Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Main building A afaik only houses standard rooms which are even tinier. I would not recommend that. 
The bathroom is very small86e26ea016da59a30a46ce6d6b72f772.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, burgher said:

sorry if I hurt anybodys neck with that photo

14 hours ago, burgher said:

Even the ones in the executive deluxe aren't that big. Everything is crammed up in a tiny space. The only silver lining are the ceiling lights and the bathroom slippers you get. The latter is absolutely comfy as hell. It's made of jute I believe. I haven't seen bathroom slippers of this quality even in top hotel chains like Marriott and Hyaat. 

20191103_142920.jpg

20191103_142949.jpg

line_1572766400977.jpg

20191103_142855.jpg

• Like 3

Seems their own website is wrong? When booking a room in a few months in to 2020 their prices start at 4000BHT a night. That can't be right.

7 minutes ago, Tjappie said:

Seems their own website is wrong? When booking a room in a few months in to 2020 their prices start at 4000BHT a night. That can't be right.

WTF....your right - I’ve just checked. However on Booking.com I see the last 7 nights in April going for 9,700thb. There looks to be a problem with the hotel website.

46 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

WTF....your right - I’ve just checked. However on Booking.com I see the last 7 nights in April going for 9,700thb. There looks to be a problem with the hotel website.

I just checked hotels.com and that April date was $51 USD or about 1500 baht

• Like 1

Great thread and helped with my hotel choice. I have booked for my trip next year. 

The rooms look decent and I’m not overly fussed about the size. There’s enough room for the activities I’ll be doing in there (showering, shagging and sleeping) so that’s fine by me :D

The location, pool and bar areas are the main selling point. 

(I emailed through to the hotel about being assigned a room at the front and they advised that it depends on availability when I arrive, but they’d do their best to accommodate my request. I wonder whether they have a lot of people asking the same thing) 

I have heard that the breakfast at the hotel is pretty good. Could be a big timesaver if you are into eating breakfast. Used to stay at the Sandy Springs and eat breakfast at the Sportsmans next door. Too bad the noise from hooters is a dealbreaker now days for the Sandy.

34 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

I have heard that the breakfast at the hotel is pretty good. Could be a big timesaver if you are into eating breakfast. Used to stay at the Sandy Springs and eat breakfast at the Sportsmans next door. Too bad the noise from hooters is a dealbreaker now days for the Sandy.

Had 18 days in June.  Breakfast is superb, never once eat outside.  
breakfast servers until 11 am. If I remember 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seaman said:

Anyone used the bathtub in the Exclusive Deluxe room ??

I am 190 cm tall and impossible to sit down !

Otherwise its my favorite hotel

yep, i think you will certainly struggle at that height.  I'm not that tall and I struggled myself but then there was 2 of us and that was a tight fit 555

And i agree on the breakfasts they are one of the best with a selection of both thai and western.  They also make omelettes on request as well. Nothing better than strolling in with your lady after a night out to head straight for the buffet breakfast :GrinNod1:

Edited by Fufu308

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/12/2019 at 02:33, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Going a little offtopic here: seems not only them have a problem. The Stay's website has completely stopped working for me. Also, going through various booking sites I see big differences in prices for both the Acqua and The Stay. I also remember The Stay being much cheaper on their own website compared to, for example, booking.com.

Now back on topic: I've stayed at The Stay hotel for  my last 3 trips and would like to change (just to get a different feel) however The Stay ticks all the boxes when it comes to my personal preferences. Like room size, it's great bathrooms and it's perfect location. Acqua seems the next best choice. Anyone stayed at both these hotels and can do a good comparison?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tjappie said:

The Stay ticks all the boxes when it comes to my personal preferences. Like room size, it's great bathrooms and it's perfect location. Acqua seems the next best choice. Anyone stayed at both these hotels and can do a good comparison?

I've stayed in one of the bigger rooms at Acqua. My own opinion is that the smaller standard rooms at Acqua just are not for me since I generally do spend a fair amount of time relaxing in the room. I think that Acqua has a far better breakfast than The Stay. Unless you're taking your shower alone, I think The Stay has a far better shower, and overall a better bathroom design. Acqua does have a bathtub in the big rooms if that's of interest. As for room size, The Stay has a lot of open floor space. The big room at Acqua feels spacious to me, but there is a lot of stuff in the room too. The Stay has a usable balcony, and I've sat out there and had more than a couple of comfortable room service dinners out there. What I recall of the Acqua balcony is that it was big enough for a single smoker to go out there for a smoke, but not nice enough for chillaxing, or having a meal out there. Acqua gives you some freebies in the refrigerator, The Stay only gives you the two waters. 

