IGNORED

EVA cabin crews on strike

Syd Tybil

6 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

I am not familiar with the law in England, however when Lufthansa was on strike, they had to provide another flight with whatever Airline was flying that route. It did not matter if you already flew outbound or not. I would get in contact with a consumer protection organisation for clarification and how to proceed.

Presently, England applies the same consumer protection regs as the rest of Europe.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, neilri2001 said:

Premium Economy on Eva is better than BA's version but at least you're going as planned and you don't have to suffer economy on BA

Hopefully the strike will be over for my return flight and I'll be able to compare. But just by looking at YouTube videos, Eva Air look much better than BA.

But yes, I musn't grumble as it's still a seat with more legroom (which is literally all I care about being 6'4" with long legs) And should hopefully arrive a few hours earlier :)

13 hours ago, padfoot said:

I have a flight in 21 days and I don't think the strike will last that long.

I am a retired Teamster and wish the EVA flight attendants the best. I walked a picket line for two weeks. It was in August and the weather was great, lots of barbecuing. The strike ended the day before my vacation was scheduled to start; it was nice having an extra two weeks off.

I wish the best as well. I am a retired US Airways FA and walked a picket line as well years ago in LA. 

22 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

I am not familiar with the law in England, however when Lufthansa was on strike, they had to provide another flight with whatever Airline was flying that route. It did not matter if you already flew outbound or not. I would get in contact with a consumer protection organisation for clarification and how to proceed.

No he did and what I would have done and booked with an alternative carrier. This is England we dont go running to briefs every time there is a slight problem ....(mind you the ambulance chasing society is increasing rapidly)

On 24/06/2019 at 04:52, Straw said:

Friends flight out of Heathrow on 29th now cancelled refund issued. No options that was email received and when he checked monies already back in account

Did your friend book direct with EVA or through a Travel Agent?

From EVA's Strike Information webpage

What can I do if my flight is cancelled?

If the ticket was purchased from a travel agent, please contact your travel agent to arrange alternative flight.

If the ticket was purchased from EVA Air Office or EVA Air website / EVA mobile APP, please contact EVA Air Office to arrange alternative flight.

Unquote

The strike is apparently scheduled to end on the 30th. I guess it will take them at least a couple of days to then get the planes and crews where they’re supposed to be.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, davidge said:

The strike is apparently scheduled to end on the 30th. I guess it will take them at least a couple of days to then get the planes and crews where they’re supposed to be.

Lets hope so.

I fly from London with Eva Air in a couple weeks, I booked direct, so I have been watching for updates.

Haven’t read anywhere it finishes on the 30th, only that to date all flights are definitely cancelled up to that date.

Time will tell closer to the end of the month with anymore cancellations posted, just hope they resolve it soon.

Nothing posted online that I found about ongoing negotiations with the Union, only that EVA Air pressed charges against the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union. 

18 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Lets hope so.

I fly from London with Eva Air in a couple weeks, I booked direct, so I have been watching for updates.

Haven’t read anywhere it finishes on the 30th, only that to date all flights are definitely cancelled up to that date.

Time will tell closer to the end of the month with anymore cancellations posted, just hope they resolve it soon.

Nothing posted online that I found about ongoing negotiations with the Union, only that EVA Air pressed charges against the Taoyuan Flight Attendants Union. 

I read an article from a UK broadsheet that said it was only scheduled until the 30th. Reading articles elsewhere today, it sounds unlikely. One Taiwan news organisation reporting that Eva have now announced cancellations for 1-5 July. 

It seems there customer service may be on strike too.

Many people with cancelled flights reporting they cannot get through on the phone and giving up after hours of waiting.

Local newspapers on Sunday were reporting more than  679 flights will have been cancelled from the start of the strike 22 June to when it is supposed to end 30 June

The strike may or may not end on June 30th. The union is on 10-day strike plan beginning on the 20th, with further evaluation on the 30th. They may decide to continue or end the strike. As of right now with no negotiation at all between the 2 parties, my bet is on the strike to be continued.

I just received email and text message from EVA that my flight from Chicago on the 3rd is cancelled. Glad that I re-booked last week with different airlines and don't have to go through this mess with EVA.

10 hours ago, h.harris said:

The strike may or may not end on June 30th. The union is on 10-day strike plan beginning on the 20th, with further evaluation on the 30th. They may decide to continue or end the strike. As of right now with no negotiation at all between the 2 parties, my bet is on the strike to be continued.

