IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

On 10/01/2020 at 13:42, Yagami Light said:

My first impressions after staying for a few days:

- very friendly, polite and helpful staff; after turning on the ac for the first time I immediately noticed rattling sound it made, called reception, 5 minutes later engineer showed up and replaced the unit for a new one that works perfectly

- excellent breakfast spread - one of the best I’ve ever had in a hotel

- staying in building b is annoying; when you check in lady, go for breakfast or want to use pool you have to go outside as no connection to the main building. I was offered 2nd floor in main building or 5th floor in building. Receptionist warned me that former option is considerably louder so as a light sleeper I decided to put up with the annoyance and chose  the latter

- despite relatively young age you can notice wear and tear in places; my bathroom door has a leak, the small pool ladder being rusty and other minor things like that

- standard room is pretty small but that doesn’t bother me much, I don’t spend lots of time in it and the Tokyo rooms I encountered before got me used to modest space. One thing I don’t get is glass window in the shower facing outside. It’s understandable when it faces bedroom but in this configuration the only purpose I can think of is to boast your dick size to the neighbours. I have curtain down all the time.

- pool area is ok, there is space for people who want to sunbathe and for people who prefer to chill in the shadows. Not very popular with other guests I noticed so it’s not crowded. The only problem I experienced so far is rude guys who bring their Bluetooth speakers and blast music. When confronted they act like I attack their freedom. Wtf.

- nice location, close to soi buakhao, lk metro and second road baht bus; slightly longer walk to beach road baht bus but not the end of the world.

Overall I’m happy with the stay but probably will choose something else next time just due to amount of other options available in Pattaya.

Very detailed review, thanks!  I mainly booked this hotel for my upcoming trip because of the location.  Are there other hotels in that area you can recommend? :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thegreenranger said:

Very detailed review, thanks!  I mainly booked this hotel for my upcoming trip because of the location.  Are there other hotels in that area you can recommend? :)

Not really. This was my first trip to Pattaya so Acqua is the only hotel I have ever stayed in in this city. I hope you have a nice holiday!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thegreenranger said:

Here are a few hotels I would recommend within a few minutes walk from the Acqua hotel. If you use the search function, or just look back through the hotel section threads you will find reviews I have done of all of these.

24/7

LK Residence

Areca Lodge

Centra Avenue 

Centara Azure

Honey Inn

• Like 1

tried the Acqua breakfast buffet this trip for the first time and was disappointed. it's 400thb if you simply show up. they have a promotion for 200thb if you buy it at least one day in advance. 
imho certainly not worth 400thb and there are much better options available. egg station was good and an excellent omelett. bread selection was terrible (different toasts and a few pre sliced breads, but they were bad. and the usual dry mini-croissants). hot dishes were average and nothing that's not available in many other places. the available fruit juices were a nice touch. no yoghurt or muesli / granola options at all. dessert options looked ok, but that's really not my thing for breakfast. 

so: the breakfast is ok for a 200thb price, but for 400thb (and after having read people raving about it on here), i was very disappointed. 

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 hours ago, petehoax said:

so: the breakfast is ok for a 200thb price, but for 400thb (and after having read people raving about it on here), i was very disappointed. 

Geeze, at that price I'd rather just go to Bake N Brew. :-) I admit, I really did enjoy the buffet there, but I only ate there when I was also staying there. I certainly would not pay 400b for it. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thegreenranger said:

To add to @LOTTELLEE WINNA's list, I would also include The Stay on Soi 10. It would be just across Second Road from Acqua, headed for Beach Road.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Garzan said:

To add to @LOTTELLEE WINNA's list, I would also include The Stay on Soi 10. It would be just across Second Road from Acqua, headed for Beach Road.

Does anyone know if the stay hotel has decent Wi-Fi or not? I assume most of the larger hotels have good Wi-Fi but thought it was worth a check.

Edited by ctp2018
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Does anyone know if the stay hotel has decent Wi-Fi or not? I assume most of the larger hotels have good Wi-Fi but thought it was worth a check.

I thought it was fine but I wasn't doing anything all that taxing with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petehoax said:

tried the acqua breakfast buffet this trip for the first time and was disappointed. it's 400thb if you simply show up. they have a promotion for 200thb if you buy it at least one day in advance. 
imho certainly not worth 400thb and there are much better options available. egg station was good and an excellent omelett. bread selection was terrible (different toasts and a few pre sliced breads, but they were bad. and the usual dry mini-croissants). hot dishes were average and nothing that's not available in many other places. the available fruit juices were a nice Touch. no yoghurt or muesli / granola options at all. dessert options looked ok, but that's really not my thing for breakfast. 

The breakfasts in Acqua have always had yogurt (next to cereals) when I have been there...hope their removal is temporary. Would I pay 400? No, but at 200 I would say it offers decent value. 

Most expensive breakfast I have had in Pattaya is 700 at the Bali Hai hotel (near the pier past WS). 

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

The breakfasts in Acqua have always had yogurt (next to cereals) when I have been there...hope their removal is temporary. Would I pay 400? No, but at 200 I would say it offers decent value. 

Most expensive breakfast I have had in Pattaya is 700 at the Bali Hai hotel (near the pier past WS). 

the only 2 "cereals" they had were kellogs choco krispies & corn flakes, right next to the coffe machine. and they had cold milk. that's it. (unless i somehow missed it completely. but i was actively looking for it and walked through the whole thing twice)

yeah, for 200 i agree it's ok. but i'm not big into pre-planning my breakfasts. i normally never go, unless i'm unexpectedly awake and hungry at this early hour. :) 

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

11 minutes ago, petehoax said:

the only 2 "cereals" they had were kellogs choco krispies & corn flakes, right next to the coffe machine. and they had cold milk. that's it. (unless i somehow missed it completely. but i was actively looking for it and walked through the whole thing twice)

yeah, for 200 i agree it's ok. but i'm not big into pre-planning my breakfasts. i normally never go, unless i'm unexpectedly awake and hungry at this early hour. :) 

Agree with all you say. The only way I would prebook a breakfast is if it was part of the package when booking my room.

