IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room. Only have 5,  I believe. Interested in the size of the balcony, cannot find any photo. also what building/side are the deluxe rooms located in. Thanks

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Jagaar said:

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room. Only have 5,  I believe. Interested in the size of the balcony, cannot find any photo. also what building/side are the deluxe rooms located in. Thanks

If they are anything like the Executive Deluxe, narrow and long with barely room for a table and chair. Good enough if you are a smoker, but not all that great to sit out and have a room service meal with a TG out there.  I stay at The Stay now, which does have enough room for a comfortable meal for two (or three) out there.

• Like 2

So the glass panel is like a Western hotel in that you can't open it...

Thanks man, that was very helpful.

3 minutes ago, Garzan said:

If they are anything like the Executive Deluxe, narrow and long with barely room for a table and chair. Good enough if you are a smoker, but not all that great to sit out and have a room service meal with a TG out there.  I stay at The Stay now, which does have enough room for a comfortable meal for two (or three) out there.

Was hoping for an area you could comfortable sit outside, providing the weather was agreeable. Does not sound big enough for me. Thanks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jagaar said:

Was hoping for an area you could comfortable sit outside, providing the weather was agreeable. Does not sound big enough for me. Thanks

At least for me, It wasn't big enough. For someone else it might be. In the Exec Deluxe room there is a sign on the door about it being the designated smoking area (since you aren't supposed to smoke in the room). It didn't look to be to be good for much more than that. 

I just looked back at my review of the Acqua and I didn't bother taking a balcony photo. That makes me think it was nothing special.

Edited by Garzan

5 minutes ago, Garzan said:

At least for me, It wasn't big enough. For someone else it might be. In the Exec Deluxe room there is a sign on the door about it being the designated smoking area (since you aren't supposed to smoke in the room). It didn't look to be to be good for much more than that. 

The Stay hotel is a little out of my Budget range unfortunatly. VT6 I am still thinking about through Honey's

4 minutes ago, Jagaar said:

The Stay hotel is a little out of my Budget range unfortunatly. VT6 I am still thinking about through Honey's

Dang, it's gone up significantly from my last trip. I might not be staying there anymore either.

Re: No Window

I have a booking Acqua from Feb 6-20 (Superior Room).

Assuming I have a choice, I was wondering if there is/are:

1/ optimal floor(s) to stay on?

2/ optimal section to stay in OR optimal direction for the room to be facing?

3/ any requests I could be making prior my to stay, that may not occur to me until it’s too late?

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help

4 minutes ago, Rob8489 said:

3/ any requests I could be making prior my to stay, that may not occur to me until it’s too late?

I think you are overthinking this. I stayed at 3rd floor in building B. Don't even remember if the room had a window haha. There was a balcony overlooking the honey 2 massage parlor, which is where I kept my luggage since the rooms here are tiny as hell. Probably the worst part of this hotel. If you don't get bothered by room size, the hotel is super nice and I'd say it's a genuine 4 star hotel where staff really takes care of you. 

Also some pretty ladies work at the reception desk. So shoot your shot. 

^^^Thanks man. I do tend to overthink things, but better to be safe than sorry. Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Rob8489 said:

:-) In good humor, yeah, I'd go along with 'overthinking'. :-) 

For me, I like quiet. I tend to sleep at night rather than the day. In any hotel I ask for as high a floor as possible. In general, the higher the floor the quieter the room, and the fewer the flying bugs. (There are not a lot of flying bugs in Pattaya in my opinion.) 

For the Acqua in particular, I would ask for a room on the south side (the Soi Honey side). The north side is the side that Tree Town is on, and Tree Town is not particularly quiet in the evening, but it is a better 'bright lights' sort of view. Again, my choices are for as quiet as reasonably possible in a resort town. :-)

I thought Acqua was one of the better hotels I've stayed in, but I also stayed in one of the larger size rooms. The standard rooms at Acqua are remarkably tiny. 

4 hours ago, Garzan said:

:-) In good humor, yeah, I'd go along with 'overthinking'. :-) 

For me, I like quiet. I tend to sleep at night rather than the day. In any hotel I ask for as high a floor as possible. In general, the higher the floor the quieter the room, and the fewer the flying bugs. (There are not a lot of flying bugs in Pattaya in my opinion.) 

For the Acqua in particular, I would ask for a room on the south side (the Soi Honey side). The north side is the side that Tree Town is on, and Tree Town is not particularly quiet in the evening, but it is a better 'bright lights' sort of view. Again, my choices are for as quiet as reasonably possible in a resort town. :-)

I thought Acqua was one of the better hotels I've stayed in, but I also stayed in one of the larger size rooms. The standard rooms at Acqua are remarkably tiny. 

I stayed at the executive deluxe (the biggest one) and still think it's tiny as hell compared to other hotels in Pattaya. I don't understand why they have made rooms so frickin tiny. I'd love to stay at this place but the cost doesn't justify the room you get at all. I'd rather stay in a deluxe at Sleep With Me which is a super nice property too. 

Edited by leon77hd

26 minutes ago, leon77hd said:

I stayed at the executive deluxe (the biggest one) and still think it's tiny as hell compared to other hotels in Pattaya. I don't understand why they have made rooms so frickin tiny. I'd love to stay at this place but the cost doesn't justify the room you get at all. I'd rather stay in a deluxe at Sleep With Me which is a super nice property too. 