I just received email and text message from EVA that my flight from Chicago on the 3rd is cancelled. Glad that I re-booked last week with different airlines and don't have to go through this mess with EVA.

you can bet the Eva cabin crew did their best to end up in taiwan prior to the strike rather than being overseas .

so whenever the strike ends flights from USA /europe to swampy for example are going to take longer to be available as the outbound crew will need rest unless they fly a spare crew as they leave on the outward leg

I'm glad now that I just re-booked a flight on another airline after my flight on June 22nd was cancelled. I then put in for a refund with EVA for the whole itinerary. I had a non-refundable tour at the destination pre-paid and I could not wait for EVA to re-schedule another flight on another carrier possibly days later.

Now at least I don't have to be on pins and needles again waiting to see if my return flight is cancelled or not on July 6th.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Dear Valued Customers,

Effective July 2nd, 2019 EVA Air will be resuming Vancouver to Taipei service in addition to other routes from N. America. We are continuing to implement solutions to fully restore our service operations as soon as possible. 

(Twitter)

56 minutes ago, davidge said:

Dear Valued Customers,

Effective July 2nd, 2019 EVA Air will be resuming Vancouver to Taipei service in addition to other routes from N. America. We are continuing to implement solutions to fully restore our service operations as soon as possible. 

(Twitter)

That`s going to depend on the union.

Currently the union is holding the IDs/passports of more than 2,000 flight attendants and refusing to return them until there 3 major demands are meet by Eva Air.

Even though 100`s of flight attendants are wanting to return to work..

43 minutes ago, SteveM said:

uhat`s going to depend on the union.

Currently the union is holding the IDs/passports of more than 2,000 flight attendants and refusing to return them until there 3 major demands are meet by Eva Air.

Even though 100`s of flight attendants are wanting to return to work..

Yes, more and more flight attendants now wanting to return to work. must be feeling it now money wise. 

3 hours ago, SteveM said:

Currently the union is holding the IDs/passports of more than 2,000 flight attendants and refusing to return them

Hmmm interesting that they can do that. Don't recall the AFA (Association of Flight Attendants) collecting our passports/ID's when we went on strike. 

As a matter of fact I know they didn't collect our ID's. We needed them for access to the employee parking lot and to get on the employee bus to go back to the terminal at LAX to join the picket line. 

Not good news Guys.

AIPEI (REUTERS) - Flight attendants at Taiwan's Eva Airways urged the airline on Thursday (June 27) to restart negotiations to end a week-long strike that has seen hundreds of international flights cancelled.

Eva Air said a total of 368 flights, or 40 per cent, will be cancelled from July 1 to July 5.

Nearly 300 flights were already cancelled since its cabin crew went on strike on June 20, including flights from Taipei to Chicago, Paris, Seoul and Hong Kong.

The week-long strike, which is the longest in Taiwan's aviation industry where labour unrest is uncommon, has led Eva Air to estimate a revenue loss of about NT$1.34 billion (S$58.5 million).

The union representing Eva Air's flight attendants made several concessions on Thursday on its demands to improve work conditions and pay, having failed to reach an agreement with the airline's management after a months-long negotiation.

"The union has adjusted our proposal and is urging Eva Air to restart the negotiation as soon as possible," it said in a statement. "We have been hoping that Eva Airways would restart negotiations swiftly to resolve the dispute."

Eva Air said it was still working on a statement when contacted by Reuters. The company has filed several lawsuits against the union since the strike began, including asking for a daily compensation of NT$34 million for what it sees as an "illegal strike".

The union representing Eva Air's flight attendants must have deep pockets, if Eva Air think they stand a chance of getting daily compensation of NT$34 million.

I wonder if the union is compensating the flight attendants for lost wages?

Flights from London Heathrow are currently showing cancelled up to 2nd July.

I booked with a online agency,who's responsibility is it to sort out a ticket for me,I fly home on the 14th the agency are Abta and atoll and I have travel insurance ,another problem if I can't fly home that day my visa runs out that day 

I would definitely ring your online agency help line and make enquirey's about your return flight rather than leave it to late.

Understand from lastest news that Eva Airways are already drawing up further cancellations until 10th July maybe to be announced today will be watching.

Are they saying anything about stranded passengers ?

Archived