IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

23 minutes ago, Garzan said:

I don't know about multiple guests here, but this is where I'll be staying next month. There are some excellent deals going on now, and this place is usually more expensive than I'm willing to pay. Right now, it's not.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1049623-Reviews-Intimate_Hotel-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

It's just on the north side of The Avenue so also not far away from that general neighborhood. 

The major attraction for me at the baracuda suites is the huge mirror in front of the bed ... somehow it’s a fantasy seeing the action happening live especially if it’s with 2 girls together lol .... and none of the other places I have searched have that option .... so now my priority is intimate hotel followed by Page 10 followed by acqua 

about multiple guests: Acqua & 247 have a 500thb joiner fee for the 2nd guest (1st one is free of course). 
afaik, intimate has a 1000 thb joiner fee for the 2nd guest (1st one is free again). at least that's the case in fourteen again, their sister hotel that is just opposite and shares some facilties (and have the same check-in / check-out; so i'd be surprised if initimate is different). 

Page 10 as mentioned has no joiner fee // unlimited guests. barracuda also unlimited guests from all reports. just something to keep in mind if you plan on multiple 3somes. 

ps: i wouldn't be too optimistic about a december trip. maybe it will be possible, maybe not. but certainly do not yet book a hotel!

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, aa17981 said:

Any information about getting multiple guests in the room at the same time ?? From what I read here it’s an absolute guest friendly hotel when it comes to getting back 1 guest at a time ... but what if we have 2 guests with us ?? Any information on it ??

Acqua is brutal on the joiner fee. Back in Feb, there was a alcohol black out one night. I knew it was happening and got a bottle of Sang Som at 7-11. Went back to the bar to get my girl and her friend wanted to tag along, having nothing else to do with the bar closed early. I said OK to a couple drinks, but made it clear I wasn't interested in anything else with the friend (not my type). They were both good with that, but the hotel wanted 500 baht even when I said we were just having a couple drinks in the room. 

I guess I can't really blame them. They don't know if you change your mind that both stay. But still, it is a super rigid rule and they don't budge. If that's your regular thing, definitely find a different hotel

to be fair, you can't expect  anything different. the rules are clear. first joiner is free, 2nd one (and everyone after that) is 500thb. it doesn't matter if you fuck or drink or play chess together... it also doesn't matter how long she stays. as you say, you can't really blame them that they simply & strictly enforce the rule. 

i had something similar happen in 247: i planned a 3-some with two girls that are close friends. back in the room and after having a shower, one girl decided that she didn't feel comfortable with the 3-some, so she left again. but of course that was already like 30 minutes after i've signed the joiner fee receipt at the reception, so no chance to get it back again (and i also didn't even try). 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, petehoax said:

to be fair, you can't expect  anything different. the RULES are clear. first joiner is free, 2nd one (and everyone after that) is 500thb. it doesn't matter if you fuck or drink or play chess together... it also doesn't matter how long she stays. as you say, you can't really blame them that they simply & strictly enforce the rule. 

i had something similar happen in 247: i planned a 3-some with two girls that are close friends. back in the room and after having a shower, one girl decided that she didn't feel comfortable with the 3-some, so she left again. but of course that was already like 30 minutes after i've signed the joiner fee receipt at the reception, so no chance to get it back again (and i also didn't even try). 

No, I get it. I was just hoping the TG I was with could explain it in a way that would be understood by the hotel staff. That's worked in the past for me in another hotel.

The whole joiner fee on the 2nd guest is there to cover additional water, towels, disposables and other amenities that come as part of the room price, Sure, it's there primarily to make money, but the additional consumption is real. But if that person isn't actually going to be using any of that stuff, the joiner fee doesn't make sense.

But again, I get it. This is TiT, and those are the rules for hotels with this policy. There's almost no way to regulate this outside of collecting up front, and I'm sure there have been cheap charlie's in the past trying to abuse leniency. 

it's slightly offtopic, but: the only REAL reason is to cover additional breakfast costs, and even these costs are minimal. everything else (additional water / towels) is soooooooooo minimal that it can be completely ignored. i mean: i get 4 towels every day anyway (due to frequent TF visitors). having a threesome or not doesn't change anything at all... and even the average additional / marginal breakfast consumption cost is certainly below 30 thb. 
it's just a creative way for hotels to create additional revenue or to create a profit center. the price (at 500 thb) is just low enough (and required infrequent enough) so that it does not play a role in a booking decision for 99% of guests (except those that know about it and plan on having very very frequent threesomes). 

not  that there's anything wrong with that. i mean it's a super tough market and prices are extremely competitive in pattaya. no complaints at all. 

funnily enough: somehow, the difference between 500 thb and 1000 thb for the 3rd guest (so the difference between 247/acqua and for example fourteen again) is large enough to play a major role for myself in booking decisions. it's not 100% rational, but i just hate the idea of having to pay an additional 1000 thb for the 2nd guest. 500thb is fine with me, but 1000thb is too much. if i have a threesome it's always a freelancer threesome and then the price difference is just large enough to piss me off. (even though i'm happy to spend 5k on the same night in a gogo). 

as i said, it's not completely reasonable, but it is what it is. so i will probably not book "fourteen again" again, just due to its joiner fee for the 2nd guest and i'm really keen on page10 just due to it's zero joiner fee, even though i probably only have between 0 and 2 threesomes in my hotel room during my holiday. 

