IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

me and my mate have booked the 2 bedroom suites for our trip in june,was £212 for 2 nights however the superior was available for £38 so about 1600bht seems to be the price for that now. Looking forward to trying it 

• Like 1

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there in december and booked it again for my nex trip, now delux room. Agree on everything said before. I love this location, close to LK - in the middle of WS & Soi 6.

Never made it to breakfast tough ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maxoz said:

I stayed there in december and booked it again for my nex trip, now delux room. Agree on everything said before. I love this location, close to LK - in the middle of WS & Soi 6.

Never made it to breakfast tough ;)

Yes, I agree it's tough if you never made it to breakfast though, you missed a decent brekkie :Crazy1:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slalom said:

Yes, I agree it's tough if you never made it to breakfast though, you missed a decent brekkie :Crazy1:

Yes mate...brekkie top notch at the Acqua.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2019 at 11:01, lowtax said:

Thanks for the review.. I plan on staying in June!

hi. have you booked and how much if you 

don't mind me asking 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nunchuck said:

hi. have you booked and how much if you 

don't mind me asking 

Booked through booking.com 18421thb for 7 nights for exclusive double room

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lowtax said:

Booked through booking.com 18421thb for 7 nights for exclusive double room

what date you there I get you a drink

• Like 1

On 01/04/2019 at 17:03, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Overview: Although this was my first time staying here, I knew the Acqua from before ...

thanks to you i have booked it 555    great review much appreciated 

check in June 3 for 14 night with breakfast  cost  total £561  

thanks again 

Edited by Ru4Real
Trimmed the quote

11 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

thanks to you i have booked it 555    great review much appreciated 

check in June 3 for 14 night with breakfast  cost  total £561  

thanks again 

Thanks for the positive feedback mate, appreciated. You will really like the hotel. Your rate is also excellent - if my maths is right is around 1,650 thb a night. Inclusive of breakfast that’s a great rate.

4 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Thanks for the positive feedback mate, appreciated. You will really like the hotel. Your rate is also excellent - if my maths is right is around 1,650 thb a night. Inclusive of breakfast that’s a great rate.

yes pleased with the rate  that was with Agoda .  Of to hua hin after for 2 weeks  

• Like 1

On 31/03/2019 at 23:03, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Room tip - ask for a front facing room other wise, at the rear of hotel, you will be facing a building a couple of meters from your window.

I'm looking for as quiet as possible.

What do you suggest in this regard?

South side (Soi Honey side), and the higher the floor the better would be my suggestions. My stay there was very quiet.

2 hours ago, 6853395 said:

High floor, front side, away from the lift. These are the quietest rooms. This is a very quiet hotel...little street noise, nor hordes of noisy tour groups. Top place.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked here for November, is it two separate buildings as it appears to be on Google Earth and if so how easy is it to get to the gym and pool if you are in the other building?

life is like Oral sex ...........one slip of the tongue and your in the shit!!

5 hours ago, qqwert said:

Booked here for November, is it two separate buildings as it appears to be on Google Earth and if so how easy is it to get to the gym and pool if you are in the other building?

There is no sky bridge so it's just a matter of walking out the front door of one building, walking outside to the adjacent building, and walking in the front door. It's as easy as, and exactly as walking from one building to the one next door. And yes, they are two separate buildings. I do wish they would have put a covered walkway between the two, but they didn't. 

• Like 1

Of the two buildings is one better than the other and are the same class rooms in both buildings

Thanks Garzan, as you said its as easy just to walk from one building to the next.

I wonder why they built them as two blocks with no links, you can see on Google Earth that they were built at the same time.

Where do you check in is there two receptions?

Is it worth emailing them and requesting a room in the block with the pool and as mentioned in an earlier post a room on a top floor.

I do have knee and weight issues and was hoping to do a lot of swimming and light exercise during the days but minimum steps as this antagonizes the knee.

Is the pool and gym in the same block?

6 hours ago, burgher said:

Of the two buildings is one better than the other and are the same class rooms in both buildings

In my opinion, if you want easy access to the pool, bar, and breakfast room the building closer to Second Road is perhaps five minutes quicker. Acqua does have a remarkably good breakfast buffet, but if I wasn't planning on using the breakfast, the building wouldn't matter. I don't use swimming pools, or spend much time in bars, so being in the building with the pool and the bar isn't all that important to me. The rooftop I personally would get the most use out of would be the building nearest to Soi Buakhao since it has rooftop seating and shade.  

The quality of the rooms is the same for either building.

I have only actually been in the west building (the one with breakfast and the pool) so I can't say for sure that there is a duplicate reception desk in the east building, but my guess is that there is.

Edited by Garzan

6 hours ago, qqwert said:

I do have knee and weight issues and was hoping to do a lot of swimming and light exercise during the days but minimum steps as this antagonizes the knee.

Given your situation, yes, I think it would be worthwhile to contact the hotel and specifically request a high floor in the pool building. Unlike 247, the elevator at Acqua goes all the way to the rooftop, so there should not be any issue with needing too many stairs. There are a few stairs to get up to the pool deck, and to get down from the pool deck to the gym, but not very many of them. 

I have only checked in at the west building (Second Road side). That is the main building as you walk through the parking lot at Honey 1 Body massage, and the first building you'd come to if you traveled up Soi 10 (deadend). Since that's the building you want to be in, that is the reception desk I would use.

And yes, I hear you. My not an architect, and not a structural engineer self says why and the heck not put a skybridge covered walkway between the two building rooftops? The two rooftop areas would go so much better together. There's the extra seating on the east building and all the facilities in the west building. If only they were somehow tied closer together... 

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 1

Thanks Garzan I think I will contact them and when I book in I will use the West Building.

Yes a skybridge would make sense, the only thing that I could think of is that building regulations meant they were unable to build it as one large hotel and they may have plans to put one in after a period of time.

Have a small query.

I'd be bringing a couple of TG's to my room every day(One at a time of course), while some would stay the night as well (Again only one at a time), so in case I decide to book this property, should I book for two people or a single? Would booking for a single person attract any joiner fee if I bring in girls to my room?

Always book for 2 to avoid hassle. Plus at Acqua you can get a second key to keep power on when away. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, xc1 said:

Always book for 2 to avoid hassle. Plus at Acqua you can get a second key to keep power on when away. 

It is unnecessary to book for two at this hotel; there are no hassles on this subject matter.