s eight core demands, thus laying the basis for an improved relationship, CNA reported.

The results of the meeting will be submitted to a union vote beginning at 10 p.m. Friday and likely to end by noon Saturday. If the members agree to the new package, the strike will be likely to end Saturday.

Breaking News: Taiwan’s EVA Air flight attendants vote to end strike

Ten-day strike to end after signing of agreement by both sides

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Flight attendants at EVA Air voted to accept a compromise deal Saturday (June 29) and bring their 10-day strike to an end as soon as both sign the agreement later in the day.

Since June 20, about 1,000 flights were canceled, affecting an estimated 200,000 passengers, and causing both sympathy with the flight attendants’ long working hours but also resentment at the disruption caused to the public’s travel plans.

The result was announced in Taoyuan at 3:37 p.m., much later than expected, amid reports of divisions within the union about the course of action to take.

Voting by members of the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union took place from 10 p.m. Friday (June 28) until noon Saturday after an unexpected low-key visit by union representatives to EVA Air Chairman Steve Lin (林寶水) on Friday afternoon.

The reportedly positive climate of the encounter set the tone for the attempt to resolve the impasse, reports said. Earlier, the union had said it would make concessions on three of its demands, namely calls for a higher overseas daily allowance, the appointment of a labor representative on the company board, and benefits restricted to union members

It seems flight attendants at Taiwan’s EVA Air have extended their strike after failing to reach an agreement with management on Saturday (June 29) over wages and working conditions. Although it is now maintains about 60 per cent of its daily carrying capacity due to the strike.

10 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Breaking News: Taiwan’s EVA Air flight attendants vote to end strike

Ten-day strike to end after signing of agreement by both sides

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Flight attendants at EVA Air voted to accept a compromise deal Saturday (June 29) and bring their 10-day strike to an end as soon as both sign the agreement later in the day.

Since June 20, about 1,000 flights were canceled, affecting an estimated 200,000 passengers, and causing both sympathy with the flight attendants’ long working hours but also resentment at the disruption caused to the public’s travel plans.

The result was announced in Taoyuan at 3:37 p.m., much later than expected, amid reports of divisions within the union about the course of action to take.

Voting by members of the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union took place from 10 p.m. Friday (June 28) until noon Saturday after an unexpected low-key visit by union representatives to EVA Air Chairman Steve Lin (林寶水) on Friday afternoon.

The reportedly positive climate of the encounter set the tone for the attempt to resolve the impasse, reports said. Earlier, the union had said it would make concessions on three of its demands, namely calls for a higher overseas daily allowance, the appointment of a labor representative on the company board, and benefits restricted to union members

34 minutes ago, SteveM said:

It seems flight attendants at Taiwan’s EVA Air have extended their strike after failing to reach an agreement with management on Saturday (June 29) over wages and working conditions. Although it is now maintains about 60 per cent of its daily carrying capacity due to the strike.

Well, crap - that took a nasty turn pretty damn quickly!

I was considering a last minute Pattaya run to celebrate the July 4 holiday (because it is on a Thursday, businesses will be dead on the 5th, too).  My best option coming back was via EVA around the 11th.  I was hoping that they would announce the strike was over so I could jump on that award ticket, but it appears to still be a "no go."

Think I'll save my miles and points and look at an early September trip....

Yup, no agreement was reached so the strike continues. Next scheduled session is July 2nd so it probably will last at least until then.

Taiwan’s EVA Air flight attendants extend strike after talks fail.

TAIPEI (DPA) - Flight attendants at Taiwan’s EVA Air have extended their strike after failing to reach an agreement with management on Saturday (June 29) over wages and working conditions, state media reported.

Some 2,300 EVA Air employees had voted earlier in the day to end the strike, which has lasted nine days so far, and to hold negotiations.

But the two sides failed to reach consensus during the lengthy meeting and decided to talk again on Tuesday. In light of the impasse union members decided to extend the strike, Central News Agency reported late on Saturday.

EVA Air management says that the strike has caused the cancellation of 2,000 flights and a financial loss of 1.8 billion Taiwan dollars (S$78 million). 

On Thursday, the carrier announced the cancellation of international flights until July 12.

It now maintains about 60 per cent of its daily carrying capacity due to the strike, which began on June 20.

Striking employees’ demands involve issues surrounding certain overnight flights, higher daily allowances for international flights, engagement in corporate governance and other things.

In recent days, the strike has gained growing support from the public since details about the relatively poor work conditions at EVA Air, one of Taiwan’s two major carriers, were revealed.

Lawmakers, NGOs, trade unions, professors, and union members of Hong Kong-based Cathay Pacific Airways came to the strike zone to show solidarity

Taiwan’s EVA Air: resumption of normal services might take until late July

Redrawing work schedules will require some time: management

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – The complete resumption of normal services following the vote by flight attendants Saturday (June 29) to end their 10-day strike might take until the end of July, EVA Air reportedly said.

Since June 20, about 1,000 flights were canceled, affecting an estimated 200,000 passengers, with public opinion divided between supporters of the employees’ cause and critics who blamed the union for disrupting travel plans.

After 14 hours of voting Friday and Saturday, the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union announced the majority had agreed to end the strike, but only after the accord was signed by both sides, which was expected to happen later Saturday.

EVA Air said that due to general scheduling procedures, restoring a completely regular schedule would take some time, but it might be completed by the end of July at the latest, the Liberty Times reported.

On 27/06/2019 at 19:27, SteveM said:

I wonder if the union is compensating the flight attendants for lost wages?

Seriously doubt that.

I suppose the real challenges lie ahead, when the strikers go back to work. Recriminations are illegal, but the workplace climate may well be more tense. Can they use the word scab towards those that continued to fly trips? 

TGOEA

I see flights to Lhr are back on schedule Monday afternoon 

9 hours ago, james 71 said:

I see flights to Lhr are back on schedule Monday afternoon 

So far not cancelled, fingers crossed the LHR to Bangkok service is back to normal.

News article that says both that international flights are cancelled and 60% are not. I cannot imagine within a dinky place like Taiwan there are any domestic flights.

Well was touch & go but the first Eva Airways flight for 11 days from Taipei & Bangkok BR067 is on route to Heathrow now but will arrive at Heathrow 2 hours & 30 minutes late at 21.50pm so unlikely the return flight BR068 will get away much before midnight tonight.

Just made it from LAX  to TPE (BR11) and TPE to BKK (BR211) without delay.  Hopefully the return on the 18th will go as smooth.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I'm not going to use my return flight next week. I assume they don't expect you to tell them?

30 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

I'm not going to use my return flight next week. I assume they don't expect you to tell them?

Did they cancel your flight? You could ask for a partial refund, or a voucher towards your next flight. 

Did they cancel your flight? You could ask for a partial refund, or a voucher towards your next flight. 
I'm due back 8 July, if the flight is cancelled i can apply for a refund. currently flights look ok. I'm not using the flight anyway

FYI...  Flights out of LAX on EVA to Taipei  flight BR 11 seems to be staying on schedule. I was on this flight July the 3rd.

I just read that the strike is really over now.

Strike officially ends on July 10, full resumption of flights likely by end of month

Strike officially ends on July 10, full resumption of flights likely by end of month

My flight later today from Bangkok on schedule, which I'm not taking

Archived