• 1 year later...

Looked this review up as I managed to get a good deal for 15 nights, 24 Sep till 9 Oct.

980 THB per night (room only) on Agoda.

Thanks for the review!

If you are interested to see a more recent video review, you can watch this video.

There are English subtitles for most of it.

The key thing to note is that the rooftop area is not as nice as before anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

hmmm, picked this hotel for my next trip to Pattaya, waiting now for a good price in march. Cheapest so far is 36 Euro, but prices were lower. The breakfast confuses me, on some sites it will cost 21 Euro on other just 10 or 11. Probably 21 for 2 people, 11 for one? But on the other hand, who makes breakfast. Bargirls are very sleepy in the morning. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gert78 said:

hmmm, picked this hotel for my next trip to Pattaya, waiting now for a good price in march. Cheapest so far is 36 Euro, but prices were lower. The breakfast confuses me, on some sites it will cost 21 Euro on other just 10 or 11. Probably 21 for 2 people, 11 for one? But on the other hand, who makes breakfast. Bargirls are very sleepy in the morning. 

There are plenty of places outside where you can eat or eat for less compared to the hotel rate.
I wouldn't book one with breakfast if it was available. I always eat outside, unless breakfast is already included in the rate.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gert78 said:

That $21 Euro is most likely for 2 people. I also think they inflate the price when shown as "included in the package" to make it seem like a better deal. For instance, Agoda has rooms for $39 USD in Feb 2024 that includes this breakfast for 2 which they note is a $23 USD value. There's no way they would rent this room for $16 USD/night without breakfast. 

Seems like Feb is fairly booked and the only option is to get it with breakfast on Agoda, but other times of the year there is an option to book rooms there without breakfast. But if I recall, the price difference is only around $10 USD off. 

Their breakfast isn't a bad spread though. Fresh fruits/salads, German style offerings, omelet and bread stations, at least one bacon or sausage offering, and a few eastern offerings as well. The only downside is the 7-10am time limit, but I tend to be an early riser. If I do miss it, I really dig the Bake N Brew a few blocks from the hotel. Not the cheapest, but pretty solid food. 

• Like 2

I like the hotel but stopped staying there because they don't allow 18 or 19 year olds into the room.  Can't remember if its 20 or 21 but either way will not be staying there again because of that policy.  If you don't mind that then I think its great for the price and location. 

• Like 2

A tip for anyone staying at Acqua - request a front facing (soi Honey) room…as rear rooms are subject to noise from the Treetown complex. This is particularly true if you are in the annex wing (that’s the one without the pool, reception and restaurant). 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

A tip for anyone staying at Acqua - request a front facing (soi Honey) room…as rear rooms are subject to noise from the Treetown complex. This is particularly true if you are in the annex wing (that’s the one without the pool, reception and restaurant). 

Do you happen to know offhand which wing the larger ‘deluxe’ sized rooms are in…or are the in both?

Edited by wallywest
  • Like 1

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

Just now, wallywest said:

Do you happen to know offhand which wing the larger ‘deluxe’ sized rooms are in…or are the I both?

I don’t mate…but I know a man who might. I’m sure @Garzan has stayed in the larger rooms - he might know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Do you happen to know offhand which wing the larger ‘deluxe’ sized rooms are in…or are the in both?

My guess would be both. I know for certain they are in the building closer to Second Road, and on the Soi 11/Soi Honey side, which just so happens to afford the most isolation from the Tree Town noise level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if this is the same for both sides of the hotel (or even all floors), but last time I stayed there back in February, I stayed in the wing closer to Tree Town (the one without the pool). My room faced Soi Honey. I noticed on the evacuation floor plan on the back of the door, the rooms across the hall facing Tree Town all seemed to be significantly larger on my floor. Possible "family" sized for some.

My room in contrast was the smallest size because it was the last room available. That's really my only major complaint about this place. It's clean, great location, and I feel the staff is trustworthy, but if you get a small room, you're constantly banging your legs against the bed frame just walking around the place.  

The annex side is nice if you want to be left alone though. Front desk is rarely staffed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stayed in Acqua during covid and the location is great, of course, but the room was way too small for me. I changed too a large room, because they had a promotion and the hotel was literally empty. The large room is just 2 small rooms with a connecting door and it was okay, but the one I had, did not have a balcony. I have never been there again and will not...

• Like 1