IGNORED

EVA cabin crews on strike

Syd Tybil

Eva Airways are responsible for your booking's especially if you booked direct with them it's not anyone else is fault that flights are being cancelled because of the cabin crew's strike, if they book you on other flights make sure you do not end up with a middle seat that's what I would worry about most, get the best seat you can even if that's going to cost Eva it's there problem to look after there customers who have booked with them they are going to lose a lot of money over this anyway.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize that this is a huge inconvenience for us, but I hope the EVA FAs get everything they deserve. For Business class flights across the Pacific, they have been the best I've ever had.

Just now, ZRHuser said:

EVA does the rebooking, not you. So EVA is paying for it, not you. 

there is a difference when u have completed a leg from europe to thailand and they need to get u back with a different carrier.

but if u have not flown because of a problem like industrial action they are more likely to offer a refund of what u paid.

I'm booked on EVA mid August. so hopefully plenty of time for them to work this out

5 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

EVA does the rebooking, not you. So EVA is paying for it, not you. 

Exactly!

4 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

They would love you for taking the refund, thats cheaper for them. Just because EVA is offering you a flight some days out does not mean you have to accept that, or a refund.

Go online, look for a flight out on the day you booked, then call EVA. If they want to push you to a flight some days later, tell them about the available flights and give them one or two possible, for you acceptable, flights. Then take it from there.

If you booked with a booking agency, you may have to contact them. 

When an airline cancels a flight they call all the other airlines that are going to your destination. If seats are available they will inform you of your options.

That could be the same day or days away. Other airlines won't necessarily have seats on your specific day. 

I wouldn't count on a booking agency.

Yup and it looks like they are cancelled until at least the 29th.
Just spoken to my agent and they wanted to put me on the Thai flight. I told them I would need exit row as I'm a tall bastard and booked Eva PE specifically for that reason. They said they'll call back, which they did and have offered me BA premium economy with no additional fees and the return is still with Eva...for now
So not too much of a nightmare and I should arrive 6 hours earlier.
Panic over I hope lol
Good they are treating people well, if it was an airline like Ryanair usually they resist helping people unless forced

4 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Eva Airways are responsible for your booking's especially if you booked direct with them it's not anyone else is fault that flights are being cancelled because of the cabin crew's strike, if they book you on other flights make sure you do not end up with a middle seat that's what I would worry about most, get the best seat you can even if that's going to cost Eva it's there problem to look after there customers who have booked with them they are going to lose a lot of money over this anyway.

True it is the airlines responsibility for rebooking. But, they can't guarantee you an exit row or any specific seat if they are not available on a different carrier. 

At Delta where I worked and most airlines we didn't/don't have the option to choose seats on another carrier when we needed seats. When we called them we ask if they have seats on a specific flight.

You could ask the agent when they make the call, but if not available they will not move their customers from their assigned seats...exit row, aisle, etc. 

The airline's ultimate responsibility is to get you to and from your destination. In a case like this you may not get your seat of choice.

I can't recall hearing about an FA strike against an asian carrier in the past. It seems culturally asians are deferential to management/authority and those who're not get mowed down by a tank in Tiananmen Square. Has anyone talked to an Eva FA to get the inside scoop? My initial impulse here is to side with the FAs (in case they're looking for my support).

Got my new E-ticket this morning. All confirmed on the BA website as "World Traveller Plus". So a like for like swap I guess. At least I won't be folded up for 12 hours. Fair play to the agent :Bravo1:

Return is still with EVA, and I really hope they get this strike sorted by then as I want to try out their PE and I really could do without all the aggro lol.

I might have chosen the lucky flight numbers when I made the booking.  I'm a little less than week out and my flights have not been cancelled yet.  Looking on the EVA website, I see that the same flight numbers scheduled for the last couple of days have all departed normally.  The same flight numbers scheduled for the next few days also have not been cancelled.  Apparently EVA is still flying, but just not as many flights as they normally have.

:Cross_Fingers:

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Well this will be interesting. Booked with United miles to fly out of SAN on July the 2nd. Three flights with one of them being EVA from LAX to TPE. EVA website showing cancellations only thru the 30th.

I think I'll call United today and see if I have any options before EVA is showing my flight cancelled. 

Anyone else flying with EVA booked with United miles out there?

i am due to fly on the 3rd with EVA and I am not taking any chances. Grab a AA (operated by Japan Airlines) business class for $2,800 - $500 GC so out of pocket $2,300. It's my vacation and I am not going to let EVA messed it up.

Friends flight out of Heathrow on 29th now cancelled refund issued. No options that was email received and when he checked monies already back in account

3 hours ago, Straw said:

Friends flight out of Heathrow on 29th now cancelled refund issued. No options that was email received and when he checked monies already back in account

Do you know if they agreed to the refund beforehand? Airlines do try to get away with it and safe money. However, you have a contract with them and they have to provide a flight (on another Airline) to you at no extra cost. 

Looks like it's going to be a lengthy stoppage for Eva Airways not a good image for an airline just voted 6th best airline in the world. 

52 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

Looks like it's going to be a lengthy stoppage for Eva Airways not a good image for an airline just voted 6th best airline in the world. 

I feel better now about having cancelled my Eva booking when the cheap BA Biz fare came up. Still really NOT looking forward to flight though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

My flight is leaving in 19 days.  I pray they have this settled by then

I have a return flight to Heathrow early July, I'm not taking it, maybe I'll get a refund if there's a strike. Unlikely i know

I have a flight in 21 days and I don't think the strike will last that long.

I am a retired Teamster and wish the EVA flight attendants the best. I walked a picket line for two weeks. It was in August and the weather was great, lots of barbecuing. The strike ended the day before my vacation was scheduled to start; it was nice having an extra two weeks off.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

6 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Do you know if they agreed to the refund beforehand? Airlines do try to get away with it and safe money. However, you have a contract with them and they have to provide a flight (on another Airline) to you at no extra cost. 

No he knew there was a problem but next thing he knew email received and money back in his account. Am surmising everyone who hasnt yet travelled with get identical responses. Obviously if you've completed outbound sectors they'll find you space for the return on other carriers

1 hour ago, Straw said:

No he knew there was a problem but next thing he knew email received and money back in his account. Am surmising everyone who hasnt yet travelled with get identical responses. Obviously if you've completed outbound sectors they'll find you space for the return on other carriers

I am not familiar with the law in England, however when Lufthansa was on strike, they had to provide another flight with whatever Airline was flying that route. It did not matter if you already flew outbound or not. I would get in contact with a consumer protection organisation for clarification and how to proceed.

On 22/06/2019 at 11:43, daytripperz said:

Got my new E-ticket this morning. All confirmed on the BA website as "World Traveller Plus". So a like for like swap I guess. At least I won't be folded up for 12 hours. Fair play to the agent :Bravo1:

Return is still with EVA, and I really hope they get this strike sorted by then as I want to try out their PE and I really could do without all the aggro lol.

Premium Economy on Eva is better than BA's version but at least you're going as planned and you don't have to suffer economy on BA

Officials said it was one of the worst cases of flight disruption to occur in Asia in recent years.

The airline’s flight attendants went out on strike and travel agents are warning clients that there will be delays and cancellations for the duration of the strike through to 30 June

Local newspapers on Sunday were reporting more than  679 flights will have been cancelled from the start of the strike 22 June to when it is supposed to end 30 June

Archived