My own biased opinion, The Stay is still my current favorite. It used to be 247 Boutique until the chef changed and they screwed up my reservation once too often. A bigger than the standard room at Acqua is a close second. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Garzan said:

I've stayed in one of the bigger rooms at Acqua. My own opinion is that the smaller standard rooms at Acqua just are not for me since I generally do spend a fair amount of time relaxing in the room. I think that Acqua has a far better breakfast than The Stay. Unless you're taking your shower alone, I think The Stay has a far better shower, and overall a better bathroom design. Acqua does have a bathtub in the big rooms if that's of interest. As for room size, The Stay has a lot of open floor space. The big room at Acqua feels spacious to me, but there is a lot of stuff in the room too. The Stay has a usable balcony, and I've sat out there and had more than a couple of comfortable room service dinners out there. What I recall of the Acqua balcony is that it was big enough for a single smoker to go out there for a smoke, but not nice enough for chillaxing, or having a meal out there. Acqua gives you some freebies in the refrigerator, The Stay only gives you the two waters. 

My own biased opinion, The Stay is still my current favorite. It used to be 247 Boutique until the chef changed and they screwed up my reservation once too often. A bigger than the standard room at Acqua is a close second. 

Yes I also spend a lot of time in my room. As for the food... well I'm never awake at breakfast hours and the 3 meals I had at The Stay weren't that great. I always go out for food. Also, like you said the shower and balcony are really spacious, also big positives for me.

Guess I'll stay at The Stay again :) 24/7Boutique I never stayed but I did twice at the opposite Honey Inn. But going up and down Soi Honey all the time gets really annoying with the catcalling ladyboys.

• Like 2

Breakfast is good and remember, when you book your stay at Acqua ensure you select for 2 adults, then if the need arises, you can take your "date" down. I did a few times, one gal loved it, went up 5 or 6 times to get different dishes, then they bought her an omelette over.I was badly hungover so could only manage toast and multiple coffees. I was content enough to watch her feast. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tjappie said:

Guess I'll stay at The Stay again :) 24/7Boutique I never stayed but I did twice at the opposite Honey Inn. But going up and down Soi Honey all the time gets really annoying with the catcalling ladyboys.

Second time recently that someone has stated that, must be some truth to it then, but when I mentioned the same a while ago I got totally roasted!

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

On 03/01/2020 at 20:30, Bawdy said:

Second time recently that someone has stated that, must be some truth to it then, but when I mentioned the same a while ago I got totally roasted!

LBs on the soi can get to be a bit of a pain...but a big smile and. Mai ow khap, keeps them at bay.

• Like 2

My first impressions after staying for a few days:

- very friendly, polite and helpful staff; after turning on the ac for the first time I immediately noticed rattling sound it made, called reception, 5 minutes later engineer showed up and replaced the unit for a new one that works perfectly

- excellent breakfast spread - one of the best I’ve ever had in a hotel

- staying in building b is annoying; when you check in lady, go for breakfast or want to use pool you have to go outside as no connection to the main building. I was offered 2nd floor in main building or 5th floor in building. Receptionist warned me that former option is considerably louder so as a light sleeper I decided to put up with the annoyance and chose  the latter

- despite relatively young age you can notice wear and tear in places; my bathroom door has a leak, the small pool ladder being rusty and other minor things like that

- standard room is pretty small but that doesn’t bother me much, I don’t spend lots of time in it and the Tokyo rooms I encountered before got me used to modest space. One thing I don’t get is glass window in the shower facing outside. It’s understandable when it faces bedroom but in this configuration the only purpose I can think of is to boast your dick size to the neighbours. I have curtain down all the time.

- pool area is ok, there is space for people who want to sunbathe and for people who prefer to chill in the shadows. Not very popular with other guests I noticed so it’s not crowded. The only problem I experienced so far is rude guys who bring their Bluetooth speakers and blast music. When confronted they act like I attack their freedom. Wtf.

- nice location, close to soi buakhao, lk metro and second road baht bus; slightly longer walk to beach road baht bus but not the end of the world.