Just booked Acqua.  Again. ( thanks lottellee winer).  1600 baht per night. Deluxe room , breakfast for two :GrinNod1:

june 6.   Booked direct with hotel.  14 nights 

just one question gave bank details but no money gone out yet. Or pending. ?  

do I pay on arrival?

thanks 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nunchuck said:

just one question gave bank details but no money gone out yet. Or pending. ?  

As near as I can tell from my own bookings with hotels in Thailand, they really are quite random about when they decide to pull the funds out of my account for a booking. They always do eventually get the funds, but I'm never exactly sure when they will pull them. 

• Like 1

I am not sure why anyone would just rock up to breakfast at the Acqua, book your room for two, including breakfast. That way you can pop down, it's open until quite late although I don't recall until when, and have a leisurely 6 course breakfast for two, with endless coffees and juice. It's good value alright, if you do it right.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

I am not sure why anyone would just rock up to breakfast at the Acqua, book your room for two, including breakfast. That way you can pop down, it's open until quite late although I don't recall until when, and have a leisurely 6 course breakfast for two, with endless coffees and juice. It's good value alright, if you do it right.

Think it’s open until 11am.   

• Like 2

If I recall correctly my booking didn't include breakfast as I don't always get up early enough to want to pay in advance, slow getting going and all that. Why pay for two breakfasts that may never get used. On check in I was offered a discount deal that was maybe 250 baht for one. Was a nice breakfast but its nice to keep your options open to try other places if you even get up that early.

8 minutes ago, burgher said:

If I recall correctly my booking didn't include breakfast as I don't always get up early enough to want to pay in advance, slow getting going and all that. Why pay for two breakfasts that may never get used. On check in I was offered a discount deal that was maybe 250 baht for one. Was a nice breakfast but its nice to keep your options open to try other places if you even get up that early.

Cost me 100 baht extra two persons. Per night. When including room price 

so for 100 baht if I don’t wake up in time. It’s not such a big loss 

and the breakfast there is fantastic 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/02/2020 at 09:59, Yagami Light said:

Breakfast is open until noon.

BTW, if you stay at 247 Boutique hotel, you now have breakfast at Acqua (Hive Restaurant has been sold).

• Thanks 2

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

• 5 months later...

Any information about getting multiple guests in the room at the same time ?? From what I read here it’s an absolute guest friendly hotel when it comes to getting back 1 guest at a time ... but what if we have 2 guests with us ?? Any information on it ??

5 minutes ago, aa17981 said:

Any information about getting multiple guests in the room at the same time ?? From what I read here it’s an absolute guest friendly hotel when it comes to getting back 1 guest at a time ... but what if we have 2 guests with us ?? Any information on it ??

To the best of my knowledge, pay the extra fee for the second guest, or change your reservation to Page 10 hotel on the next block. Page 10 doesn't charge for multiple guests. I do think Acqua is a nicer and newer hotel, but Page 10 isn't bad and they are only a couple of minutes' walk from each other. I guess it would depend on how many threesomes and more-somes you were planning to do. 

Also, last time I was in town Page 10 was open for guests and Acqua had a chain on the door along with 247. It may be different now, but be sure to check with the hotel that they are actually open.

Edited by Garzan

4 minutes ago, Garzan said:

To the best of my knowledge, pay the extra fee for the second guest, or change your reservation to Page 10 hotel on the next block. Page 10 doesn't charge for multiple guests. I do think Acqua is a nicer and newer hotel, but Page 10 isn't bad and they are only a couple of minutes' walk from each other. I guess it would depend on how many threesomes and more-somes you were planning to do. 

Also, last time I was in town Page 10 was open for guests and Acqua had a chain on the door along with 247. It may be different now, but be sure to check with the hotel that they are actually open.

Thanks a lot for the guidance ... i am planning to book for December first week .. and will go for pay at the hotel option with a minimal cancellation charge... baracuda was my first option but as we can’t smoke even in the room balcony there I gave it up ... so now am thinking between Page 10 & Acqua ... and after reading your reply am more inclined towards Page 10 now .. thanks a lot 

10 minutes ago, aa17981 said:

Thanks a lot for the guidance ... i am planning to book for December first week .. and will go for pay at the hotel option with a minimal cancellation charge... baracuda was my first option but as we can’t smoke even in the room balcony there I gave it up ... so now am thinking between Page 10 & acqua ... and after reading your reply am more inclined towards Page 10 now .. thanks a lot 

I don't know about multiple guests here, but this is where I'll be staying next month. There are some excellent deals going on now, and this place is usually more expensive than I'm willing to pay. Right now, it's not.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1049623-Reviews-Intimate_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

It's just on the north side of The Avenue so also not far away from that general neighborhood. 

Edited by Garzan

17 minutes ago, Garzan said:

I don't know about multiple guests here, but this is where I'll be staying next month. There are some excellent deals going on now, and this place is usually more expensive than I'm willing to pay. Right now, it's not.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1049623-Reviews-Intimate_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

It's just on the north side of The Avenue so also not far away from that general neighborhood. 

This one looks amazing .... and the location seems perfect too I guess .... thanks for the amazing recommendation