IGNORED

Hotel Acqua - Lottellee’s 2019 Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

10 hours ago, xc1 said:

Always book for 2 to avoid hassle. Plus at Acqua you can get a second key to keep power on when away. 

Yes, probably not needed at a Pattaya hotel, but it never hurts as just a general practice. I almost always book for two, even though I usually travel alone. And as you mention, being able to have two keycards could be handy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nunchuck said:

Here now. Top hotel. Very very pleased 

Glad you are enjoying it mate.

On 28/05/2019 at 22:35, qqwert said:

Booked here for November, is it two separate buildings as it appears to be on Google Earth and if so how easy is it to get to the gym and pool if you are in the other building?

Based on this and other reviews ive booked for November also. 11 nights in the Deluxe room with breakfast via the book now pay later option (Due to uncertain work commitments) for 2500Bt per night. Chosen for location and quality.

Stayed at the LK Empress the previous 3 times but due to them screwing me with double charging to my account weeks after returning from Pattaya ive booked elsewhere.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, brimmy2003 said:

... with double charging to my account weeks after returning from Pattaya ive booked elsewhere.

You should use a third-party reservation site (i.e. hotels.com, booking.com, expedia, Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, etc.) to mitigate such issues.

38 minutes ago, 6853395 said:

You should use a third-party reservation site (i.e. hotels.com, booking.com, expedia, Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, etc.) to mitigate such issues.

I did, i used Agodo but the policy was to pay the balance at the hotel which i did using my credit card. However a few weeks after returning home i noticed they had charged a separate amount to the card also. Contacted them but no response as yet.

Was thinking of booking this hotel, but just booked 24/7. They currently have a big ass discount going on their website;

3ZqJuYT.png

It seems to be valid throughout the low season if you book now. And since I've stayed in both before, I know it's also good. With Acqua at almost twice the price, it's very hard to justify booking there. These are guest house prices. On booking.com I saw similarly low prices (but still about €50/$56 more expensive than booking through their own website). Agoda on the other hand was still quoting full price.

@LOTTELLEE WINNA : Not meaning to rain on your review. It's still spot on. :) Just thought it'd be nice to give people a heads up on the discount if they're looking for a bargain, since the two hotels are from the same owner and are very similar.

P.S.: I've booked through their website before, without a single problem. I was hesitant at first, since I usually use Agoda/booking.com. But it was a secure connection on their website and no 'suprise' charges after the fact. That said, I always use a CC with a low monthly limit when booking directly via a hotel just in case. ;)

Edited by Sacrilicious
  • Like 2

@Sacrilicious wow that’s a top price for 24/7. Was it exclusive or inclusive of tax and other charges....though either way, it’s still a great price. 

7 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@Sacrilicious wow that’s a top price for 24/7. Was it exclusive or inclusive of tax and other charges....though either way, it’s still a great price. 

@LOTTELLEE WINNA I think it was excluding tax/service charge, but that was only a total 2k baht for 15 nights or so. And on booking.com it was still €50 more expensive, comparing to the total price on their own website. Let alone the near €130+ price jump on Agoda :o

Anyway, if it helps someone out, great. If not... well... I tried. Haha.

Edited by Sacrilicious
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sacrilicious said:

@LOTTELLEE WINNA I think it was excluding tax/service charge, but that was only a total 2k baht for 15 nights or so. And on booking.com it was still €50 more expensive, comparing to the total price on their own website. Let alone the near €130+ price jump on Agoda :o

Anyway, if it helps someone out, great. If not... well... I tried. Haha.

Good price you got there mate...it’s a fine hotel, and in a top location too.

Due to your recommendations I booked there 20 nights for my first trip to Pattaya. I'm hoping for a nice stay :)

• Thanks 1

Booked 17 nights at Xmas thru Booking.com, €44 per night for Superior. I've asked for quiet room. Should I be more specific like Front side, Road side, Back of hotel. Which one is better?

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

2 hours ago, JonnyR said:

Booked 17 nights at Xmas thru booking.com, €44 per night for Superior. I've asked for quiet room. Should I be more specific like Front side, Road side, Back of hotel. Which one is better?

I personally would ask for a front facing room. I looked at one of the rear rooms and from the balcony they were almost in touching distance of a new building opposite.