It's sort of off on a tangent but my room at The Stay on Soi 10 had enough open floor space that I think I could have easily set up a VR headset and spent the day playing VR games. (It'd be a waste of a Pattaya vacation, but still, I was really amazed at the open space in The Stay.)

We'll just have to disagree on the Executive Deluxe. I didn't much like the shower, I like the shower with room for four in 247 better, but the room didn't feel all that cramped to me. No room for VR games, but a nice space to relax for an afternoon before heading out. (As a disclaimer, I never do long-times, so I only need long term room for me.) 

Edited by Garzan

2 minutes ago, Garzan said:

It's sort of off on a tangent but my room at The Stay on Soi 10 had enough open floor space that I think I could have easily set up a VR headset and spent the day playing VR games. (It'd be a waste of a Pattaya vacation, but still, I was really amaze at the open space in The Stay.)

We'll just have to disagree on the Executive Deluxe. I didn't much like the shower, I like the shower with room for four in 247 better, but the room didn't feel all that cramped to me. No room for VR games, but a nice space to relax for an afternoon before heading out. (As a disclaimer, I never do long-times, so I only need long term room for me.) 

Haha VR sounds good though if you are on a long vacation. This time I'm thinking of taking my PS4 along with me to finish off few games I have in my backlog since I'll be there for more than a month. But coming back to the hotel, I don't know man just found it small to my taste. Also another bad thing was that if you are in Building B, you'll have to walk all the way to the A if you have any problems since B doesn't have dedicated reception desk. Few times my room key stopped working, and I had to go all the way to A to get a new one. Hated that part everytime. 

5 minutes ago, leon77hd said:

This time I'm thinking of taking my PS4 along with me to finish off few games I have in my backlog since I'll be there for more than a month.

Well, on the plus side the Executive Deluxe has that really nice white chair and foot stool in front of the TV. Seems like a good place to set up a console and get some game time in. :-) 

I have another earth shattering question about Acqua hotel, specifically about accessing the hotel by foot.

I’ll be spending a lot of my time on Soi Buakhao but noticed (on google maps) that’s there’s no direct road to the hotel from that Soi. See map below:

b6c08ebb24d097f6d608d5b09fc44870.jpg

My question is whether I can the access the hotel from
Soi Buakhao or whether i have to infact be walk all the way up to Second Rd and then do a U turn (so to speak).

d632267f7aee851093fb2972e24cca02.jpg

Thanks !

57 minutes ago, Rob8489 said:

I have another earth shattering question about Acqua hotel, specifically about accessing the hotel by foot.

I’ll be spending a lot of my time on Soi Buakhao but noticed (on google maps) that’s there’s no direct road to the hotel from that Soi. See map below:

b6c08ebb24d097f6d608d5b09fc44870.jpg

Soi Buakhao or whether i have to infact be walk all the way up to Second Rd and then do a U turn (so to speak).

d632267f7aee851093fb2972e24cca02.jpg

Thanks !

On your drawn route, you can cut thru the parking area of the Honey massage instead of walking to 2nd RD.  The Honey massage is directly in front of the hotel.

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

Well, on the plus side the Executive Deluxe has that really nice white chair and foot stool in front of the TV. Seems like a good place to set up a console and get some game time in. :-) 

Haha it sure does. You know that was what I was thinking. My PS4 would have fitted quite nicely in that room. Also the TV was not bad in size either. 

2 hours ago, Rob8489 said:

[...]

Thanks !

At the north end of Building 2 there is a pass through to walk over to the Tree Town area without going on Soi Honey. And as USExpat46 mentioned, right in front of reception of Building 1 is the Honey Body massage 1 parking lot that connects to Soi Honey. So, no worries. It's an easy walk coming from Tree Town or coming from LK Metro

When you're checking Google Maps, don't forget to drill down to Street View and "walk around" a bit. The Street View images may be a few years out of date, depending on when Google last did a drive-by, but you can get a better idea sometimes than just looking at their map-view.

13 hours ago, Rob8489 said:

Thanks !

You have very easy access to Soi Honey, map is misleading.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

In terms of room choices, I would choose the main building (A?). Like @Garzan I too would choose a high floor, I would also choose front facing (the rear room I looked at backed straight on to another apartment block. Top hotel, best customer service I have come across.

On 25/12/2019 at 02:33, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

In terms of room choices, I would choose the main building (A?). Like @Garzan I too would choose a high floor, I would also choose front facing (the rear room I looked at backed straight on to another apartment block. Top hotel, best customer service I have come across.

Main building A afaik only houses standard rooms which are even tinier. I would not recommend that. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, leon77hd said:

Main building A afaik only houses standard rooms which are even tinier. I would not recommend that. 

Thanks mate - good intel.

For those interested, hotel Acqua uses fairly small refrigerators in the guestroom (1.7 ft.³, upper and lower shelves).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leon77hd said:

My Executive Deluxe room was in the A wing. But yes, mostly standard rooms. By design I thought it perfect--all the way at the end of the hall from the elevator with the stairwell directly across the hallway. No one but me came that far down the hallway so it was very quiet.

• Thanks 2