Overall I’m happy with the stay but probably will choose something else next time just due to amount of other options available in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this hotel despite some of the negatives I will point out a little later.

The hotel is pretty new so everything is still in pretty good shape. The Soi Honey location is very convenient to LK Metro, Soi Buakhao, and Second Road. The furnishings are higher end (for Pattaya) and the service is great if not at times overwhelming. The breakfast buffet was very good and there is an egg / omelet station. There is a large infinity pool on the roof with a cold water jacuzzi. There is also a small gym and a sauna up there.

One thing I really liked about the pool area was that there were lounges underneath a roof overhang so you could sit outside and avoid too much sun. They also had two "unprotected" lounge areas for the sun worshippers.

There was also a bar in the pool area that I didn't use but the prices seemed reasonable.

I stayed in two different rooms. Both were in the main building.  I didn't want the hassle of walking between buildings to use the pool / gym or eat breakfast. 

The first week I was in one of the standard rooms. These rooms are incredibly small in the living area though the bathroom seemed a lot more spacious than the room itself. The shower was pretty roomy and offered a rainfall and handheld showerhead.  All of the standard toiletries were included.  Kettle for coffee / tea (coffee and tea included) and small refrigerator were available.

The next week I was in one of the Deluxe rooms. The living area was a little larger though I would still consider it small by Pattaya standards. In the bathroom they added a tub (not a jacuzzi) but unfortunately they took the space from the shower so it was even smaller than the shower in the standard room. Personally I would eliminate the tub for a large shower.

Inside the rooms the furnishing were top notch. Nice large flat screen (that I never turned on), a couple of nice robes and slippers. My only complaint about the furnishings is that the storage is not really conducive to putting away your clothes. They have large cabinets with only a single shelf. A chest of drawers or multiple shelves in the cabinets would have been better.

In summary, I would stay here again in one of the larger rooms if the price was right.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Question for anyone that's stayed here and booked direct through their site.

I completed the booking form and payment details for my May trip.  Received an email with booking details and a link to a voucher.  However, payment doesn't seem to have been taken.

I'm keen to make payment now because a) then it's paid b) GBP might shit itself at any time and c) I've always done my hotel bookings through hotels.com so am used to making payment upfront (less to worry about).

I'm assuming that this mean payment will be taken at check-in but if someone could confirm that would be appreciated?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smalik said:

Question for anyone that's stayed here and booked direct through their site.

I completed the booking form and payment details for my May trip.  Received an email with booking details and a link to a voucher.  However, payment doesn't seem to have been taken.

I'm keen to make payment now because a) then it's paid b) GBP might shit itself at any time and c) I've always done my hotel bookings through hotels.com so am used to making payment upfront (less to worry about).

I'm assuming that this mean payment will be taken at check-in but if someone could confirm that would be appreciated?

I think that’s the advantage of booking directly with the hotel. My experience has been they take payment on check out, and perhaps sometimes at check-in.

Edited by ctp2018
  • Thanks 1

How was the bathtub of the room ? From all the pictures above, it seems very much cramp even for a deluxe room, which already an upgrade from the standard room. How about other amenities in the room ? soap, toothbrush, etc. ?

• Like 1

On 06/02/2020 at 19:47, EtMementoMori said:

How was the bathtub of the room ? From all the pictures above, it seems very much cramp even for a deluxe room, which already an upgrade from the standard room. How about other amenities in the room ? soap, toothbrush, etc. ?

Not sure about toothbrush, but hi-end bathroom goodies, see bottom right of pic.

433CC8EB-6236-4F13-A7F8-29AAA1025ACB.jpeg

• Like 1

Housekeeping sometimes left a dental kit, a cheap toothbrush and paste.  They weren't real consistent replacing it when a guest would use it the night before.  If necessary, the folks at the front desk could hook you up.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 16:42, Yagami Light said:

- despite relatively young age you can notice wear and tear in places; my bathroom door has a leak, the small pool ladder being rusty and other minor things like that

lol. I've stayed there three times now and all three times have had this exact leak in the bathroom glass shower door. Just a design flaw I guess. Take a long enough shower and your floor mat outside the shower is saturated. It was annoying, but all in all, one of the few complaints I had. I like this hotel. If the rooms were just a pinch larger, it would be near perfect for the price range. Found myself waking up early to hit the breakfast buffet. Location is great and the staff are all friendly.