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The first time last year it had just opened and they had some growing pains. I had a room that faced Soi Honey and it was great to sit on the balcony and watch all of the action. Seeing the comings and going’s of the lady’s was especially fun along with the Soapy clientele. They have two bars across the street that is open 24 hours but I never partake myself but good fun walking in and out. Great laundry near by as well. Overall i like the place. The last time in February they had a gentleman working the desk who sometime would ask my name of my guest. I had to go down and get the once or twice. I do have a bit of traffic in and out of my room but it all worked out. Breakfast is solid sadly never made it to the pool either I am just lazy out and about or fucking. Lol. Overall recommend based on location, newness and the cleaning staff does a good job 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The entrance of the hotel on Soi 10 Second Road.

IMG_20190702_122346.jpg

• Like 1

On April 2, 2562 BE at 20:00, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Some pics of the other rooms below.

the room i had twice was the second pic , top notch place to stay 

great report mate , something i couldn't get my head around

:Number1a:

• 3 months later...

Staying there in January for 16 days . Do they allows 18+ guests?

Edited by lusikas

• 1 month later...

Great review. I am going to go through all these posts and pick the best hotel for my needs. But I already like the balcony facing soi 1 which seems like it would be good for people watching, and yet quiet enough at night for peaceful sleep. 

Fast internet is a basic necessity if I am to invite friends over and/or connect via video calls with folks across the world. 

The rooms are huge, especially the deluxe

• Thanks 1

On 06/07/2019 at 09:47, sukebe69 said:

Is a key card needed to operate the elevator?

Nope. You don't need it to use the elevator in Building A or B. 

Edited by leon77hd

On 31/10/2019 at 23:07, lusikas said:

Staying there in January for 16 days . Do they allows 18+ guests?

Yes they do. So the hotel is divided into two Buildings A and B. If you stay in standard rooms then you'll be in building A. Otherwise B. Building A is where the reception desk is where staff members are present at all times. So when you bring guests, you have to go to the reception in building A and they take IDs from your guests. Once your guest leave, they even call your room phone to check if everything is good or not. 

I am staying in superior room. I hope this doesn't happened I find some cute girl maybe 18 or 19 and they don't let her in. what I gonna do then find short time room 

5 minutes ago, lusikas said:

I am staying in superior room. I hope this doesn't happened I find some cute girl maybe 18 or 19 and they don't let her in. what I gonna do then find short time room 

You'll be in Building B then. Building B doesn't have a dedicated reception. So if you bring a chick, you can just go straight to B and don't have to make your girl submit the ID. But I would recommend you to go to A and let her submit it at the desk. It's for your personal safety and to make sure she is legally an adult. Just saying. 

Re: No Window

I have a booking at Acqua from Feb 6-20.

It’s a Superior room (without breakfast) and I paid 1400 baht p/n, also includes a free cancellation.

The only thing is that it has “No Window”. When I asked them, they said it’s a glass panel that cannot open (but isn’t the definition of a window? I’m not really too concerned it opens or not, so long as I get natural light.

Anyway, I’m struggling to get an answer I can understand from them and I was wondering if anyone can shed light on it.

This is all they could say, but it’s still not clear:

c5ef36882b0940c24c7f87fdbc781c40.jpg

Ideally, I would like a room like the following, that has “the glass”:

5b84d29624fa981be73bc2dd8280bf39.jpg

And I’m trying to avoid having a room like that has something like this:

e13b20b6d10ce3a7c189478d7b3a8a9a.jpg

So the glass panel is like a Western hotel in that you can't open it. I can sort of understand their thinking that the word "window" implies a panel that can be opened. Sometimes when my wife and I are speaking what we both believe to be English I have no clue at all what she's going on about. Our phrase is "English on the moon". If she talks long enough I can sometimes figure it out through context, but in short phrases I end up thinking 'WTF?!?'

I think that you've established that there will be some sort of natural light in the room. I never tried opening any of the glass when I stayed in one of the Executive Deluxe rooms, but I recall there being a lot of glass, and a lot of light. Perhaps the best course would be to let things slide until you are actually there, and if you end up with the second photo, ask them to change your room to one of the ones with more glass like the first photo. I suspect though that the first photo is far more accurate to what is available ... especially looking at photos of the hotel exterior. There are lots of windows everywhere from looking at the outside of the building.